One of our members and an all around great guy is doing this for charity:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/i-w...nation-160633/

Now I'm wondering what do the rest of CB do for charitable causes?

I do the Big Climb for the Lukemia & Lymphoma Society. It is held at City Place in Hartford.
    You basically collect contributions on how many of the 37 flights of stairs
    you can run up. I usually do 3 evolutions. 2 in full firefighting gear.

What do the rest of you do?
    02-15-09 09:39 PM
    Wow.. 37 flights of stairs in turnout gear... phew!

I volunteer as medical help for the Susan Kommen breast cancer run/walk as well as for the PF changs fun run, AZ kidney foundation Walk, Relay for Life... that sort of thing. Nothing like patching blistered women's feet all day. I've participated in them as well, but there's never enough people to apply moleskin and wrap ankles for hours...
    02-15-09 10:41 PM
    I am always a team leader for the american cancer societys breast cancer walk! Every year in october I walk with my team and raise money for the cause! And I love pink, so hey....it works for me! Helping people and looking cute all dressed in pink! Especially that time of year! I wear lots of pink to get ppl to ask questions and donate!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 11:14 PM
    I support the special Olympics as well and the Susan Kommen Breast Cancer foundation!
    02-16-09 01:37 AM
    02-16-09 03:14 AM
    I support a few, but my fave these days is not really a charity. It's a family. My next door neighbour has a neice who is a single mom of two 11 year old twin girls. About 7 months ago, my neighbour asked if I would donate some tattoo time for a charity auction that they were having to help the mom be able to take time off of work so she can take one of the little girls to treatments for a childhood cancer that they just found out about.

Being a dad of two girls myself, this broke my heart to hear and I'll even admit that I cried when Linda(My neighbour) told me about her neice's daughter.(I'm not a very emotional guy 99.9% of the time and can't remember the last time I cried.)

Anyhow, long story short. I was lucky enough to be part of a great auction with alot of contributors and have since donated the proceeds from every single tattoo that is reffered by that family. Mom stays home and takes her daughter to every single appointment and she's doing very well and is also expected to make a full recovery.

Sorry for the long post.
    02-16-09 04:52 AM
    I support St. Judes hospital, the ASPCA, and First Candle.

First candle is the most important for me because 9 years ago my daughter passed away at 3 months old from SIDS. The others are pretty self explanatory.

02-16-09 06:00 AM
    Very nice to see CB members doing their part to make other
    peoples lives better. And Rosie jdoc and Kangaruex, I knew
    you 3 would be here
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-16-09 at 09:51 AM.
    02-16-09 09:31 AM
    Hale House
    NAACP
    Susan Koman
    A local daycare---not really a charity but volunteer time and give financial support.
    02-16-09 09:34 AM
    Very nice to see CB members doing their part to make other
    peoples lives better. And Rosie jdoc and Kangaruek, I knew
    you 3 would be here
    Awww, thanks AG! And here I thought you hated me!

02-16-09 09:39 AM
    Awww, thanks AG! And here I thought you hated me!
    Not in the slightest And thanks for not pointing out I spelled your screen name wrong
    02-16-09 09:53 AM
    Hale House
    Wonderful organization that does great work
    02-16-09 09:55 AM
    I'm running my first half marathon in May with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training.
    Visit my page at My Fundraising Page

02-16-09 10:09 AM
    I've supported a few charities throughout the years, but right now I'm a team leader for an event called St Baldrick's Day. Its for the St. Baldrick's Foundation and I'm shaving my head completely bald (a first for me) in an attempt to raise money for finding a cure for pediatric cancer and reasearch funding. I've started a thread about it, so please go visit the thread and read more about it.
    02-16-09 10:09 AM
    Not in the slightest And thanks for not pointing out I spelled your screen name wrong
    As bad as I am at punctuation and such, I would never do that. Well, not to you anyway...
    02-16-09 03:17 PM
    I make a yearly donation to St Judes Hospital.Thats about it.
    02-16-09 03:21 PM
    I donate to:
    St. Judes
    March of Dimes
    Our local food bank

and twice a year myself and my fellow consultants do an "Adopt a Grandparent" program where we raise money from businesses and individuals to give gift baskets to senior citizens in Nursing homes/Assisted Living centers and hospitals.

This year we're doing an "Adopt a Grandparent for Easter" fundraiser. On Easter day, we'll be going around delivering gift bags to our seniors with hydrating lotion, emollient night cream, and little hershey kisses so that they know that they are loved!
    02-16-09 04:06 PM
    I have been supporting the Special Olympics for the last few years
    02-16-09 04:34 PM
    Saint Judes, March of Dimes
    02-17-09 10:17 AM
    I just applied for the NH Make a Wish foundation. I'd like to help with events and help grant wishes for kids who are sick.
    02-17-09 10:49 AM
    The Greg Biffle Foundation

An advocate for the well being of animals.
    02-17-09 10:52 AM
    The Greg Biffle Foundation

An advocate for the well being of animals.
    I'll look into that-

PETA is way to extremist for my tastes...
    02-17-09 11:11 AM
    For years have donated time and money to the Red Cross, Alzheimers, and the Special Olympics. Now its St Baldricks Foundation
    02-17-09 11:39 AM
    I have co-chaired my organizations United Way Campaign last year. This year I am the Chair of the Campaign. This past October I helped organize 40 employees for the United Way Days of Caring.
    02-17-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD