I just had to try that Wazoo bar I keep seeing advertised. Just its looks alone, it was like a sugar-loving raver kid's ecstasy-induced dream come true.
    Truth is, it's tasty, but as you'd imagine, a bit much. I can be a sugar fiend (I'd do tricks for cotton candy or Peeps), but it was so sweet that after a few bites, you couldn't taste it anymore.

Then came the shock. I did what one should probably never do when consuming something you already know is bad for you, holds no nutritional value, and is processed and packaged: glanced at the ingredients.
    And what did I find?
    The last two ingredients are Carnauba Wax and Beeswax.
    Now, in lotions, lipgloss, candles...waxes are acceptable.
    But in candy??
    Is this not uncommon?
    I can't really imagine it being very good to introduce wax to one's stomach and intestines. Apparently the FDA approves of it in small quantities, but they approve of rat droppings as such, too.

So my question is: what the hell?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 12:04 PM
    Yes, you can find it in a number of edible products. I know people that eat pieces of beeswax regularly.

04-11-09 01:06 PM
    It's in your multivitamins too. Unless you use Nutrilite.

04-11-09 01:36 PM
    Really?
    Well, then sorry, guess I'm just nutritionally ********.

However, I *was* reading about carnauba wax, and:
    "carnauba wax has a much harder melting point than other waxes, and is also extremely hard. This makes it ideal for creating extremely strong coatings for floors, automobiles, and other things which see hard wear."
    And then it goes on to say it's also found in candies.

I don't know about you, but when I think about extremely strong floor coatings, I don't usually equate the ingredients with "safely ingestible."
    Might be just me though.

04-11-09 06:23 PM
    When paddling out i Always have bar of sex wax in mouth..30 years of it has done no harm ,I never eat it though hmm maybe once when I hit reef lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-11-09 at 06:47 PM.
    04-11-09 06:32 PM
    I remember getting candy harmonicas at the fair as a kid. I think the things were nothing but flavored wax. I'd kill for one right now!
    04-11-09 09:09 PM
    Those ingredients are also in one of my favorites, Jelly Belly beans.

04-17-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD