Was told at my local Walmart that they returned them all on Friday but kept Q5's. Also mentioned that they only sold 5 of them since they started selling them and one was to an employee on Friday. What's up?
    I guess poor sales! Keepin mine though

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    02-03-14 09:29 PM
    Was told at my local Walmart that they returned them all on Friday but kept Q5's. Also mentioned that they only sold 5 of them since they started selling them and one was to an employee on Friday. What's up?
    I guess poor sales! Keepin mine though

Sales of Blackberry 10 devices have been very low, the company has gone through a lot of upheavals the last few months.

That said, I try not to apply anything that happens at Walmart as meaningful to my own personal life.

I'd be surprised if the clerks there could find the power button, tbh.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-03-14 10:28 PM
    Even though I liked seeing the BB10 display go up in Walmart a year ago, it just seemed out of place. First, it was a huge stand with two unusable phones on it. Second, whenever I inquired about the phones, the employee's had that deer in the headlights look. In reality, trying to sell the Z10 and Q10 at this type of store did more harm than good. BlackBerry needs to refocus their direction on stores that will support them fully. That's going to take dedication with a well thought out plan. Anyway, I can't see concentrating on Walmart as a meaningful move in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:57 PM
    So what ends up happening to all those devices that get returned to BlackBerry?

Z10
    02-03-14 11:09 PM

I think you're thinking the same thought that I am.
    02-04-14 04:10 AM
    Wally world doesn't seem to be a place to sell BlackBerry. If we think of the stereotypes of Walmart it doesn't support the sales of a "business" phone. I'm not saying anything about shoppers there because I shop there and I own a z30.
    Not a big deal, but majority of BlackBerry clients would go to their carrier to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:38 AM
    Walmarts wireless dept is now run by a third company and not walmart any longer (in Ontario) so the staff now knows a little more except I can't say the same for upper management

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    02-04-14 08:35 PM
    I was always more of a Target guy myself anyway.

Posted via AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-04-14 08:42 PM

Z10
    Probably set up to be sold directly online or shipped to an outlet/carrier that wants to stock some more

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    02-04-14 09:01 PM
    Walmart? Please....
    Talk about wireless carriers, which is totally relevant.

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-04-14 09:09 PM
    I was always more of a Target guy myself anyway.

Yes, not quite the bottom-feeding organization Walmart is. Just pay close attention to your credit card bill for the next year or two.
    02-04-14 11:26 PM
    Thought I would add to this discussion since I recently went to my local Walmart. The last time I was there they had removed the fake display model Z10 and the BlackBerry section at the counter was a mess with no pricing or anything. Needless to say it was a sorry sight. Today was a complete reversal. Full proper pricing and a working display model Z10. YAY! It looked good. I mean real good. They cleaned it up when I thought they were ready to tear it down. Mind you I'm in the west end of Toronto so this should be no surprise but, in reality, proper displays are desperately needed.
    02-05-14 10:36 PM