I'm a Registered Nurse. Although not required, I have several medical/nursing apps that I could not do without! A wealth of info in my pocket. So much faster than thumbing through a medical or drug book. I love my Curve!

MrsStraty
    02-14-09 10:13 PM
    Administrative Assistant in Higher Education.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:47 PM
    MrsStraty, what apps would those be? those would be useful for me also. if i could find an instrumentation app i would be one happy girl. thanks

I'm a Registered Nurse. Although not required, I have several medical/nursing apps that I could not do without! A wealth of info in my pocket. So much faster than thumbing through a medical or drug book. I love my Curve!

MrsStraty
    02-14-09 10:50 PM
    Pharmacy...it's great for looking up drug interactions.
    02-14-09 10:57 PM
    Domestic Engineer (Housewife). I use it to keep track of what I need to do. I check email while I am out. I use the ICQ and Yahoo because my husband is overseas and I do not want to miss his messages. It is also good to talk with friends while sitting in the waiting room waiting for my appointments. The calendar is great and since we homeschool it keeps track of all of our activities, appointments, and tasks. I would never give it up. BB is great for busy stay-at-home moms.
    02-14-09 11:03 PM
    Paralegal. its my personal phone but its invaluable in my career because I can have my medical dictionary and legal books with me at all times.

02-14-09 11:04 PM
    Social Services Director. I purchased my Bold; however, the company pays for the monthly service. So, if I ever decide to leave the company, the Bold comes with me. I find it to be invaluable due to constant emails combined with being away from my computer most of the day.
    02-14-09 11:22 PM
    Full time student!

02-14-09 11:27 PM
    "Entrepreneur at Large"

- Own a design/manufacturing/importing company.
    - Own a wholesale/distribution/marketing company.
    Last edited by uniquest; 02-15-09 at 12:14 AM.
    02-14-09 11:27 PM
    Well I work for verizon wireless supporting the BIG national accounts ....so what else would girl like me have? Lol

02-14-09 11:28 PM
    Manager at AT&T Mobility - I get a crap load of emails a day.
    02-14-09 11:35 PM
    Paramedic. Although I supplied my own BB, VZW gives a decent discount due to the employer, all of our scheduling is done via an online database and thru emails, plus all our protocols and updates are sent thru emails. Not to mention there are a lot of 3rd party apps pertaining to the career field that can help for those moments that leave you scratching yer head.
    02-14-09 11:57 PM
    OTR truck driver - I communicate with my fleet manager, road repair or anyone else via email, and often get things done a lot faster than over the phone or satellite terminal. Also very handy with Google Maps to get a satellite view of somewhere I'm going.I bought it because I wanted to, no corporate discount yet.

02-15-09 12:29 AM
    Webmaster/Systems Administrator for a newspaper web site.

They pay for it, but I still carry my own personal BB as well.
    02-15-09 03:08 AM
    Electronics/Machine control. Company supplied on a BES. I thought every one had a BB. How could you exist without one.
    02-15-09 05:53 AM
    Charge Nurse, Geriatric Psychiatry

I use my BB numerous times daily to look up medications and to check for interactions between different meds. Also, sometimes doctors use non-official abbreviations for diagnosis when admitting patients. Thank God for Google!

02-15-09 06:27 AM
    Sales but I own the BB and get partial reimbursement. I stay on BIS at my choice to retain full control.

02-15-09 07:16 AM
    City Government: I have to track citizen complaints / requests about every Public Works operation going on. Any BlackBerry would do, but the exceptional web browser for the Storm is a plus.
    02-15-09 10:53 AM
    Best Buy Mobile employee here. I'm on a concession line with Verizon. Everyone in my dept carries a smartphone of some kind and I didn't want to get left out

It's also helpful to show customers how awesome BBs really are. I love mine.

02-15-09 12:23 PM
    stock trading
    02-15-09 01:28 PM
    Insurance agent....I get a lot of emails and calls lol.

02-15-09 01:44 PM
    Supervisor of a Geek Squad Service Center. I use it more for personal though!
    02-15-09 01:46 PM
    I am a freelance audio/production engineer so my blackberry allows me to stay connected to my email, manage my schedule with the calendar, and view documents on the go.

I am also an online university student so I use it to tether with my laptop so I can do my school work while traveling.

02-15-09 02:33 PM
    Asst. Fire Chief.
    The department provides all chief officers with a cell phone or a phone allowance. I opt for the phone allowance so that I have my choice of device. The current issued phone is a Palm Treo and I would much rather have a BB. Tons of emails everyday, shift calendar access at all times, and dispatch notifications as well.
    02-15-09 02:34 PM
    I'm a happily married mom of 5 ages 15 down to 9 1/2 & I have my bb just cuz I wanna b a spoiled mommy!!

02-15-09 02:35 PM
625 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD