what defines "race" to me? a starting line, a finish line, a winner and a loser!

race is/was a way to classify people before the politically correcttards took over. i see race as where your bloodline comes from, i guess. i'm half korean & half white-trash. i consider my race Asian of Korean descent.
    10-18-10 03:26 PM
    what defines "race" to me? a starting line, a finish line, a winner and a loser!

race is/was a way to classify people before the politically correcttards took over. i see race as where your bloodline comes from, i guess. i'm half korean & half white-trash. i consider my race Asian of Korean descent.
    Hahahaha you beat me to it! I was going to say a race is when a vehicle's performance is almost on par and one beats the other by better skills. Still, still feels good to dust a crappy civic or a loud-@ss all-show no-go v8. Especially on canyon carving, feels good to outdrive your opponent with skills.

Now that said back in topic. Race in my opinion is a mixture of your being ie: skin color and the way you carry yourself. What do I mean. Sometimes people of indian or middle eastern may appear to be cacausian or hispanic, or when a person appears to be african-american but turn out to be filipino or samoan. Note this response is a combination of perceived race, actual race, and the race which someone would identify themselves. By the way im hispanic, and a little advice to all: all mexican people are hispanic, but not all hispanic people are mexican.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by WhoolioPreludee; 10-19-10 at 10:48 AM.
    10-19-10 10:37 AM
    Old topic but interesting. To me it is easy I'm an individual in the human race. Why assume a person is the same as another just because of superficial qualities, even identical twins are not exactly the same. I treat everyone differently, basically each person gets a customized response and not a general response from me.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:54 PM
    F1, indy, speedway, drag racing, quarter mile, slot cars, speed boats. BMX, IROC.

Need any more?
    07-17-15 11:00 PM
    Guys, this isn't about my definition. This thread is for everyone to express their own views of what defines race.
    07-18-15 08:47 AM
    Human race! Effed up by Arms race.
    middbrew likes this.
    07-18-15 08:54 AM
    Won of dem fingies were sumbodypersons kums firsty, sekondy or firdy sea eh?
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    08-12-15 08:37 AM
    What defines race to you? I�ve had a few discussions lately with friends, and it seems race is defined in many ways. This is not a thread to judge any race, but rather to explore it�s personal meaning to each participant. This should be nothing but a celebration of the rainbow that is, the human race.

While most would consider me white, as a Jew, I think of my race as Hebrew. Of course there are many differing opinions on this. True, it is a religion, and anyone can convert. Also true, all races on earth have Jews among them. I look at the Tower of Babel, and think that it can explain a lot. If you believe yourself a direct descendant of Abram, no matter what your skin tone, or hair color, to me you are of the Hebrew race, as well as the race you appear from to others. Many Jews fear being defined as a race, and the �80 Supreme Court decision to distinguish them as such dismayed them. Through history, there is good reason for this fear, but I will not allow fear to guide my life. I don�t believe myself superior or inferior to anyone else, but I am a Hebrew, and will claim that to my dying day.
    We're all descendants of Noah,
    that's were the loose ends meet... :-))))

(God send him the rainbow. What a beautiful thing...)

The world's oldest tree is roughly 4200 to 4500 years old. Pure coincidence?

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-12-15 09:24 PM
    We're all descendants of Noah,
    that's were the loose ends meet... :-))))

(God send him the rainbow. What a beautiful thing...)

The world's oldest tree is roughly 4200 to 4500 years old. Pure coincidence?

•   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   •
    I agree, the Old Testament contains a lot of stories that while discounted today by many, appear to hold some truth.

He also sent him an olive branch, and a couple less than respectable daughters. Hmmmmmm...
    08-12-15 09:32 PM
    Race to me is a category based system, in which people are put into certain "boxes" based on physical features they posses. This can relate to skin colour, facial features and voice tone.

This becomes a great help when you need to describe someone for a certain purpose. The more differences you can find the better your chances of finding them.

But up till about 12 years old, a race honestly meant start line, finish line :P

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    08-14-15 01:32 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD