Seems we just MIGHT be....

Blackberry users are bigger fanbois than Apple users, mobile survey finds | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au

Now that's what I'm talking about.

(Aussie Style)
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 03-29-11 at 10:58 PM.
    quellerie likes this.
    03-29-11 10:44 PM
    Any one and everyone becomes a fan of a product they use and support. I still have a little warm corner in my heart for BB...
    03-29-11 11:28 PM
    I didn't think that's what fanboi was about, what they describe are just fans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 03:54 AM
    Ha that's funny. Most people like the BB because the form factor is just really what they love. My only gripe is that the screen is too small but if Verizon had the Torch I'd be on that like a fly on ****. Maybe I might like a Storm? But I'm waiting for the S3 to drop to see if I like it.
    03-30-11 06:12 AM
    Am I a fangirl? hhhhmmmmm.....

I love Blackberry. I've used BBerries ever since work first gave me one waaaaay back in '05/'06. Bought my Curve and have used them ever since.
    Bought an iP3GS and returned it because it wasn't a good fit for me. Back to my BB.
    Just bought an Atrix and I'm really liking it, but I keep reaching for my BB. Doesn't help that I'm having problems with my gmail-hotmail sync, caused no doubt by something I or the customer service person did in setting up my accounts.

Even after having this gorgeous, crystal clear, incredibly fast device in my hand, I *trust* BB more to be my workhorse. Reminds me of working border collies - you have the flashy ones who win trials for you and you have the ones you trust to go get a lost sheep from down a ravine when you can't even see sheep or dog because you know you can *trust* that dog to get the job done.

So.....weird analogy, but who hasn't had something that is good for showing off or for fun and the other that is good for hard work? That's what I'm noticing about my phones - I'm reaching for my BB to get my latest info (email and news) and I'm reaching for my Atrix to watch YouTube.
    03-30-11 06:14 AM

I love Blackberry. I've used BBerries ever since work first gave me one waaaaay back in '05/'06. Bought my Curve and have used them ever since.
    Bought an iP3GS and returned it because it wasn't a good fit for me. Back to my BB.
    Just bought an Atrix and I'm really liking it, but I keep reaching for my BB. Doesn't help that I'm having problems with my gmail-hotmail sync, caused no doubt by something I or the customer service person did in setting up my accounts.

Even after having this gorgeous, crystal clear, incredibly fast device in my hand, I *trust* BB more to be my workhorse. Reminds me of working border collies - you have the flashy ones who win trials for you and you have the ones you trust to go get a lost sheep from down a ravine when you can't even see sheep or dog because you know you can *trust* that dog to get the job done.

So.....weird analogy, but who hasn't had something that is good for showing off or for fun and the other that is good for hard work? That's what I'm noticing about my phones - I'm reaching for my BB to get my latest info (email and news) and I'm reaching for my Atrix to watch YouTube.
    Your weird analogy makes perfect sense to me. My situation is, I've got plenty of other things to keep me entertained more than all that flash and sizzle in a phone could possibly equal. It just happens that right now, today, BB is the best at what I need, and what you're saying here confirms that for me as well. If that makes me a fanboi, then so be it.

03-30-11 09:22 AM
    It is what it is....most people here would consider me a fanboi I'd imagine....oh well, I know what works for me.

Most everyone is a fanboi to some extent I suppose.

03-30-11 09:34 AM
    Well I would say there's a big difference between blackberry fanbois and android/iphone fanbois, blackberry fanbois are mostly passive or defensive, iphone/android fanbois can be very aggressive
    03-30-11 09:48 AM
    Oh no....I'm homeless.....
    I LOVE BB but I was jonesing for an iP5 and now I have an Android that I'm REALLY liking......

WHAT AM I?!???!?!!?!?!!?!!??!!
    03-30-11 09:52 AM
    Oh no....I'm homeless.....
    I LOVE BB but I was jonesing for an iP5 and now I have an Android that I'm REALLY liking......

WHAT AM I?!???!?!!?!?!!?!!??!!
    Confused?
    03-30-11 09:54 AM
    Confused?
    I was thinking adventurous....but confused is a certain state of mind for me....always.
    03-30-11 10:13 AM
    Any one and everyone becomes a fan of a product they use and support. I still have a little warm corner in my heart for BB...
    Notice he did say little.
    03-30-11 10:15 AM

So, I thought you despised Android and would never own one? Why the change of heart?
    03-30-11 10:38 AM
    I SAW THE ATRIX!!!!!!!! O - M - G!!!!!!!!

still not my first love, those are still .ALLmy BBerries, but that Atrix turned my head.

Still prefer BB messaging, Android seems a bit jumpy and rough around the edges. But I'm having an affair, I guess......

03-30-11 10:45 AM
    Just keep messing with Android, you'll find out new things everyday and that will keep you coming back. It did me.
    03-30-11 10:47 AM
    I'm liking it. You predicted I would!

Don't like the BZZZZZ feedback thouvh.....having fights with the virtual keyboard......

Learning.
    03-30-11 10:53 AM

Don't like the BZZZZZ feedback thouvh.....having fights with the virtual keyboard......

Learning.
    The best way I can describe it is you have to want to make the change, you have to want to learn something completely different. As a long time BlackBerry user when I first went Android I was completely lost, I didn't even know how to move my icons around. I told myself I am going to do this and I'm going to learn this platform. Once I started to see what Android can do and what it offered, I was hooked. There was honestly no going back for me. I still feel the same way now, I will always have love for the BlackBerry, but Android does what I want and it's so much fun.
    03-30-11 10:58 AM

Learning.
    You should be able to turn off Haptic Feedback, the BZZZZZ under Settings >Screen/Keyboard.
    03-30-11 10:59 AM
    Let's see... I don't know about other users so I'll talk about myself.

Do I recommend BlackBerry to ANYBODY considering a smartphone? HELLYES!!

Do I mention everything I think GREAT about BlackBerry (and BIS/BES, depending of the person? Bah, Of Course I do!

Do I mention all the times (and tell the story if the person shows interest) the BlackBerry solution saved M.S.A? Can't be avoided.

Do I mention other platforms and mention what are the pro/cons compared to the BlackBerry solution? Well, I have to be fair, our pride and joy is not perfect and surely isn't for everyone.

Ok, final math... 3 out 4. Yup, fanboy with feet on the ground here.

As already mentioned here, we support what we like and works for us. I only wish people didn't have to bash what they don't like. COmpetition is great. I hope the iPhone 5 to be the most incredible device ever, so Android/BlackBerry can work their asses off coming up with better things for us. In the very end, we're the ones gaining.

On that note, I hope QNX powered devices (I won't buy another Berry untill then) blow ANYTHING and EVERYTHING out of the water...
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-30-11 at 11:10 AM.
    03-30-11 11:05 AM
    Would I camp out in the mall to get any iphone on release day? No....those apple people are truly weird.

Would I camp out for anything? Nope!
    03-30-11 11:08 AM
    Would I camp out in the mall to get any iphone on release day? No....those apple people are truly weird.

Would I camp out for anything? Nope!
    I'd camp out for a hot night with Robert Pattinson.

BlackStormRising likes this.
    03-30-11 11:18 AM
    To me there's a difference between sticking with something that works for you (fan) and trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throat (fanboi).

I get a lot of people asking me about phones and as much as I love BB, i am hesitant to just pimp it over all others. I ask the person what they plan to do with it, what they do now with their phone, how much they pay, etc.

A big difference between the two camps is what flaws they'll concede. A fan knows his device isn't perfect and can admit it. A fanboi will minimize the flaws or gloss over them completely...
    03-30-11 11:37 AM
    I'd camp out for a hot night with Robert Pattinson.

This would make me camp out

03-30-11 11:38 AM
    To me there's a difference between sticking with something that works for you (fan) and trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throat (fanboi).

I get a lot of people asking me about phones and as much as I love BB, i am hesitant to just pimp it over all others. I ask the person what they plan to do with it, what they do now with their phone, how much they pay, etc.

A big difference between the two camps is what flaws they'll concede. A fan knows his device isn't perfect and can admit it. A fanboi will minimize the flaws or gloss over them completely...
    Quoted for truth. I really really like this comparison.

And, a night with

would make me camp out. Camp out for a week, w/ no smartphone access, even.
    03-30-11 12:15 PM
    This would make me camp out

aaahhh....see....she doesn't do a thing for me......
    03-30-11 12:37 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD