I have 2 cats, ages 8 and 3. I found out when my 8 year old was about 2 that he loved to eat Cheez-its (you know, the cracker?). He wouldn't eat them if i gave one to him, he had to fish his own out of the box and he would munch it down. He's always been pretty adventurous with food. He also likes french fries, potato chips, pasta sauce, cheese, egg, ice cream and milk.

I just found out my 3 year old likes beef jerky. He's not normally interested in people food. He likes the occasional lap of milk and he tries a lot of stuff but for the majority he sticks to his food.

I had a dog who ate crayons and chalk (both obviously non-toxic) and she also ate cat doodie out of the litter box (this was before I was born and I know, it is REALLY REALLY gross but it fits the theme).

My parent's cat will eat anything you put in front of him. He's a bottomless pit and he's been known to eat chocolate chip cookies (he was captured before he could finish it).

I was just wondering if anyone has stories like this to share.

(One last note, please do not tell me what is healthy and not healthy for my cats. When I say he likes fries, I don't go to McDonald's and buy him a small fry. He gets one or two and it's on VERY rare occasions. My vet knows what I feed my cats and they're very healthy.)
    10-19-08 09:01 PM
    Ok--I laughed out loud when I read "cat doodie" haha

I had a poodle that used to eat my instant oatmeal.

My cat loves yogurt--but only vanilla.
    10-19-08 09:05 PM
    Ok--I laughed out loud when I read "cat doodie" haha

I had a poodle that used to eat my instant oatmeal.

My cat loves yogurt--but only vanilla.
    I originally had p-o-o-p in there and they censored it so I thought I'd say something off the wall...

One of mine likes yogurt (any kind) but I can't remember which one, probably my older one.
    10-19-08 09:34 PM
    My cat LOVES olives. Green or black it doesn't mater. He gets this crazed look in his eyes and pounces on them! Its like cat nip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 09:48 PM
    my dog ate a whole bunch of stuff over time including dryer sheets, rubber bands, a large piece of plastic that i still have no idea what it is. anyways, all these things were removed from his stomache with a 2000 dollar surgery that saved his life. he's a bull terrier. crazy *******!
    10-19-08 09:51 PM
    I know of a dog that died after eating underpants belonging to the owner despite a few grand in vet bills.

10-19-08 10:01 PM
    My cat's fav as of late is field mice. Ever since they cut the beans here the mice have been coming to the barn and she loves them.

10-19-08 10:15 PM
    My cat alice eats anything and everything. When we sit down to dinner, she begs and occasionally jumps up on the table and does a drive by, stealing anything she can. J*rk.

10-19-08 10:26 PM
    occasionally jumps up on the table and does a drive by.

ROFL!!!! That is soooo funny!!!
    10-19-08 11:04 PM
    Blue; cats tend to be the bane of my existence...must be the alpha-male inferiority complex they sense in my presence. However, I digress.

Blue, the question I wanted to add to this discussion is this...do your cats eat mice skewered over an open flame? And do your cats p*ss out butane? :-D I bet they do.

10-19-08 11:27 PM
    Very funny... My cats play with fake mice. They do not p!ss butane, however, cat urine glows under a blacklight. Did you know this?

10-20-08 12:35 AM
    It's not so much what my dog will eat -- which is everything, but what she rolls in! It seems the stinkier it is the better. And when you live in the country, there is no end to the smells . She now knows just from the way we run from her that she needs to head to the tub for another bath. Here she is looking for my blackberry -- and something to roll in.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-20-08 at 09:11 AM.
    10-20-08 01:03 AM
    my bulldog has eaten an entire roll of black hockey tape and has taken off the entire grip of a screw driver...lol
    10-20-08 07:14 AM
    My 8 month old Shi Tzu loves wood. She will find a pencil and destroy it. She chews the corners of my coffee and end tables too. Any type of paper!! She loves bacon, chips, cookies, and fruit loops.

10-20-08 07:27 AM
    My dog baxter ate an entire wheel of cheese, I wasn't even mad, I was actually quite impressed...

10-20-08 08:03 AM
    MoJo loves grapes and onions.

10-20-08 08:31 AM
    MoJo loves grapes and onions.

Awww. MoJo is too cute.
    10-20-08 08:34 AM
    My dog baxter ate an entire wheel of cheese, I wasn't even mad, I was actually quite impressed...

Lmao!!!!!

10-20-08 08:52 AM
    Kobe (1 year old Yorkie) Loves Apples & Crackers. He also like Spanish Yellow Rice but I don't want to feed him that stuff. Once awhile as a treat. (1 a month)

Last edited by Msmari; 10-20-08 at 09:12 AM.
    10-20-08 09:06 AM
    My cat LOVES olives. Green or black it doesn't mater. He gets this crazed look in his eyes and pounces on them! Its like cat nip.
    Might have to try that with our two cats... My fiancee and I have a 1 yr old and a 7 yr old. The 1 yr old will eat almost anything, especially bugs! We occasionally will get a beetle or spider in the house and she loves to chase them down and eat them!
    10-20-08 10:37 AM
    Before my divorce, my wife and I had a cat that came walking in the room with a string hanging out of her mouth, we reached out to take it away from her and it just kept coming and coming and coming.... She had swallowed almost a whole spool of thread!
    10-20-08 10:40 AM
    I live in the boonies and have a cow pasture on the other side of our driveway --- with 3 dogs, shall I say more? <gasp>

10-20-08 09:49 PM
    Greenbeans
    BBQ corn chips
    String cheese

10-20-08 09:52 PM
    I have guinea pigs and over the years I've seen them eat bird seed (they love it), banana peels, bread, corn cobs (just around the cob), rice, Cheetoo's, leaves and once when my dad was mining some dogs for someone, I saw one either sniff or eat some dog food.

My dad also grows vegies and puts up fences about a bodylength and a half long and it's funny too see some of the guinea pigs trying to climb over, only a few successfully though but once they're over it's buffet time!

10-21-08 05:12 AM
    I forgot that my 8 year old has eaten a small wicker basket(while teething) and he LOVES thin ribbon.

10-21-08 08:54 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD