So I volunteered to get a business my mom is starting a website. I am researching the different hosting services and what thye have to offer and want some other opinions. I need the site to be set up fairly easily ( never done it before, but am computer literate and catch on pretty quick) and have the ability to sell from in the future, along with being a good value. I had narrowed it down to Host Monster and POWWEB, being that i know people who use powweb and their only complaint is the slowness. Hostmonster, being the one I researched and like what I saw in comparison to others. I also want to know if i should expect to design the website through the hosting service or design it with a stand alone program ( frontpage, publisher etc..)

So, anyone have any opinions or experience to share? Thanks
    09-18-08 10:18 PM
    So I volunteered to get a business my mom is starting a website. I am researching the different hosting services and what thye have to offer and want some other opinions. I need the site to be set up fairly easily ( never done it before, but am computer literate and catch on pretty quick) and have the ability to sell from in the future, along with being a good value. I had narrowed it down to Host Monster and POWWEB, being that i know people who use powweb and their only complaint is the slowness. Hostmonster, being the one I researched and like what I saw in comparison to others. I also want to know if i should expect to design the website through the hosting service or design it with a stand alone program ( frontpage, publisher etc..)

So, anyone have any opinions or experience to share? Thanks

If you want it to look professional, just pay someone to build a page for you. If you want to save a buck do it yourself. I would suggest craigslist.com and look in your area under the "creative services" section. There should be people doing web design in there for pretty cheap. Out here in the dc area I see designers doing pages for as low as a 150 bucks and as high as 500. It all depends on your budget. BTW hostmonster is a good choice because I am going to be doing a website myself and they are by far the best deal I have ever seen.
    09-19-08 06:21 AM
    I own a company that specializes in webdesign and when I work with my clients I usually use omnis.com or godadday. Go daddy is very user friendly when it comes to FTTP transfers and omnis is for the hardcore creator. Take a look at both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 07:01 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    09-19-08 07:59 AM
    I use smileglobal.
    09-19-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD