hey people,

If you have a Vodafone Mobile that is locked, vodafone will now unlock them for free.
    Not too sure if it is to with a new law coming, but call vodafone customer services on 191.
    Contract phones of any age, even expired contract ones. They will also unlock contract phones recently taken out within 12 months.
    PAYG phones have to be at least 12 months old.

They just need your IMEI number (type *#06# on the handset). They will then tell you the unlock code to unrestrict the handset and instructions. They know the phone make from the system after they have your IMIE.

I have just unlocked a new N95, and a dead old Motorola no problems.
    Get digging them old phones out of the draws.

Apparently you can also request this online if you have a online vodafone account.
    04-24-08 06:09 AM
    hey people,

If you have a Vodafone Mobile that is locked, vodafone will now unlock them for free.
    Not too sure if it is to with a new law coming, but call vodafone customer services on 191.
    Contract phones of any age, even expired contract ones. They will also unlock contract phones recently taken out within 12 months.
    PAYG phones have to be at least 12 months old.

They just need your IMEI number (type *#06# on the handset). They will then tell you the unlock code to unrestrict the handset and instructions. They know the phone make from the system after they have your IMIE.

I have just unlocked a new N95, and a dead old Motorola no problems.
    Get digging them old phones out of the draws.

Apparently you can also request this online if you have a online vodafone account.

Hello mate, iv just bought a phone locked to vodafone off someone, if i called them up do you reckon theyd unlock it for me? I cant call from my current mobile, so what number would i need to ring to get through to them. cheers mate
    04-24-08 07:57 AM
    Hello mate, iv just bought a phone locked to vodafone off someone, if i called them up do you reckon theyd unlock it for me? I cant call from my current mobile, so what number would i need to ring to get through to them. cheers mate
    08700 700191, 08700 776655.. (within uk)
    08080044423 (non- vodafone customer)
    +44 7836 191 191, +44 7836191 191 (outside uk)

try it

xx
    04-22-09 08:30 AM
    This is good news!!! Other carriers will do this too. Verizon for example (and generally you must push the issue) will do it as long as you are a customer in good standing for at least 60 days.
    04-22-09 08:44 AM
    do o2 do this also ?
    05-09-11 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD