I am thinking about getting myself a smart watch. I was thinking about two options:

1) a sim-enabled standalone device that could replace personal cell (rarely text, rarely call).

2) an apple watch 2 to pair with my work cell (iPhone 6s).

Any one have thoughts or opinions on this topic?

 Z30 | STA100-5 | 10.3.3.2049 & iPhone 6s
    12-08-16 08:07 PM
    The Apple gets very good reviews and does look stylish. The Apple gets very good reviews and does look stylish.

The Samsung Gear3 is probably the most feature rich Android watch. It comes in two different styles. But it's huge and unless you have big wrists it will look odd (just my opinion). Highlights | Samsung Gear S3 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site

The LG Urbane 2 is another nice Android watch and a bit smaller than the Gear3. LG Smart Watches: Powerful Wearable Technology | LG USA

the Huawei Watch is another highly rated smartwatch that gets great reviews. It is compatible with both iOS and Android. It's a bit smaller in size and is also very good looking. The HUAWEI Watch | HUAWEI Android Wearables

Those would be my choices.
    12-09-16 12:07 PM
    12-09-16 12:17 PM
    Awesome!! Thanks!!

 Z30 | STA100-5 | 10.3.3.2049 & iPhone 6s
    12-09-16 02:06 PM
    I'm using a Sony smartwatch 2 with my dtek50 . It's a great watch and works fine with the phone. A work colleague has one of the Apple watches which he can also talk into and claims it's great to use and easy on the battery using the Bluetooth all day. My watch is also easy with the dtek50 battery on Bluetooth . The smart watches just seem to be getting better and more people appear to be using them.
    12-10-16 01:08 AM
    I agree they are getting better and more people are using them. However, the manufacturers are taking a different view. Several have put off bringing out new ones until the battery size (that can last more than a couple of days) is reduced. They are packing so much into a little screen it's hard for them to add much more than they have right now. Samsung and Apple are the only two that seem willing to put out a new one ever year because they have other sources that can cover up the low market demand.

That being said I love having notifications at a glance without pulling out my phone. And now the smartwatches are to the point you can go without your phone altogether.
    12-10-16 07:41 AM
    I agree they are getting better and more people are using them. However, the manufacturers are taking a different view. Several have put off bringing out new ones until the battery size (that can last more than a couple of days) is reduced. They are packing so much into a little screen it's hard for them to add much more than they have right now. Samsung and Apple are the only two that seem willing to put out a new one ever year because they have other sources that can cover up the low market demand.

That being said I love having notifications at a glance without pulling out my phone. And now the smartwatches are to the point you can go without your phone altogether.
    Mmmmmmmmmm............... lett me finks sea eh???????????? didn't knot the BB playbook av that faculty wiv bridge eh sea?
    12-10-16 11:59 AM
    Got a Gear S3 yesterday. Working great!
    12-11-16 12:57 PM
    I is gotted free of em sea an an gear fit an an gear S sea eh?....................... Oh an an playbook as well sea eh?........... well I is did av seven playbooks but two of em dieded an I is gaven won away sea eh?
    12-12-16 02:18 PM
  10. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Fossil Q Crewmaster w/ my DTEK50. Works perfectly fine.
    01-24-17 12:41 PM