my parents always fight, it was worse when i was little, my dad would always drink, and flip out on my mom, they would fight alot, my dad would compalin about how my mom always wasted money, but yet my dad wasted so much money on beer and smokes. When i was in highschool i finally had enough of it, i fliped out on him and my mom and pretty much told my dad he needs to stop drinking and needs to start taking care of his family or else we will all leave, he finally grew up, but i know were you coming from kasi, i still remember when i was a kid laying in bed at night listening to my dad scream and yell at my mom

Been there, and I never want my kids to feel what thats like.
    08-07-09 07:16 AM
    G_d willing, you will all learn this very hard lesson, raise your children with your partner in unison and keep the fights to yourselves. And yes, I went through the same, and have as a parent been guilty of some myself. Self control, in the depths of marriage, can be a difficult thing to keep a handle on. Emotions can run high, and drugs, alcohol, anxiety etc will come into play for almost everyone at points in their lives.
    The other side of the coin is, that the occasional fight is normal. It teaches them that while you may vehemently disagree with someone you, you can still love and respect them too. That also is an important lesson to learn.

The Keeper of the Beak of the Pouch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:38 AM
    yes, i will never do the things my father did, lookin back at it i know i wouldnt want my kids to be scared everytime their father comes home from work or the bar, yes their will be fighting but no marriage/family is perfect
    08-07-09 07:55 AM
    I am doing ok
    P!nkalink
    How are you? I hope you get good numbers. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Give us the update when you know!

hi Raven I'm glad your doing good

I will update here when I get my numbers keep crossing those little birdie feet of yours! Lol

Heck yeah I was the one with the American flag, and if you've yet to watch this classic, get your booty to a Blockbuster ASAP.

I fig'd that one would be you no surpize there Pop ! But, I don't recall if I've seen that one.
    Yay! Sheli played a youtube video.

woo hoo YAY me! Lol
    Hiya Shelli! Geesh! That lab is taking forever. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

That full moon was so beautiful last night. I was on the phone with a far away friend...it looked pink to them, but it was bright white here. Amazing that we were looking at the same beauty in the sky.
    thanks Carol! Hopefully they'll call me today with results!

The full moon was awesome-here by us it looked kinda yellow-orangey! But wow, powerful for sure! I love full moons
    Just trying to chill Princess. I can't believe the doctor is stringing you out like this. Darn him/her!

she and its because the other doc is out so my doc is doing her work plus his this week. So I understand, but I would still like to know where I stand!

08-07-09 08:15 AM
    Good morning Princess Pink!

08-07-09 08:57 AM

08-07-09 09:04 AM
    and the results are in................drum roll please <insert drum roll here>LOL

My a1c went from 7.6 DOWN to 6.6!!!!! Yay me. Best reading is betwn 6-7 so I'm right on point! I'm very pleased!

Hello again Pop !

08-07-09 12:11 PM
    Hmmmmm? I felt a presence, or did I?

08-07-09 12:25 PM
    Most of the time my car is there so he thinks im there and dont stop haha. Or I just tell him I was with one of my friends that lives out of town haha. I wouldnt I'd be like yeah we bumped ugly's deal with it! hahaahha. OMFG I have a funny storys to tell you sometime. I'm not gonna tell you on here tho lol.
    Yeah! LMAO! There are right many things I won't share here as well! I will look forward to hearing it! And I didn't talk about "bumping uglies" LOL to my dad until after my second child was born. Go figure!

08-07-09 12:35 PM
    I'm good. Wide awake, but good.
    It was a few months after I turned 18. Birthday is in November and I moved out in April. I do try to visit but sometimes I can't motivate myself to. I mean, I pretty much moved out to get away from them so it's hard to convince myself to visit. I do spend as much time with my sister as I can though.

I don't mind you asking. My parents fought a lot; sometimes to very bad extremes. They were pretty much the type of couple that never should have gotten married in the first place. I spent my entire childhood watching them argue, fight, try to turn us against the other, etc. Neither one of them wanted to divorce though because of us kids. After Jaime (my older sister) passed it got a lot worse. I finally couldn't take it anymore so as soon as I was 18 and senior year was almost over I left.

I don't even think my parents saw it coming. I didn't pack my **** or anything; I just stopped coming home. I'd go home after school, grab clothes for the next day and spend the night at my fiance's. I did go home on the weekends so Brittany wouldn't be alone with them though. The weekend before graduation was the last time I slept at my parent's house. I packed up all my stuff that weekend and have been here since.

My dad finally came to his senses a year later and filed for divorce. My parents don't even see each other anymore but it is still the same **** as when I was growing up. I visit one and all they do is talk bad about the other to me.

I think what happened growing up is a big part of some of the issues I had as a teenager. Since I've been out of that environment I haven't had any of the problems I faced back then.
    Dang Kasi! My parents fought like that too. I remember laying in bed when I was way little wishing they would get a divorce. Seriously. LOL! They fought every time one of them opened thier mouth.

I am sorry to hear about your sister. I had no idea. That can definately make it worse on a marriage as well if the couple doesn't figure out how to handle it correctly. I lost a child so I understand what it can do. It is hard for all involved.

Like the rest of us here though you seem to have used all the experiences to better yourself. It is hard to do that too. I regret none of mine either. I may be a little rough around the edges but it is part of who I am. Same as you.

You did good with what you had Kasi. I hope you are proud of that.

08-07-09 12:44 PM
    Is it ever possible, to stay up late enough on a week night, that I don't have a novels worth of posts still to read?
    No. LOL! Probably not! Night is always more fun!

08-07-09 12:53 PM
    Yay! The video worked for my curve today.

Kanga, Shilah and Kasi, after reading posts from 2:30 onwards, its no wonder I like all of ya.

Awwww Thanks Lsg! I like you too! LOL!

08-07-09 12:58 PM
    Well Wolfie, I've noticed that the pouch seems to die at 2AM until late afternoon.

TBL never really dies during the week...

Shut up Jef with one F! LMAO! The Pouch does just fine!

How are you?

08-07-09 01:03 PM
    wow, sounded like high school time period sucked for everyone, the worst part of my life was my last 3 years of high school
    It seems to be the status quo for sure. LOL! It's all the hormones! They make everyone ! I am sorry to hear that though. it is a rough time.

08-07-09 01:13 PM
    my parents always fight, it was worse when i was little, my dad would always drink, and flip out on my mom, they would fight alot, my dad would compalin about how my mom always wasted money, but yet my dad wasted so much money on beer and smokes. When i was in highschool i finally had enough of it, i fliped out on him and my mom and pretty much told my dad he needs to stop drinking and needs to start taking care of his family or else we will all leave, he finally grew up, but i know were you coming from kasi, i still remember when i was a kid laying in bed at night listening to my dad scream and yell at my mom
    Damn Chad. I had the alcoholic dad too. That was why mine always fought. I remember being 6 or 7 and my dad being drunk knocking on the windows to get my mom to let him back in the house. A sad thing indeed when children are too young to understand. He didn't grow up until we were grown and gone though. And he and my mom are still together and go for weeks on end without talking. Go figure. I am glad all worked out for you.

08-07-09 01:21 PM
    and the results are in................drum roll please <insert drum roll here>LOL

My a1c went from 7.6 DOWN to 6.6!!!!! Yay me. Best reading is betwn 6-7 so I'm right on point! I'm very pleased!

Hello again Pop !

I already told you but will again! Yay
    P!nkalink! LOL! I am super happy for you!!

08-07-09 01:24 PM
    Hmmmmm? I felt a presence, or did I?

What? Where? LOL! Quit talking about me!

08-07-09 01:30 PM
    Here's Knaga in here talking to herself Lol. And I thought I was different
    08-07-09 01:33 PM
    Here's Knaga in here talking to herself Lol. And I thought I was different
    I am catching up LOL! And yes. I do occassionally talk to myself. Something wrong with that?? How are you today BS?

08-07-09 01:40 PM
    I am catching up LOL! And yes. I do occassionally talk to myself. Something wrong with that?? How are you today BS?

Not bad, decided to get some groceries since my parents have decided not to do that anymore Got some wierd marks on my arm near where I got the needle, I'll just ignore it til it goes away... Other than that What are you up to?
    08-07-09 02:29 PM
    Not bad, decided to get some groceries since my parents have decided not to do that anymore Got some wierd marks on my arm near where I got the needle, I'll just ignore it til it goes away... Other than that What are you up to?
    LOL! They aren't going to feed you anymore? That's weird. But you gotta eat so I am glad you know how to shop! LOL!

You should not have strange marks BS! WTF are you talking about? LOL! Should just be one mark?!? I am well. Just waiting to play barber and give the dog a mani pedi that should have been done a week ago! I just can't seem to get a move on! LOL! What are you planning for trouble tonight? LOL!

08-07-09 04:18 PM

08-07-09 05:13 PM
    I already told you but will again! Yay
    P!nkalink! LOL! I am super happy for you!!

awww schucks....thanks Raven I'm super happy too!

08-07-09 05:53 PM

Hello again Pop !

Woot! Woot! Way to Go!
    08-07-09 06:05 PM
    Good evening Carol. How'd your work week end?

08-07-09 06:35 PM
13,138 ... 250251252253254 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD