when people loose all their contacts before/after getting a new phone! like really? with ALL the ways in the world to back up your smart or dumb phone there is NO EXCUSE why you shouldnt have your contacts backed up!

i personally use google sync which i find to be easiest and most efficient without any hassel or even having to remember to back things up!

my mac's address book syncs to my gmail, which synchs to my blackberry and this is all done two-way and automagically.

then, every 3 months i typically export my gmail contacts, and address book to a csv file & vcf file respectively and just email those two files to myself in gmail to keep archived. there is NO reason why anyone should ever not have their contacts updated and ready to be loaded a new device!
    09-18-11 03:42 PM
    Some people don't have smartphones,
    But you can switch them with your carrier.

There is a way if you talk to your carrier.

And Yes. it annoys me too.
    09-18-11 03:58 PM
    when people loose all their contacts before/after getting a new phone! like really? with ALL the ways in the world to back up your smart or dumb phone there is NO EXCUSE why you shouldnt have your contacts backed up!

i personally use google sync which i find to be easiest and most efficient without any hassel or even having to remember to back things up!

my mac's address book syncs to my gmail, which synchs to my blackberry and this is all done two-way and automagically.

then, every 3 months i typically export my gmail contacts, and address book to a csv file & vcf file respectively and just email those two files to myself in gmail to keep archived. there is NO reason why anyone should ever not have their contacts updated and ready to be loaded a new device!
    Wait, won't the evil Google empire then have your personal information?! Oh noes! Oh, wait... Ahhhhhhhhhhh! They've got mine too!!!
    09-18-11 04:00 PM
    Lol, as if google didn't already have it
    I feel for people this happens to, but yeah it annoys me too.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 06:35 PM
    Between facebook, google and being in the Army my privacy as a US citizen is pretty much non existant at this point. But even with dumb phones I'm pretty positive at this point most if not all of them have some sort of backing up method

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 01:25 AM
    In my world, it would be friction or poor timing.

09-19-11 09:40 AM
    what happened? did someone you like hit you with the old "i lost my contacts" line??
    09-19-11 10:34 AM
    what happened? did someone you like hit you with the old "i lost my contacts" line??
    I use that line all the time!

I back up my contacts all the time as well.
    09-19-11 05:03 PM
    Hans: I wasn't avoiding you! I didn't have my phone!

Someone else: I saw you read it on BBM. -__-

Hans: Um... *Jumps out of the room and runs away*
    09-19-11 07:45 PM
    Hans: I wasn't avoiding you! I didn't have my phone!

Someone else: I saw you read it on BBM. -__-

Hans: Um... *Jumps out of the room and runs away*
    when my wife first got her 9330 she didn't know about the D and R, one day she was mad and giving me the silent treatment but she was reading my BBMs.

09-19-11 07:48 PM
    I absolutely hate it too when people ignore you on BlackBerry Messenger. You see the "R" appear almost after the "D" appears, yet you get no response, even when it's an important question. Damn you, answer!

09-20-11 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD