civil engineering
    02-16-09 01:52 PM
    I'm a college student/babysitter, haha.
    02-16-09 01:56 PM
    I'm an Assistant District Attorney. Personal BB, the State can't be bothered to pay us enough to cover student loans, let alone a BB!

I have every case document I generate on here, accessible with Docs2Go, and jury instructions, caselaw, and cheat-sheet outlines for pretty much everything I could run into in court.

I've used the camera to take pics of injuries, and Sprint Navigator to get to meetings.

All of the cops I work with the most have my number, and also the personal email address that goes to the phone. I'm reachable 24/7 if they need me.

I also sync my contacts and calendar, which has major case events for my caseload.

Internet-based criminal histories from the courtroom are nice too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do you handle public information requests?

I'm a network admin for a county in the Pacific NW. Right now we don't allow BB on the network or for official government business because of the open government headaches.
    02-16-09 02:00 PM
    Former full-time student/part time UNIX Sysadmin for the school. Currently looking for a full-time job.
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    Wow, what diversity! I'm on a company-supplied BES device working with clinical data for a large medical specialty association (cardiology). We are kinda "always-on" because we have offices on both US coasts and overseas, plus we work with researchers from various time zones who work bizarre hours at best, and we need to be in frequent contact with colleagues who may be traveling anywhere in the world at a given moment. I rely on the calendar, notes, tasks, dozens of round-the-clock emails, and a mobile version of our Customer Relations Management software to help keep track of projects and assign tasks to others.

02-16-09 02:40 PM
    Firefighter always on the go. And if I have got time at the staiton I do a lot of emails and keep up with family and friends

02-16-09 04:39 PM
    Detective. Invaluable. Can send suspect descriptions and photos to other investigators, receive departmental emails while away from desk, respond to time sensitive emails while on surveillance, GPS. I have even taken video/photos and sent them to our SWAT team before a raid. As a supervisor, I can respond to my investigators emails on case updates. In addition to departmental email, I have my undercover email and personal email. Calendar and contacts invaluable. GPS function is nice. After having it, you sort of take the blackberry for granted!

02-16-09 08:11 PM
    Cool....want a husky??? I'm about to get rid of mine(if I don't kill him first)...I can't take the destruction anymore!!!
    Haha. How old? Pin is above, give me a shout and ill help

02-16-09 08:39 PM
    Medical student. its the most important tool i own, have CT photos in the palm of your hand is amazing! i cant wait for more software to be available
    02-16-09 08:50 PM
    My job general dynamics provides a good bit of ppl with a bb but eww its a world which means no camera, but oh well we aren't supposed to have cameras there anyways its in the policy!

02-16-09 09:12 PM
    Gov't maintenance tech, custom home painter, movie poster seller online. I don't know how I would manage everything with out my blackberries.
    02-16-09 09:12 PM
    I am a domestic engineer with a part time job of self indulgence. J/K

I am a stay at home mom and only need a BB for entertainment. I do not have a land line telephone or a pc with an internet connection. So I use my BB for all purposes.

02-16-09 09:23 PM
    Haha. How old? Pin is above, give me a shout and ill help

He's 3...I pm'd ya
    02-16-09 09:23 PM
    I'm a district manager for a local newspaper. Since I have a rotating schedule that has me working from 1am -5 am, and then back to normal 8am - 5pm, I needed a phone that had e-mail capabilities. I get e-mails from my boss, customers, and the usual friends on a daily basis. Plus, I needed internet access on the go and the camera for delivery conformations. It pretty much does everything I need to while in the office and out.
    02-17-09 05:04 AM
    im a used car sales co-ordinator, personal BB but receive work emails on it, useful for when im away from the dealership...

also couldnt imagine going back to a "normal" phone
    02-17-09 05:41 AM
    intelligence officer, it does well in the field, also i can use it to quickly send short vids, pics and sound notes. brilliant. priceless for my line of work
    02-17-09 06:31 AM
    VP, Programs and Services for a non-profit. Company didn't buy the phone but pays partial monthly reimbursement toward cost.
    02-17-09 06:36 AM
    I work for a small independent telco provider (cable/broadband/phone). I am fortunate enough to just make the management level cut to get a BB.

I only wish Verizon had better handset choices. I JUST got the Curve 8330 about a month ago. Had an 8703e before that. If only AT&T had better coverage in middle Georgia! Then I would have more choices. Why is Verizon always last (except for Storm, but who cares) to get new devices?
    02-17-09 08:31 AM
    RIM Alliance Member.

BlackBerry handheld support, Server support, beta testing, training, consultation, blah blah blah blah.

Not at all as glorious as some of you may think it is.
    02-17-09 08:34 AM
    No sprint is last. lmao...Iam a Security Supervisor for 30 other folks and my BB is my link to all my bosses. It helps they all have one also so the BBM gets used alot...

I also do search and rescue but can find any apps for this line of work. I just need something to do a report on and then email it back to base...
    02-17-09 08:35 AM
    My BB does not help me with my work unfortunately. It does keep me in contact with the real world while I disappear into the abyss of forms and irate customers.
    02-17-09 08:38 AM
    RIM Alliance Member.

BlackBerry handheld support, Server support, beta testing, training, consultation, blah blah blah blah.

Not at all as glorious as some of you may think it is.
    Kewl...hook us up with a new beta for the storm!!
    02-17-09 09:01 AM
    I'm an ASL Interpreter and having a BB makes it much easier to communicate with Deaf clients. Plus having internet, music and videos in the palm of my hand is nice =)

02-17-09 04:15 PM
    The career where once I tell people I'm in it...I either get the look of cringe; or I literally hear an audible noise to accompany the sparkle that forms in their eyes.
    02-17-09 05:14 PM
    The career where once I tell people I'm in it...I either get the look of cringe; or I literally hear an audible noise to accompany the sparkle that forms in their eyes.
    Are you working PR for Obama? I am the general manager for a granite company. I pay for my devices.
    02-17-09 05:44 PM
625 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD