1. T
    Just so you people all know, it's -77F (-61C) with a windchill temperature of -110F (-79C) in Antarctica today.

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/NZSP.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 05:33 PM
    WOAH...I remember growing up in Chicago one year..during the winter, the windchill one day hit -75F. Needless to say....it was BRUTAL.
    08-03-11 05:53 PM
  3. T
    WOAH...I remember growing up in Chicago one year..during the winter, the windchill one day hit -75F. Needless to say....it was BRUTAL.
    That sounds pretty cold for Chicago. When I think coldest places in the world (besides Antarctica), I think Siberia, Mongolia, ND & MN USA, and Canada's prairie provinces. Winnipeg and Calgary are very cold cities during the winter months. But check out Mongolia's temps during winter in the Northern Hemisphere. It's capital city is ridiculously cold.

08-03-11 06:22 PM
    Just so you people all know, it's -77F (-61C) with a windchill temperature of -110F (-79C) in Antarctica today.

There is a great potential for shrinkage.
    08-04-11 08:53 AM
    Or freezing and breaking a la Terminator 2.
    08-04-11 01:13 PM
  6. T
    Current weather conditions at the South Pole, Antarctica:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/NZSP.html

08-27-11 11:06 AM
    You need to wear layers in temperatures like that. Probably a scarf too. Normally I don't wear scarfs but if its cold enough than it's justified.
    08-28-11 06:11 AM
  8. T
    See, it's winter down there right now. Just because it's hot where we are, and there are insects and stuff like that, doesn't mean it's not cold somewhere else. It has to do with which way the earth is tilted on its access at any given point in its orbit around the sun. Right now (August) the northern hemisphere (us) is tilted a bit toward the sun. Therefore, it's summer for us. But the south is tilted away from the sun. That equals winter for down there, and it can get pretty darn cold. But what I'm wondering is what the most popular carrier is in Antarctica, and would my world phone work there ....

08-28-11 07:33 AM
    I'd expect to find Big Blue in the coldest regions. It's not a monopoly though, as Virgin Penguin still operates a small, but dedicated can/string line.
    08-31-11 12:14 AM
    Holy ****zit. That's FR FR FR FREEEEZING!!!!

08-31-11 01:48 AM
    Perfect tempuratures out there in Antarctica! Sure sounds better than 100+ degree weather.

08-31-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD