03-07-11 09:52 AM
625 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I work part time in the summer as an umpire for several adult & youth baseball leagues. The phone & email get me work & save needless travel when the weather steps on the games. The calender is a must to keep me on track. Being prompt & available for quick schedule changes is a real selling feature in this field!
    My BB & I support each other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:16 PM
    ... selling feature in this field...youth baseball leagues.
    Hahah...that's funny

claire
    02-20-09 10:53 PM
    Manager at UPS and also private "consulting" work on the side.....and I use my Bb for both, though only one provides a company discount on service.
    02-21-09 12:52 PM
    Another healthcare related field checking in.
    02-21-09 02:10 PM
    Thanks claire.
    There is a canadian band called The Rheostatics that reorded a song " Claire" It's quite nice.

Hahah...that's funny

claire
    02-21-09 07:23 PM
    Currently work for ATT Mobility but I also own my own DJ business...we work with alot of area night clubs and do some weddings and other events as well so it helps me keep track of all of my clients and events. Not to mention the fact that its amazing on its own lol
    02-21-09 08:46 PM
    Bb is definitely not a necessity at my work, but sure makes it easier. I am in restaurant management. Its useful to get all of my stores email immediately. All of the management above me has issued bbs so communicating via bbm is perfect.

Besides that its just perfect to keep track of my whole life.

02-21-09 10:58 PM
    Well as for me I do maintenance and I'm in charge of 13 properties and some others
    So a bb helps me by receiving work orders,emails (a lot of them) and many phone calls
    So my blackberry is my lifeline

02-21-09 11:23 PM
    I will soon be working towards a degree in electrical engineering, where I would like to get a job at RIM. Lol they would actually be my job.

02-21-09 11:30 PM
    Internal Medicine. I use my curve for personal indulgence. I have many news apps ( Fox, CNN, Time, Newsweek, CNBC, WSJ, Viigo, Alltel Express,) and I just downloaded slacker radio; haven't had a chance to use it yet.....at the end of the day I have to check CB!!!!

02-22-09 12:41 AM
    Criminal chaser! i dont NEED one but it looks cool!
    02-22-09 01:48 AM
    Finance manager, company paid for my bold and get reimbursed for my monthly bill... couldn't live without it, with the # of emails I get daily , 80-100....

The actual phone gets used very little for business, mostly email

LOL, I don't see the point of putting up ur own $ just to have a BB to use for work... if you boss doesn't think it's worth the $$, why put up your $? Cool factor? I mean you don't pay for blackberry enterprise access yourself also, do you? omg...
    02-22-09 08:58 AM
    Criminal chaser! i dont NEED one but it looks cool!
    So yer a lawyer????
    02-22-09 11:02 AM
    So yer a lawyer????
    Criminal chaser could be a cop?
    02-22-09 11:04 AM
    Management Consulting. Volume of email I get every day is pretty bad so the BB has become a necessity so I don't have to keep my work laptop with me and open all the time. Plus with all the travel, the BB makes it easier
    03-01-09 08:02 AM
    if yall look at his pic it says "K9 Cop" so htats my guess

DOGGIE HUNGRY!!!!!!
    03-01-09 12:10 PM
    i am an admin at an environmental consulting agency.... i get a ton of emails and it is sooo much easier to get them on the run and at home. i can respond so much quicker. esp. if i am running errands for the office and someone sends me an email "i need this done "NOW".... it does away with the laptop at home for email most of the time.

i love to read and with docs to go and wattpad, i can read my books on the pc.
    03-01-09 12:12 PM
    Sr Network Engineer/Team Lead. Need to be able to respond to any issues my team has ASAP as well as monitor our customers and be able to stay in touch with them.
    03-01-09 12:22 PM
    LOL, I don't see the point of putting up ur own $ just to have a BB to use for work... if you boss doesn't think it's worth the $$, why put up your $? Cool factor? I mean you don't pay for blackberry enterprise access yourself also, do you? omg...
    Actually, I did put up my own $$$ for a CAL and I pay the monthly bill for BES service.

I work in Government. If I waited until "my boss" (actually bosses) decided it was "worth it" (i.e., to expend public funds) to do anything, I'd still be waiting for lots of things that make MY work life better.

Not a "cool factor" thing at all. It makes *my* work life - and, hence, my overall life - a LOT easier.

Example: I telecommute 2 days a week. If (while telecommuting) I run an errand at 2pm (instead of the normal 12 pm to 1 pm lunch hour), I can still appear to be "working at home" from my Blackberry because I'm answering emails and such. The work gets done . . . and those whose idea of good management is making sure that everyone clocks in and out at exactly the right time are none the wiser.

It also makes me more productive. Doctor's appointments for my kid don't become lost time (or, alternatively, I don't have to lug around a laptop and worry about connection issues).

Also, no one does my job if/when I'm out of the office. Go on vacation for 2 weeks? Sure and come back to 2 weeks of emails - some of which can be on important topics. Choices? Lug laptop with me everywhere or take my BB. The BB is smaller, lighter and lets me know when I've got work emails (via push) versus having to log into a secure server and check work emails.

The phone itself was free (via a Sprint upgrade; 2 year contract no problem - been with Sprint 10 years anyway what's another 2?).

$20 a month to make my bosses think I'm indispensable and on top of things - in this recessionary environment - worth every penny IMO.
    03-01-09 01:00 PM
    I'm a nurse and they are not required. I can't imagine not having one though. Our company offers a very generous discount through verizon.
    03-01-09 07:15 PM
    I think now that my priorities have changed being a high school senior/college student (I know... sounds weird lol), a blackberry is best suited for me. My texting/IMing/web browsing addiction has also increased, so a blackberry is best for me.
    03-01-09 07:40 PM
    College, always on the go great for getting everything I need to get done wherever I am.
    03-01-09 07:50 PM
    Another healthcare but my staff are all Hospice workers in the field. High level of need for 24hr communications
    03-01-09 08:07 PM
    College, always on the go great for getting everything I need to get done wherever I am.
    Exactly. Especially since now my school considers me an actual college student this semester, I get emails a lot more now and I constantly keep in contact with the schools I'm currently applying to. My sidekick doesn't deliver my emails as quick as the blackberry, and I hate waiting hours for my sidekick to receive them (most of the time I'm lazy to check email on the computer).
    03-01-09 08:08 PM
    I got my first BB 8100 when I started working full-time and became president of an alumni chapter. I chose it so I can use the calendar feature and no longer carry a planner. Then I started syncing up my emails and was HOOKED! I had it for over two years and didnt start using apps till a few months ago.

As an underwriter at an insurance company, we are issued BB 8310 to keep up with our Outlook calendars, emails, and contacts. Very helpful in my line of business.

Now I have the 8900 for personal use and am amazed with it! Apps galore.

I basically use my 8310 to keep organized at work and use my 8900 to keep my personal life organized.
    03-01-09 09:26 PM
625 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD