Ok we all know that 2.5G (EDGE) is SLOW AS ****!!!!! 3G is sweet and speedy. My Berry has GOT to have 3G period. But what is next? What's this 3.5G or HSDPA? And further more has anyone got any info on NttDotComm (sp?) And their experiment on their super 3G (300mb/s downlink) ? Also I've read of WiMax as being 4G. I have no idea what WiMax is except the fact Sprint has teamed up with Clearwire to bring it to us by '08. Does anyone know about these new technologies or anything else worth knowing?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-07 04:49 AM
    HSDPA is indeed the new data connection, don't know how it's going to work in the US though, as for other questions, NTTdocomo will never make it outside of Japan... they use a UMTS band not in operation anywhere else. Most 3G networks use WCDMA.... Also.. WiMax is just a new Wifi.. works over long distances like 20KM or so.. so will more than likely be taken up by networks.....
    07-21-07 10:30 AM
    WiMax is essentially WiFi with a bigger range and better speeds, I believe. I did a bit of research on it before but I forgot the specifics (4 years of me being lazy in college, heh). It uses the same methodology as WiFi for broadcasting, but its far stronger in terms of wave length and frequency. There was this one article where I read that a WiMAX tower barbequed a bird when it was in use somewhere. That's because the waves used on WiMAX are similar to that of microwave waves. :-o

07-23-07 07:49 AM
    WiMax Chicken? Sound like some good eats!!!

07-23-07 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD