Well due to our wonderful economy, my wife getting her hours cut at work, and things going on at my work, we have to redo our family budget and data/tethering is not part of the 2009 budget.

I will be activating another phone tomorrow, so I hope I can return to a BB soon. It will be strange to not have a BB or to visit Crackberry as often as I do now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 03:06 PM
    Well due to our wonderful economy, my wife getting her hours cut at work, and things going on at my work, we have to redo our family budget and data/tethering is not part of the 2009 budget.

I will be activating another phone tomorrow, so I hope I can return to a BB soon. It will be strange to not have a BB or to visit Crackberry as often as I do now.

They won't allow you to use a Berry without a data package?!?! WTF?!??! Oh well Tmobile will allow you to.... ......

04-09-09 03:15 PM
    Join me on O2 PAYG for about £10/month. I have unlimited web bolt-on and I'm using third party apps such as Opera on my BlackBerry

O2's version of unlimited means they send you sms warnings if you go over 200mb but that's more than most BlackBerry users go through

T-Mobile works similarly but think that's about £20/month.
    If O2 is too much then I'm sorry. I hope next year works better for you!

P.S. ASDA will give you the cheapest web access, maybe £5/month, but they will block Opera on a BlackBerry because they are stupid

Last edited by flop; 04-10-09 at 07:03 PM.
    04-10-09 02:18 PM
    That's unfortunate to hear; at least you have your priorities in order with regards to this.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your BB and all its glory back sooner than you know; g'luck.

04-10-09 03:25 PM
    hey ok4 - sorry to hear about this-but like swoopster said-at least you do have your priorities lined up....hopefully things will go well for you soon and you'll be back. I wish you the best of luck
    04-10-09 04:52 PM
    That sucks. I am sure things will turn around for you all. And you don't have to have your BB to come by once and awhile and visit.

We will see you soon.
    04-10-09 06:25 PM
    no verizon is getting rly stricted bout u must have data with any smartphone
    04-11-09 01:20 AM
    Hey ok4a56, sorry to hear of your rough times. You'll be missed in the nascar thread for sure. I hope things get back on track for you soon. Take care of you and yours.
    04-11-09 01:58 AM
    ok4a56: like others have mentioned, itís good to see your priorities are in order. I commend you as too many do not which is a sizable reason causing this economic mess. You sir, have my respect and my hope things turn positive quickly for you/yours.
    04-11-09 07:16 AM
    Best of fate good sir. They'll be a fresh cup of coffee and warm seat waiting for your return. Take care.
    04-11-09 02:07 PM
    Ah I had to go with out my BB for cost effectiveness for a few months too. Hopefully things will brighten and you'll be able to come back soon.

04-11-09 02:16 PM
    Sorry to hear about this ok4. If things don't start improving for our economy soon, more and more people will have to start making sacrifices like this. Myself included.

I hope you will be back sooner rather than later and that your circumstances improve greatly.

Take good care of you and yours.

04-11-09 02:24 PM
    Thanks all for the kind words.

I felt like a lost child with no friends today, not having my BB. I think I will continue to vist CB to get my BB fix LoL.
    04-11-09 03:23 PM
    Thanks all for the kind words.

I felt like a lost child with no friends today, not having my BB. I think I will continue to vist CB to get my BB fix LoL.
    I don't think anyone here will run you out on a rail if you continue to visit/post here at CB.

I think you should stay.

04-11-09 03:26 PM
    Well I figured a way to keep my Blackberry. Seeing how I very seldom my family and I watch tv, I sat down and figured up $60 a month of Cable TV add ons that we could go without. So over the weekend, I went ahead and got rid of the service I don't ever use, and it made it possible to activate the BB again.

I am like a kid on xmas day.
    04-13-09 05:45 PM
    Yayyyyy! I am so happy for you ok4a56! I know it would suck if I had to go BB'less, so I am genuinely happy that you figured out a way to keep yours activated!

04-13-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD