03-07-11 09:52 AM
625 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    IT Manager on the road about 40 weeks every year, cannot function without my BB.........
    04-18-09 11:21 AM
    Work in IT. I am also the BES admin.
    04-19-09 03:55 AM
    I'm also college student, and I often find myself receiving e-mails/messages about last-minutes meetings I need to attend, sometimes with only a few minutes to spare. Without my BB, I probably wouldn't get those messages until the end of the day, when I finally had time to look at my laptop again! In an academic setting, it's also really handy to look up information whenever I need to.
    04-19-09 03:00 PM
    I'm a Student/Security Guard. My company doesn't have my BB contact info, but all the managers have company Berries. THOSE poor bastards are all stuck with 7200s.

(Which means I get to brag about how much nicer my BlackBerry is than theirs. Muahahahaha.)

When you're a security guard, the hardest part of your job is staying awake all night. Laptops make some clients antsy, but anyone important enough to get all huffy about such a thing has a work BB themselves.
    05-14-09 06:14 PM
    IT Consultant (System Software Implementations/Conversions). Not required. But, definitely could not do my job without it. Working at a client site I got it for free and a 15% Discount! Oh and yes I'm a Tech Geek. People are always surprised by what I do for a living!
    05-14-09 06:29 PM
    Ok first... this thread is not what I came here for today but it caught my attention.

I am a housewife/stay at home mom as well as the marketing/advertising administrator for an online educational organization and an ebay merchant. Between administrator meetings, 5 or 6 email addys to manage and friends worldwide to connect with life is very busy..... oh and 12 home-schooled kids.

I cant easily get to the pc in between laundry loads, school lessons, preparing meals and the other 500 tasks to respond to emails, forward lectures, attend meetings, work on spreadsheets and the other 500 tasks waiting for me, so that's where my BB steps in.

Blackberry..... it's a Wonderful World!

ohhhh KAY.... I totally didnt even look at the first post and missed the whole purpose of the thread. I don't have a career that supports my habit. I support my BB and my BB supports me. I found it for a good price on ebay, got it unlocked and took off from there. Please pardon me for not answering the initial question. TY
    Last edited by Umm Mujaab; 05-14-09 at 06:53 PM. Reason: missed purpose of the thread
    05-14-09 06:46 PM
    I work on the California State Board for a major Student Activities program (think: high school student government, but statewide) and travel very often and I run two of my own businesses on the side. While I don't have a BB /yet/ (getting it soon), i use my WinMo phone to take care of lots of business and juggle things.
    05-15-09 12:09 AM
    i work in the Fire/EMS field, im also a dispatcher, i use it for the BBM (which most people i work with have blackberries) and the email is great when there is a schedule change or if more staffing is needed
    05-15-09 01:29 AM
    In being an Agent for Nationwide, we have been recommended BlackBerry's for BES support as our programs run off VPNs. But most don't know that, as you buy your own BlackBerry, get charged a one time $80 fee from our company to use their software on our BB's, with an additional $18 a month for using it. Ill pass! Other than that, its a great communicating tool for the agents in case they are out in the field and need something, they just email us from their BlackBerry's, or great for inpections when taking pictures!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:06 AM
    IT Consultant dealing with NetApp storage.
    05-15-09 04:11 AM
    Assistant restaurant manager for a corporate restaurant chain in Canada.
    For sure not needed however it has helped my career greatly as not only am I reachable by phone/email. I have all work emails forwarded to my bb (created a rule on outlook 2007) so I am usually the 1st one to respond to questions from head office, area mgr, other stores , etc

05-15-09 10:21 AM
    I was a mail carrier in a midwestern city so GPS and weather info were VERY useful.

05-15-09 06:31 PM
    I am a university student and my parents foot my bills.

05-15-09 06:34 PM
    Network engineer... Yes, required to have my BB. However, I would have one anyway. At least this way my unlimited everything + tethering is free to me!

05-15-09 07:30 PM
    I am in the military and they all use Curves but I want to use my Storm
    05-15-09 07:31 PM
    Network / desktop / mobile admin for architecural firm. They paid for device and data only. I can expense business calls but that's usually too cumbersome.

05-15-09 09:25 PM
    I am a homeschooling mother of two preparing for an international move. In the two mos. or so that I have had my BB I have found that I depend on it more and more each week.

I use the calendar for scheduling appointments for the children and me, and keeping track of my husband's business travel dates.

I have added a great to-do app (Toodledo) to help me with the move.

The address book is great - I always have the no. I need/am looking for right there.

I keep up with friends and family via Facebook. I use BBM to txt my two best friends while watching TV at night - or occasionally when the children are working on their schoolwork independently (I still stay in the room with them in case there are questions).

It's also great for waiting rooms or standing in lines at stores - that's when I get caught up on the news!

The best part, though, if you ask the children - BrickBreaker! My 7yo beats the pants off the rest of us, LOL! Tthey also love to send txt to Daddy when he's away.

I think BBs are perfect for a stay-at-home mom (since we SAH moms rarely "stay-at-home")!!!
    05-15-09 09:48 PM
    I'm a designer and forward all my work calls to it, plus handle all of my side jobs with it as far as meeting, tasks etc, plus I make themes so it helps to try them out before release.
    05-15-09 09:52 PM
    I am a consultant to insurance companies telling them what p insurer and how much is right and what to pay out for wecked stuff. A lot of time is the office with email and stuff. But when I am out of the office is where my blackberry shines with being able to access my work email and the bolt browser is always helpful for finding info needed when in the middle of nowwhere.

05-15-09 09:52 PM
    I Work for Alltel. Doesn't need much explaining.

05-15-09 10:17 PM
    Car sales keeps me conected to them through phone,sms and email

05-16-09 09:19 AM
    I am a professional Snake Breeder (not a joke, that's why I have the user name Boaman), and most of my business is done online, I find it very useful to have a Blackberry as I can reply to any e-mails asking about my snakes right away. I am also in the process of opening a healthcare business, this will be a shop but I will also have a website so again the e-mail on mt BB will be very handy.

Regards

Chris

05-16-09 11:35 AM
    Boaman- that sounds really interesting...If i liked snakes i think it would be a fun thing to do...
    05-17-09 07:07 AM
    I just always wanted to be connected via msn, aim, icq. I used to live in another country, and it's funny to sit in class and get a message from someone who's 9 hours away.

Other than that, I sold my ipod and don't regret it over bbmp3 player at all.

I also like the fact that I can go online at any time, and receive all of my emails though messaging.

I guess to put it on a level of other replies, I got my blackberry because I want to receive instant emails from my professors when they cancel classes, hehe!
    05-17-09 10:34 PM
    I am a Repo Man.

I use my BB to keep in contact with my clients, take photos of debtor locations, and mostly, just for fun.

My boss doesn't pay for my phone, just my added Wi-Fi card on my laptop for work
    05-17-09 11:23 PM
625 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD