How many times have you been out at a restaurant, grocery store, or theater, and seen an unruly kid-

With a parent that seems to think their kid doesn't exist.

The kind of parent that can't tell their kid is screaming at the top of their lungs, and is oblivious to the fact that everyone within 6.7 miles is irked by their screaming banshee of a child.

Well, everytime I come across a kid like this, I just want to tell them to STFU.

And then follow up with a slap for their parent.

Well, it seems like this older guy did.

Stranger allegedly slaps crying child in store - CNN.com

I can't help but LOL at this-
    09-03-09 11:11 AM
    Holy S! That guy looks pissed. I'm surprised he didn't slap the officer for taking his picture.
    09-03-09 11:15 AM
    Well God only knows how long he had to deal with that wailing child...
    09-03-09 11:17 AM
    I don't see the humor in that situation. It's child abuse......period. If he attempted to do that to any of my kids (crying or not), or if I saw him do that to someone else's kid......he would get choke-slammed in the middle of the aisle.
    09-03-09 11:22 AM
    How many times have you been out at a restaurant, grocery store, or theater, and seen an unruly kid-

With a parent that seems to think their kid doesn't exist.

The kind of parent that can't tell their kid is screaming at the top of their lungs, and is oblivious to the fact that everyone within 6.7 miles is irked by their screaming banshee of a child.

Well, everytime I come across a kid like this, I just want to tell them to STFU.

And then follow up with a slap for their parent.

Well, it seems like this older guy did.

Stranger allegedly slaps crying child in store - CNN.com

I can't help but LOL at this-
    I know how that guy felt but slapping a child that's not yours is unacceptable. They were right to arrest him. He should have chastised the mother for not disciplining her child, or tending to the baby's needs, whatever the case was.

Or slap the mother instead
    09-03-09 11:23 AM
    That drives me crazy Prada, parents who cannot control their children. I also think if you need a leash to control your child, you have serious problems...
    09-03-09 11:23 AM
    Wow, I've always wanted to do that...

I hate that it seems he is the bad guy in this case (which is probably true) when they don't list any information on the mother or how she was acting in the first place.

The way I see it, if you can't discipline your child or at the very least, keep them from crying in public, you have some problems. I never misbehaved in public when I was on a child, that's a fact.

When I was a kid, all my mom had to do was give me the stinkeye. And I knew better than to ever, EVER act out in public.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER slap someone else's child, especially a stranger... but I want to.
    Last edited by RobotnumberOne; 09-03-09 at 06:35 PM.
    09-03-09 11:24 AM
    I'm not saying it's right to slap the kid.

But I still find it funny.

If I could have done it MY way, I would have slapped the mom.

Because EVERYONE has seen a crazy --- kid that needs to have their --- slapped.

And WE HAVE ALL wanted to slap them.

Don't lie.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 09-03-09 at 12:50 PM.
    09-03-09 11:25 AM
    I completely agree that he was out of line by slapping the child. I know if I ever acted up in a store like that there is NO WAY my mother would have stayed in the store.
    And I agree 1 2 that if anyone ever put their hands on my child ( if I had any ) that choke slamming would be the least of their worries. Probably would want to stay in the jail cell for their own safety.
    09-03-09 11:27 AM
    That drives me crazy Prada, parents who cannot control their children. I also think if you need a leash to control your child, you have serious problems...
    +1

10 char
    09-03-09 11:28 AM
    Haha Stinkeye!, good one Robot.
    09-03-09 11:28 AM
    I can tell that some of you aren't parents. When a small child decides that he/she want's to be a little turd and throw a tantrum, there's really not much you can do at that point. If you spank em'....they cry harder. If you give em' what their throwing a fit over....then the kid wins and doesn't learn anything. If you leave the store....then you don't get done what you're supposed to get done. So, don't be so quick to crucify the parents either.
    09-03-09 11:30 AM
    Whatever happened to the good old day when mommy and daddy could spank their kids?

There is a difference between disciplining, and abuse.

I remember one time I was misbehaving at Bradless-

And within a split second, my mom ripped out her HUGE --- wooden spoon from her purse and slapped me across the ---.

You better believe I behaved after that.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 09-03-09 at 12:50 PM.
    09-03-09 11:30 AM
    I can't believe he slapped the kid! Haha its funny but not funny.
    But the guy told the mom he was going to. Then she obviously saw him coming back, she should have walked away. I know I know its not her responsibility to walk away, but you have to protect your kid from crazy people.
    And about the leash comment...I hate seeing kids on a leash! Its stupid, but makes me laugh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 11:31 AM
    I don't see the humor in that situation. It's child abuse......period. If he attempted to do that to any of my kids (crying or not), or if I saw him do that to someone else's kid......he would get choke-slammed in the middle of the aisle.
    I'm with you there. I would have beat the snot out of that moron.
    09-03-09 11:42 AM
    How can anyone condone striking a child in the face?! Especially when it's some crazed man who turns into Charles Manson at the sound of a crying child.

I don't get it. It's like people are cheering him on like spectators at a Roman coliseum.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 09-03-09 at 11:51 AM.
    09-03-09 11:48 AM
    12 and ag
    I would so kcuf dude up it wont even be funny i so would be the one on trial for attempted murder
    and i do agree you should have control of your kids
    Last edited by bx2md; 09-03-09 at 12:30 PM.
    09-03-09 11:49 AM
    Whatever happened to the good old day when mommy and daddy could spank their kids?

There is a difference between disciplining, and abuse.

I remember one time I was misbehaving at Bradless-

And within a split second, my mom ripped out her HUGE wooden spoon from her purse and slapped me across the ......

You better believe I behaved after that.
    I agree with you there. I believe in spanking (when necessary)....but striking a stranger's kid in the face, 5 times?! C'mon....

I'm with you there. I would have beat the snot out of that moron.
    Yep! He's a bully and needs to be treated accordingly.
    09-03-09 11:55 AM
    12 and ag
    I would so mess dude up it wont even be funny i so would be the one on trial for attempted murder
    and i do agree you should have control of your kids
    What a lot of people don't understand is that when decent parents see or hear about something like that, it makes something inside of us snap and that protective instinct kicks in. I'm surprised someone didn't attack that guy like a spider monkey.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 09-03-09 at 01:33 PM.
    09-03-09 12:01 PM
    Archangel00195 is crying...someone slap him.
    09-03-09 12:03 PM
    You people who find it funny amaze me. Should parents control their children, of course. Does anyone else have the right to intervene, heck no. How that fool got away with what he did, without leaving the store in an ambulance, is beyond me. Get some sense, and realize parenting isn't as easy as you'd like it to be.

09-03-09 12:08 PM
    I posted that in the TBL thread.
    I always check Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News | ajc.com and see what is going on around me. I think it is sick that a man would do that and he looks like he needs his behind kicked.
    This happened only miles away from me and he deserves to be in jail.

I understand the frustration of a screaming/crying kid, but that was not his place nor anyone elses place, but the parents!!
    09-03-09 12:12 PM
    First off let me preface this by saying that I don't have any children...

However I do know that when I'm out somewhere (especially somewhere that I'm kind of stuck - like a restaurant) & there's a kid acting up and the parents just sit there like it's nothing, it drives me crazy!!!! This is why if I'm on a plane, train, automobile or on foot - I will never travel w/o my iPod b/c then I can just plug in & tune out.

When I was growing up, I'm pretty sure my parents believed in the "spare the rod - spoil the child" method of child rearing. I didn't get abused but I sure did get disciplined if I deserved it. You better believe that I learned quick fast what I should & shouldn't do.

But I can tell you something, as annoyed as I am when I see kids misbehaving w/no consequences - I dont blame them, I blame the parents!

Oh yeah - If I saw anyone abusing a kid, parent or stranger, I would definitely intervene. Chilldren, more than anyone else need/deserve to be protected. No child should have to fell that kind of terror.
    Last edited by melh72; 09-03-09 at 12:16 PM.
    09-03-09 12:13 PM
    You people who find it funny amaze me. Should parents control their children, of course. Does anyone else have the right to intervene, heck no. How that fool got away with what he did, without leaving the store in an ambulance, is beyond me. Get some sense, and realize parenting isn't as easy as you'd like it to be.

I agree man .... if he didnt like the child crying or screaming or what ever .....tihs just leave the damn store ....
    Last edited by bx2md; 09-03-09 at 12:31 PM.
    09-03-09 12:13 PM
    Archangel00195 is crying...someone slap him.
    I'm in tne car not a public location ^_^

Either way I stand by what he did. The parent should have. Stopped him.
    As far as attacking him goes that's twice as wrong for some random person to do it.

I agree with the other poster more he should have hit the mother not the kid.

Plus the kid had a slight redness you worse than that in a real spanking

09-03-09 12:14 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD