06-02-14 11:22 PM
52 123
tools
    Lol I wouldn't be able to pay my bills till I'm 22 years old? So that means I shouldn't have a smartphone till then? That generic answer is so terrible in my opinion. However, no disrespect to you, I just think that if someone wants to go to university (college) and get a master's degree, they'll be focussing on their academics and not on a part-time job, hence they are unable to pay for liabilities till quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    No disrespect taken. I believe it's a generation thing. A cell phone is a luxury, in my view, not a necessity. If i wanted a car, a phone, and go to college, I had to find a way to pay for it all. It's how things worked. I wasn't entitled to anything pass the age of 18. *shrug*...

~Z10 Baby~
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    05-30-14 11:58 AM
    I had my first phone in 2nd grade. I shared it with my brother for emergencies only. It was one of my Mom's old Motorola flip phones.

3rd grade rolls around and my Mom is using a new Motorola RAZR flip phone. I wanted one so bad I saved up the $155 dollars to buy one! My cell phone plan was probably incredibly cheap because I was in 3rd grade and had nobody to talk to. Lol.

I had that phone for a looong time. I'm very responsible with expensive things, especially when I'm not the one paying for it. When 5th grade rolled around, it still looked like new.

I then got a blue Motorola KRZR. That phone was great and was just as good as my RAZR!

6th grade, the iPhone 3G is unveiled. I would salivate at the sight of that phone. My parents told me that if I got good grades all year, they would get me one for my birthday. I got it near the end of the year!

Eventually I got sick of playing Pocket God and using my Soda Machine application, so I went back to my Motorola KRZR... that's right. I ditched my iPhone for a flip phone. And my Mom had just purchased a new BlackBerry 9700. I was immediately drawn in by the clicky keyboard and flashing red light. My parents were already planning on getting a new phone for my brother, so they let me give him my iPhone and I got a BlackBerry 8900. It was my first and favorite BlackBerry of all time!

I was then hooked on BlackBerry. When my 8900 stopped charging, my parents got me a Torch 9800. After I lost it in the snow (first phone I've ever lost, it was later recovered by an elementary school student and survived the two weeks in the snow - that thing was a brick!), I got a 9900 when I was a freshman in high school. I kept that until late June 2013 when I got my Q10 as a sophomore/going on junior in high school (16 years old).

So, I think that a child's behavior and grades should determine if they are worthy to have a smartphone. If they have respect for the gadgets and other things their parents buy for them, than they should receive the rewards.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 06-02-14 at 11:38 PM.
    06-02-14 11:22 PM
52 123