02-27-09 01:24 AM
33 12
tools
    well for the av/firewall test that they have done in 2008 and this year lol panda come on top nod32 fell same with nortons and kaspersky is now another one cuz they site got hacked lol which looks bad on them
    02-25-09 10:01 PM
    well for the av/firewall test that they have done in 2008 and this year lol panda come on top nod32 fell same with nortons and kaspersky is now another one cuz they site got hacked lol which looks bad on them
    interesting, I googeled that about NOD and come up with nothing.. do you have resource to back your statement?
    02-26-09 06:21 AM
    Depends on what kind of user your girlfriend is. If you think she needs an antivirus (i.e. gets click happy on the internet and would open email attachments she probably shouldn't) I would try any of the recommendations so far. You could try not installing one if you think she could use her computer without getting into trouble. This is what I do. I do run an online antivirus from TrendMicro maybe twice a year, but I do not have one installed on my computer and have never had a virus that I know of.
    02-26-09 08:38 AM
    interesting, I googeled that about NOD and come up with nothing.. do you have resource to back your statement?
    yea just look or google for the virus test sites i cant rem what one link... also if u google ESET software reviews it fails same with nortons/kaspersky/bitdefender/and yet all them say panda is on top and always gets high rating and that will never change cuz i have been with panda for years so pretty good security pack

----------------
    Listening to: Disturbed - Droppin' Plates
    02-26-09 10:55 AM
    I'm using AVG 8.0 Free Edition. It's amazing!! Automatically scans for spyware, viruses, malware and rootkeys. Free updated forever!! Either that or at my work we use McAfee Internet Security Suite. Both are excellent programs. Highly recommended!!
    02-26-09 12:51 PM
    I've used most complete systems,seperates and freeware

At the momment nod32 and kaspersky seem to be the favourites, I found Kasperky the easier to use for joe public but everyone has thier own style

Norton has to give it away free with new p.c.s because after the 1st years use they hope for renewal business..I suspect they do not get as much as they would like, when I last used norton there was an issues with a downloader trojan that when tracked back actually had come from Norton..then live help wanted $64 and remote access to remove it..never used them again

For the less able a complete package makes sense but do not go overboard with the add ons afterwards such as spybot, reever uninstaller etc etc unless you disable the start up part of those programmes in msconfig other wise it will take till sunday to start up and run

I have used freeware before but a word of caution..not all of those places offering freeware to your p.c. are genuine and seek to pop in a little extra.. some good freeware sites are cnet.com and select downloads or another like major geeks.com.

Also many of the freeware companies have the ability to download direct from them

avg 8 anti virus, zone alarm firewall, spybot, etc etc

There are plenty out there and there are plenty free just make sure you are okay on how it works as sometimes like nokia vs blackberry, some are easier to understand
    Last edited by just txt and calls mam; 02-26-09 at 02:58 PM.
    02-26-09 02:55 PM
    yea just look or google for the virus test sites i cant rem what one link... also if u google ESET software reviews it fails same with nortons/kaspersky/bitdefender/and yet all them say panda is on top and always gets high rating and that will never change cuz i have been with panda for years so pretty good security pack

----------------
    Listening to: Disturbed - Droppin' Plates

AntiVirus Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

it does come in 5th norton comes nowhere near any of the top 5.... its all good.. i'm happy with NOD, to each is there own....
    02-26-09 04:56 PM
    I use what you use that's so silly wow what a small world, sometimes I use instead of
    Avg I use antivir when I'm re-formatting my pc but ya I use what you listed hahaha

Kaspersky internet security suite is by far the best.. No question. But I use a series of programs on my pc.. Avg antivirus, sygate personal firewall, tuneup utilities 2009, and spybot search and destroy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 01:24 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD