07-30-11 04:21 PM
29 12
tools
    I was wondering what all do you look for in a theme? the graphics? the icons? colors? certain features? kinda curious is all.. guys and gals can reply to this
    11-25-09 12:03 PM
    I'm all about the icons and banner. There are tons of themes everywhere, what makes each one unique is the creators dedication. Custom Icons and a nice banner usually provide nice and clean looking themes.
    11-25-09 12:16 PM
    Symmetry
    Simplicity
    No Lag

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:21 PM
    Symmetry
    Simplicity
    No Lag

AMEN

Took the words right out of my mouth! I no longer buy themes because some lag or just aren't good and its a waste of money.

I think the Dave Pro theme is the best by far.
    11-25-09 12:26 PM
    Functionality and appearance are my key requirements. KasiCatastrophe, ryaninfg, and Curve1967 have made my favorites, so far.

11-25-09 12:40 PM
    Functionality and features drive me. Layout must be good but I will pick my own wallpaper anyway so fancy home screens are not necessary.

I love a hidden bottom dock with calendar and message icons that display when rolled over. And a weather slot is necessary.

Many banners are fine. I use QuickLaunch so only a few icons on the home screen work very well for me.
    11-25-09 01:33 PM
    Clean appearance and functionality. I don't really want to see the theme, I want to see my wallpaper. On the apps screen, I prefer uniformly shaped icons.

11-25-09 01:37 PM
    I look for a very minimalistic type of homescreen: very thin top or bottom banner with ONLY the date & time. Then on the apps screen I like cool icons. Hate the standard ones that come with the device.

11-26-09 09:25 AM
    I look for like round icons. And the layout of where the icons are and their colors. Still haven't found one I truly like and I tried making my own but I'm not motivated enough to find out how to make certain things :/

11-26-09 10:44 AM
    No icons on the homescreen (blank theme). The 2 exceptions are themes
    CB member Kronk made for me based on the movies "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead"
    11-26-09 12:51 PM
    I must have the hidden today option for my calender and an icon for my profiles ... a great theme that I love is the Windows se7en theme by HedoneDesign
    11-26-09 03:57 PM
    I love the Bold or 8900 icons!! My favorite---that is what I look at when deciding on a theme----and color

11-26-09 04:49 PM
    Something girly, but not too pink and messy. Something clean and crisp, nothing pixelated or jagged or messy.

11-29-09 07:09 AM
    minimalistic/simplistic.
    11-29-09 08:29 AM
    Very simple wallpaper showing themes! A few great free ones posted here on CB!~
    11-29-09 08:47 AM
    Minimalistic/tabbed/no lag/clean/and 5.0 friendly...lol! Almost forgot aboot wallpaper friendly/weather slot or for some its cool if there ain't a slot!
    11-29-09 08:52 AM
    I'm new to themes, but I like continuity in the theme with the icons and the various screens. I like the ablility to have a lot stuff on my homepage even though I use QL. I just like it there. I also like really clean lines and a lot of contrast.
    12-03-09 07:55 AM
    Minimalistic, crisp and clear, customizable. Nice neat icons aren't bad either :P !
    12-08-09 05:59 PM
    I really look for the colors and custom icons...I can't stand the stock icons! Also, no today themes for me..don't really like them anymore..
    12-10-09 11:56 AM
    I prefer Today themes that are not hidden- need to have my calendar in view at all times to keep me on track. Also like using my own wallpaper and having icons that are easy to figure out! Absolutely hate lag and have dumped quite a few for this reason. Colors are good too!

12-13-09 01:19 AM
    has to look classy
    12-16-09 03:33 PM
    I'm oh so very picky when it comes to themes. I still can't find the PERFECT theme. My perfect theme would be like the ones dannieloco makes. Very professional looking. BUT!! I'd want it to be girly, pink/purple. Very classy and professional and have everything match. Very light with no lag. That would be my perfect theme
    02-01-10 09:56 PM
    Simplicity,
    no lagging,
    Quick keys,
    Versatility of icons
    02-05-10 01:45 PM
    Regular fonts, (no capital or any fancy fonts), some transitions perhaps, no memory lag, and the deal breaker; a theme has to have different icons from the stock ones; if not I can just change my wallpaper for that. A few themes out there, only have a different wallpaper on the home screen.
    04-14-10 03:12 PM
    I lust after any theme that features a big clock and weather. So I have on my 9700:
    Cipher SideBar Xtreme V1.0.3 WB
    Real_Hero_Bold_97
    I would recommend both of them, and both can be found on this site. Both themes can be used with wallpaper of your choice, and I am experiencing no lag with either of them. Yeah!!
    04-14-10 03:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD