Last edited by mjneid; 09-11-09 at 11:06 AM.
    09-11-09 11:02 AM
    That's an amazing image I don't recall ever seeing Mike. Thanks for remembering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 11:52 AM
    That's an amazing image I don't recall ever seeing Mike. Thanks for remembering.

the single worst time period in my life. i'll never forget, thats for sure.
    09-11-09 11:59 AM
    I will share my memory, and the most important things that people have forgotten.

Words have power, images more. That morning is indelibly etched in my heart, and in my mind.

09-11-09 12:18 PM

Words have power, images more. That morning is indelibly etched in my heart, and in my mind.

Agree 100% and thanks for posting the pictures

the reason why it was they worst time period is this article and quote is a taste of what happened to my cousin the same week.
    Source
    "This is an unexplainable life," said L.C. Nolan, father of Shannon Marie Nolan-Broe, who was murdered on Sept. 7, 2001 by her husband. Her death also caused the death of her unborn baby. "Here, you don't have to explain, in all of our eyes we can see something inside that no one else can understand."
    09-11-09 12:29 PM
    And a dedication to the victims, the heroes, and the survivors all.

09-11-09 12:30 PM
    BK where were you on that day and what were you doing? Were you driving your truck?
    09-11-09 12:32 PM
    I awoke to a beautiful morning and had breakfast with my fiance�, and went outside to prepare to make a delivery to the Ford plant in Kansas City, MO.

I don't normally do anything when I do this, but for some reason climbed into the cab and turned on the radio, and found announcers talking about a plane crash into the World Trade Center.

I dropped everything and ran inside, flipping on the TV. The picture I saw was of a plane frozen in time near the 2nd tower. The announcers were describing something, and a few seconds later they let the video play, and I fell to my knees in stunned disbelief.

I apparently cried out, because my lady came out and saw me, then looked at the TV in horror. I knew from the moment that I was seeing a coordinated attack. No question about it.

I've been in combat, I've seen what happens when bombs go off, and people die horribly.

And none of it seared as painfully as that moment. A gorgeous morning in September.

And having to tell my soon to be stepkids what it all meant, that was even worse.

09-11-09 12:49 PM
    Yea i remember waking up looking out of my window, then getting in the shower as i prepare to leave for work, getting out of the shower and dressing for the day.

Then i walked in to the living room to see my mother and father GLUED to the TV and i asked them " what movie are you watching ??" and they told me me that it wasn't a movie but a news broadcast - so i humbly replied "aw come on don't joke like that" and my dad changed channels on me and it was on a new broadcast.... so i sat on the edge of the love-seat and watched in dismay..... then i had to drive on the quietest, empties streets i've ever seen.. .. .. to a work day filled of having our ears glued to the radio and web cast on the internet....
    09-11-09 12:57 PM
    My trip this morning took me through the town of Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
    I drove through this town on 9/12, and there are lightpoles lining almost the length of town, and each pole has an American flag mounted upon it.

As I passed through this morning, there they were, stars and bars, waving in a gentle breeze. On the radio was a morning show based in Pittsburgh, reading the stories of that morning, the story of Todd Beamer, the stories of the other heroes of Flight 93, the firemen going into the conflagration, the 2 men who carried the wheelchair-bound woman out of the building as it crashed down behind them.
    And the flags are still there. Who knows how many times they've been replaced? I took a picture of one of them this morning, but it wasn't really good enough to post.

It's hard to focus with your eyes welling.

09-11-09 01:20 PM
    I remember coming out of the shower. My wife at the time, glued to the TV, telling me that one of the Twin Towers had been hit. The reports were it was a small plane, and must have been an accident. I told her there was no way either was true. As we sat there in bed, we watched the second plane, and my worst fears were realized. I remember the closeness we felt that day, something we hadn't had in quite some time. The mixture of shock, sadness and anger. I will never get the images of people so desperate, they jumped to escape being burnt alive. Nor will I ever forget the images of the Muslim world, celebrating our pain, or the free world that mourned with us. All the painful rumors that followed, of conspiracy. I long for the feeling we as a nation had, of unity and patriotism. Old Glory was everywhere, and we knew we would only come out of this stronger.

I distinctly remember two media that followed. They stir emotion in me everytime I play them.

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-12-09 at 06:29 AM.
    09-12-09 06:12 AM
    a bit late but I remember going to my friends house and he stating something happened to one of the towers t.v. had mentioned it was a fire and then I was driving downtown when you could see the smoke coming out of the tower then I got as close as i could and began to watch tv and next thing i know a second plane hit the other tower next thing everything just stopped ...my world stood still .............. then I called my family made sure they were safe then I hauled azz out of there as far away as I could
    09-12-09 10:06 AM
    I remember coming out of the shower. My wife at the time, glued to the TV, telling me that one of the Twin Towers had been hit. The reports were it was a small plane, and must have been an accident. I told her there was no way either was true. As we sat there in bed, we watched the second plane, and my worst fears were realized. I remember the closeness we felt that day, something we hadn't had in quite some time. The mixture of shock, sadness and anger. I will never get the images of people so desperate, they jumped to escape being burnt alive. Nor will I ever forget the images of the Muslim world, celebrating our pain, or the free world that mourned with us. All the painful rumors that followed, of conspiracy. I long for the feeling we as a nation had, of unity and patriotism. Old Glory was everywhere, and we knew we would only come out of this stronger.

I distinctly remember two media that followed. They stir emotion in me everytime I play them.
    Wulf...I know ('knew' now) three people who died as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center. Disclosing their religious affiliation should have no bearing in their deaths; nor on the nature of the 9/11 attacks...since a loss of life in such a manner is sad...period.

However I'll share what these three individuals were (two Jews and one Muslim). Through them; I had met many other Jews and Muslims...of which I didn't truly know much of either one of the faiths (Judaism and Islam). However through interaction with them; I learned a lot about their respective faiths...I learned that the three Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Islam and Christianity) are all ones that come from a common lineage and 'bloodline'; they share common principles and teachings.

When you haphazardly say "the Muslim world, celebrating our pain"...you're painting an incorrect canvas in broad strokes of a religion and its followers. Just as; as a result; the actions of some Israelis against Palestinians/Christians in Israel would be wrong to label the 'Jewish World' in an incindiary way...so too is it wrong to label Muslims as a whole in a blanket statement.

As being raised Catholic myself; I would loathe a smear campaign of sorts against the faith I was brought up in and know. When someone chooses to post words In the dimly lit light that you've done so...it shows your misconstrued perceptions; and it should be pointed out.
    Last edited by Swoopster; 09-12-09 at 10:15 AM.
    09-12-09 10:11 AM
    Swoopy, I know what I saw, and it in no way means I believe the entire faith thought that. You cannot deny what images were presented on that day, and the days to follow. When I say all "blah blah blah", then you are welcome to come at me with both barrels. Till then gain some reality, and stop picking apart peoples posts, when you seldom can defend your own.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-12-09 10:33 AM
    I'm an elementary school teacher and had the tv on in my classroom before class. The Today show mentioned that a plane hit one of the towers, then the bell rang. I remember walking into the hall and telling another teacher, "some ***** just ran his plane into one of the twin towers". Later, when it became more apparent what was happening, my heart was sinking. We were trying to keep up pretenses for the kids, but it felt like the world was coming to an end. Students were being checked out left and right, they cancelled pe classes because we didn't want kids outside. It was a horendous day, and it feels like it was yesterday.

We can never forget - if we do, they win. My heart goes out to all the families who lost a loved one...and a country who lost its innocence

09-12-09 10:43 AM
    I had just dropped my daughter off at kindergarten and arrived home and Tanya said look at this! Planes flew into WTC buildings. I watched dumbfounded and couldn't wait to get the Bas-*****.
    Now after a sojourn in Iraq, we are finally concentrating on the perpetrators of the attack. I am not belittling the efforts of our men and women who fought and died in Iraq - and the contractors of whom nearly 1000 died as well. Saddam was a low life who needed to go, but the fact is the enemies who attacked us that day have been ignored up until now. Now they have no where to hide. The Marines are coming! Look out Osama, you are running out of rocks to hide under. We will get you and 9/11 will be avenged.

09-12-09 11:14 AM
    Guys, don't do this please! This thread was not meant for
    personal arguments and to do so dishonors that sad day and
    the memories of all who suffered on it and beyond.
    09-12-09 11:51 AM
    Amen AG!

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-12-09 11:53 AM
    I apologize, as I didn't see your addition, AG, I was composing.

I attempted to edit, but since that didn't go, there was little else I could do. While a couple parts of it have a personal reference, I was trying to honor the purpose of the thread.

09-12-09 12:40 PM
    Thanks ken, you hit the nail on the head.

09-13-09 09:34 AM

We can never forget - if we do, they win. My heart goes out to all the families who lost a loved one...and a country who lost its innocence

I couldn't of worded it any better myself. - the only history that repeats itself, is the history that is forgotten.

09-13-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD