03-23-09 10:13 PM
57 123
tools
    I was just curious to see how much abuse a BB can take. I know mine has been through alot. For example, my 2 year old likes to take my BB and run because she wants my attention instead of me giving it to my BB. And when I try to get it from her she throws it so it has bounced off the concrete floor ,the carpet, down the stairs, been buried in the cat box and hidden under the couch. And it is doing well, no scratches, just one little red dot in the screen ( do not know what that is) thanks to blown air and cleaning. I have asked Santa to bring me a gel cover for it so hopefully he listened
    12-19-08 09:32 AM
    - fell on the ground several times and still does
    in my car, at home, from my bed, at work, you name it...
    - slided down a whole isle in an exhibition center luckily avoided by everybody. I actualy liked that one time, people thought a handgranate was launched. A black thing shoot by on the red carpet....
    - left it outside for a whole night in my backgarden. It rained that night but luckily it was in my briefcase and the only thing that survived.

Realizing that my BB must have a lot of lives...
    Truly affraid though of letting it fall in the water or toilet
    12-19-08 12:48 PM
    fell under a lawn mower and is still kicking strong,
    12-19-08 03:12 PM
    *giving this thread a boost* ...c'mon you CrackBerrians!!!
    12-20-08 01:21 PM
    well mine survived being thrown across a parking lot when my purse was being stolen
    12-20-08 02:34 PM
    Check out the thread 'flip in the toilet'

A drunk guy dropped his in the toilet and put it in the oven and next day it worked fine. haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 03:33 PM
    So far it's survived a few drops and I've fallen asleep on it a few times.
    12-20-08 04:52 PM
    Actually I've been very careful with my BB. Only dropped it once. From a low distance. It wasn't hurt at all.
    12-20-08 05:06 PM
    I try to be careful, but every time I put it down, even for a second, my 3 year old sister picks it up and pretends to type with it. When I start chasing after her, she throws it across the room and it always seems to land on a hardwood floor. Other than that I've dropped it countless times, but in the end it always works. Its truly amazing how durable this thing is.

12-20-08 05:26 PM
    Dropped thousands of times, rained on, water poured on it, both my kids trying to slobber and eat it. Dropped kicked, its gone through alot, Still working but having keyboard problems.
    12-20-08 07:54 PM
    The words ABUSE and BLACKBERRY should NEVER be used in the same sentence!!!
    12-21-08 04:08 AM
    Few drops here and there, but nothing to major. Thank goodness. Knocking on wood as I type this
    12-21-08 04:11 AM
    No major abuse here....I have fallen asleep on it once or twice & have had it slide across my dash several times..but...not much more than that...thank goodness!
    12-21-08 02:37 PM
    Dropped mine in a spit cup today wiped it off and it works like a dream.
    12-21-08 02:40 PM
    The words ABUSE and BLACKBERRY should NEVER be used in the same sentence!!!
    You are absolutely right.
    Abuse is a word that you shouldn't use in all cases.
    Especially not in one sentence with the word BlackBerry.
    12-22-08 03:23 AM
    I am an absolute nut with my blackberry I have dropped it only twice both times on carpet. So I am doing good so far. "Knock knock!!"

12-22-08 04:14 AM
    My blackberry has taken no abuse. My first blackberry went through **** and back and worked amazingly. This blackberry has a screen protector, hard plastic all around body case and is always in my pocket or on my belt clip on my side. I baby my phone and I don't allow anything to happen to it hahah.
    12-22-08 01:28 PM
    Ok, so maybe I should have said how tuff is your BB.

12-22-08 06:38 PM
    It felt out of my pocket at work once, and the battery came out. Works fine but has two small scratches
    12-29-08 11:01 PM
    Allright I'm 13 and I found my 8800 in a museum so it doesn't matter as much as if I bought it but it was dragged by my headfones for 2 miles while I was on my bike,ran over by a car, I threq it at my friend and the trackball fell out,I missed my other friend and half the keyboard is missing,so are the side plates but now I have a bold 3 months no scratch woot!!

01-02-09 11:40 PM
    me and our 15 year oldboth have 8310's. i've dropped mine a few times of course but all is well. daughter on the other hand, got hers wet on the beach in hawaii. thought it was a goner but six months l8r, fired it up and it's smooth sailing so far. wierd.
    01-12-09 06:45 PM
    I Drop It All The Time!!!

Poor Berry
    01-13-09 12:52 PM
    Last storm I had, with all the mess up I had, I went to a Verizon store and threw at the tech guy. Sorry Bro but you pissed me off with the wrong answer. This new one, it hasn't gotten any abuse.

32/m/NJ and wanting to make new friends.

pin: 30569658
    twitter.com/geeanywhere
    01-24-09 04:15 AM
    My Curve was always in a leather belt pouch, one day it fell off my belt in the driveway at work. Went back the next morning and it was sitting on the boss's desk. He said one of the delivery trucks (I work at a lumber treatment plant and therefore delivery trucks are 18 wheelers) ran over it. I couldnt believe it when I pulled it out of the pouch (which was completely destroyed) and there was only a tiny little crack in the battery cover. That is one solid phone if you ask me.
    01-24-09 02:54 PM
    Dropped mine in a cup of water. Let it air out for a couple hours and it still works fine. Other than that, a few drops here and there. Always have the case and invisible shield on it though.
    01-26-09 04:14 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD