Anyone check out Watchmen yet? and How did you like it?

This is next on my list and I def wanna see it sometime this weekend, so just wanted to see what the thoughts on it were. I personally have never read the graphic novel but I have heard that it is amazing.
    03-06-09 09:01 AM
    whats more amazing is that expect to see 300 kinda visual effects... super stuff!
    03-06-09 09:25 AM
    It's really good, you will enjoy the Movie
    03-06-09 09:38 AM
    Hitting it up tomorrow - can't wait to see how they pulled it off - have a lot of faith that it will work from the trailers alone.
    03-06-09 09:45 AM
    Uhhhhh... I watched it last night... Not a fan. Way too much slow motion, horrible music and it just dragged on. I wouldn't watch it again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:08 PM
    Just as with any comic book adaptation movie...one will appreciate it more if they've read/followed the comic book before having watched the movie version of it. Watchmen is no different.

However the difference with Watchmen (compared to other comic-adapted movies) is that the storyline for it is supremely complex to be able to fit into a sub-three hour length movie adaptation. It's storyline isn't as 'simple' as Spiderman, X-Men, Superman, Iron Man, Hulk, Batman, etc. to recreate without doing some sort of injustice.

I've been a comic book fan as long as I can remember; the Watchmen series was one of the most intense/complex/intelligent storylines I've read in a comic book series. I'm planning on watching the movie tonight; so what it may lack in providing every single detail in the storyline (to appeal to the commercial masses)...hopefully they'll make up for in visual pleasantry.

Last edited by Fence; 03-06-09 at 04:55 PM.
    03-06-09 04:50 PM
    Yeah, enjoy all the naked dudes.......

03-06-09 05:30 PM
    I watched the HBO preview show last night and the people behind the movie said those who are fans of the graphic novel will not be disappointed. I'm about to take my 15 YO son and a bunch of his friends to see it. I'll be able to report back what that age group thinks about it, as well as me.

03-06-09 06:10 PM
    I DID already see it. We sat around and waited for it to play at midnight. Save your money seriously. Or atleast go to a theatre thatll give your money back if you leave after the first half hour... This would all be fixed if they let people drink in theatres

03-07-09 09:25 AM
    Uhhhhh... I watched it last night... Not a fan. Way too much slow motion, horrible music and it just dragged on. I wouldn't watch it again

God I hated this movie..what a POS!!
    03-07-09 09:37 AM
    Ill be checking it out tonight, despite the negative comments, im still pumped for it. I found that others bad reviews turned out to be totally different from what i expected and received from the actual film.

*no offense to anyone lol
    03-07-09 10:25 AM
    I thought it was good. That music backspace hated is from my youth, . It was long, but got a good sense of the alternate world they created. And Malin Akerman is pretty hot

03-07-09 10:48 AM
    Thanks latinatwix I thought I was the only sane person left in this thread whew!

I'm assuming Malin is the chick... What mid 30's? I wouldn't say hot either. They should have saved their money and got Katy Perry, or Amy Smart for the sex scenes. Woulda gone up a star in my books, but thatd still leave it at 2 outa 5 *'s

03-07-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks latinatwix I thought I was the only sane person left in this thread whew!

I'm assuming Malin is the chick... What mid 30's? I wouldn't say hot either. They should have saved their money and got Katy Perry, or Amy Smart for the sex scenes. Woulda gone up a star in my books, but thatd still leave it at 2 outa 5 *'s
    According to everyone I know that saw Watchmen; Malin is pretty damn hot in the movie. As for the actual movie itself...I've heard an equal amount of mixed reviews. Since the majority of the people watching this movie have never read the comic book version of Watchmen; there are two things I recommend people to do before watching the movie...1.) Have low expectations for the movie before watching it. 2.) Read up on a synopsis of the jist of the storyline beforehand.

Oh and I suppose adding a third point won't hurt...3.) re-align the perception of what is 'hot'. :P
    03-07-09 03:50 PM
    Ouch buddy But by realigning your perception of what is 'hot' you're actually agreeing with me right? You shouldn't have to change perceptions if she WAS hot... Sorry I just didn't find her overly attractive. Not bad but... No Paris Hilton by any means...

I actually went to the movie with somebody who was a big fan before hand. I wasn't. But we both hated it. And you should never have to go into a movie with low expectations. It still won't make the movie worth watching. It'll just prepare you for a long *** three hours...

03-07-09 05:23 PM
    Wow this movie just got out for an action comic was pretty bad ... I must say they couldve removed a few things that were quite unnecessary ... The only good parts was the movie masked guy

03-07-09 06:28 PM
    I thought this movie was awesome... better than dark knight imo.
    03-07-09 06:39 PM
    Can I buy drugs off you?

03-07-09 06:52 PM
    Better then the dark knight .... When you were dropped as a child did you fall on your head?

03-07-09 07:18 PM
    Wow backspace, you seem to be taking it personally if someone disagrees with you; different people like different things, so Malin's too old for you, big deal. I don't remember asking anyone to tell me what I find hot.

03-07-09 07:38 PM
    That's because I'm right. Always am... The sooner you learn that the happier you'll be . I'm not taking it personally but wow did that movie suck! I would hope someone would tell me the same thing - save me $10

03-07-09 08:48 PM
    Lol, all righty then, good luck with that always right thing,

03-07-09 09:28 PM
    *warning* **spoiler**

Just took my boys to see it... Hmm... what to say. When I was in jr high/high school, this was a very good graphic novel for the same reasons that made it a mediocre movie... very artsy, very introspective... I think it was kind of depressing as a movie in a way that the novel wasn't... Somehow hearing Rorschach's soliloquies and watching him die... just sucked more than reading it and looking at the well drawn pictures. My son asked why he had to die, and all I could say was that he would have been miserable a) lying about what happened and b) living in a world without bad guys to fight...

This will be a classic in it's own way... it just... dunno. Not sure why I was disappointed. It had nothing to do with the quality of the film.
    03-07-09 10:28 PM
    just got back from a showing.....

It was ok at best, wasn't what I expected at all(I didn't plan on seeing it anyway though...friend texted me up so I tagged alot with him and a couple people)
    03-08-09 12:31 AM
    Better then the dark knight .... When you were dropped as a child did you fall on your head?

is there a problem with me having my own opinion? either way i could care less what anyone else thinks
    03-08-09 12:40 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD