I'll be traveling to Kenya on Safari. What do I need to have prior to travel? any tips and information that can help make my Kenya stay fun will be helpful. I'll be there for 2 weeks.
    12-31-08 05:49 AM
    One answer really. DOLLARS! They absolutely love them!
    I'm from the UK and whilst I expected our Pounds to be pretty useless (which they were) I never realised just how helpful US Dollars would be or I'd have grabbed some before we left!
    When you have to buy your Visas over there to enable you to travel around....the transaction will be MUCH smoother if you can offer Dollars. If not, it can be a pretty sticky and time-consuming process!

Good luck, and enjoy!
    12-31-08 06:12 AM
    I would check the Centers for Disease Control website to see if there are any specific vaccinations that you might need.
    12-31-08 10:43 AM
    Which country are you from? Depending on your country of origin, you may need a Kenya visa to enter Kenya. Make sure you have a passport. Although immunization is not mandatory, take precautions and take some malaria tablets. Kenya has a tropical climate so pack medium to light clothing. Get more information on travel tips from this website kenya-information-guide.com Kenya Information Guide - Facts, Travel and Everything About Kenya
    01-01-09 01:24 AM
    This may be oblivious but you may need a plane ticket depending on were you live...lol

**sorry I am bored right now**
    01-02-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD