Of course many here already know everything that's covered in this video, but... the way this kid puts it explains why they were a perfect match for Apple.

Spending on marketing, celebrity endorsements, packaging, brand recognition >> spending on research & development and engineering

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-02-14 06:04 PM
    Summary:

Beats by Dre headphones are for people who care much more about fashion than about sound quality or build quality, and who don't mind vastly overpaying for something to look fashionable. They target the same market that buys fashion-brand T-shirts for $250 and jeans for $500.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-02-14 07:35 PM
    Summary:

Beats by Dre headphones are for people who care much more about fashion than about sound quality or build quality, and who don't mind vastly overpaying for something to look fashionable. They target the same market that buys fashion-brand T-shirts for $250 and jeans for $500.
    Pretty much, but you forgot to include (because I know you're way too measured in your postings),.. those that buy the GOLD iPHONE.

Lol
    Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 07:44 PM
    Pretty much, but you forgot to include (because I know you're way too measured in your postings),.. those that buy the GOLD iPHONE.

Lol
    Posted via CB10
    Kind of like the people that buy a Porche designed BB.
    09-02-14 07:53 PM
    Umm, those headphones and speakers sound amazing. I dunno what you guys might consider quality sound but, they're great
    09-02-14 07:56 PM
    Umm, those headphones and speakers sound amazing. I dunno what you guys might consider quality sound but, they're great
    Good sound is a very personal thing. What sounds good to some, sound like a blender to others. Personally, I find Beats great for music that has punchy bass and a beat to groove to, but for listening to more intricately voiced music I would choose something more balanced. Again, it boils down to personal preference.
    09-02-14 10:00 PM
    Do some comparison in ANY price range. It WILL shock you how inferior the Beats are!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-02-14 10:10 PM
    Well personally I like bass. Edm n hop hop sounds fantastic to me. When I throw Rock in the mix too, it's perfect. Not sure about opera or classical tho :s lol
    09-02-14 10:18 PM
    Well if you like bass so much check out some old school Too Short from the late 80's and early 90's.(explicit lyrics) But again the Beats will be out done by most other brands and it may surprise to hear other things you never noticed in the music.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-02-14 10:24 PM
    Whoa! I own both studios and beats pros amongst a few other sets of big cans and I have to put my two cents in. They are certainly overpriced at all levels. Really everything said in the video was spot on. That said the beats pros have no equal I've heard when it comes to the amount you can drive them while listening bass heavy music.
    Back to the studios, the whole point of what they do is called HD Sound or something like that and it's basically some kind of compression and eq effect really giving you a totally new mix of what your used to hearing. This is the main reason a lot of people don't like the beats, it can really mess with your favorite tunes. Sometimes it's good, check out darkside of the moon with a pair of studios on!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-02-14 10:31 PM