Everyone receives that one gift that you say "OMG what were they thinking when they got me this?" It is the one gift you will either exchange immediately or re-gift to a person you are not too fond of next year. So what was the horrific gift you got this year?
    I received my 8th bottle of Beautiful perfume, needless to say, back to the store for either a new purse or a new fragrance. I don't even like the smell anymore.
    12-29-08 12:35 PM
    Everyone receives that one gift that you say "OMG what were they thinking when they got me this?" It is the one gift you will either exchange immediately or re-gift to a person you are not too fond of next year. So what was the horrific gift you got this year?
    I received my 8th bottle of Beautiful perfume, needless to say, back to the store for either a new purse or a new fragrance. I don't even like the smell anymore.

This did not happen to me but to my friend. My friend is the hair always done, nails alaways done, name brand head to toe, latest fashion type of person. NEVER wears sneaks or flats outside of the house. Her husbands brother got her a Snow Vest as a gift. You knwo the kind you get for a teacher - it is a knit vest with snowmen, snowflakes, etc, all over it. most defiantely not her type at all!!!!! they also got her a nail polish kit, you know the kind you get a preteen. It was HILARIOUS!!!!!
    12-29-08 01:17 PM
    The head injury I got a few days AFTER Christmas was extremely unwanted!
    12-29-08 02:14 PM
    My aunt is known for giving horrible gifts.

This year she gave me this HORRID Leather Vest with Random Fabric Patches.

Horrible.

But the Worst Thing I have gotten from her was in 2001 or 2002, My Aunt Got me Michael Jacksons CD-

I Beleive it was Invincible at the time.

Worst. Present. Ever. Like Epic.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-29-08 at 02:53 PM.
    12-29-08 02:50 PM
    Luckily I didn't get any of those this year, but last year...my aunts thought that it would be okay if they gave TOWELS for Christmas...WTF...
    12-29-08 02:57 PM

Horrible.

But the Worst Thing I have gotten from her was in 2001 or 2002, My Aunt Got me Michael Jacksons CD-

Yeah, both of these are horrible.
    12-29-08 02:58 PM
    Yea-

I Wanted To Cry.
    12-29-08 03:11 PM
    The head injury I got a few days AFTER Christmas was extremely unwanted!
    Ok THAT was freakin hilarious!!!!
    12-29-08 05:03 PM
    I received a head cold! Didn't ask for * wish for but must have deserved it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 09:15 PM
    Luckily I didn't get any of those this year, but last year...my aunts thought that it would be okay if they gave TOWELS for Christmas...WTF...
    It's funny that you say that. I actually received towels for Christmas. It's a set with one bath towel, one hand towel, and one washcloth. Solid white. They're still in the giftbag. I told my husband he could have them to use in the garage.
    01-10-09 12:13 AM
    i dont know how to start describe wat it is that my aunt got me...
    when you look at it...it looks like a little wooden book
    when you touch it it doesnt open
    when i shook it i could hear something in it
    apparently my aunt gave me a fake book that was actually a box that she stored something in?
    so acting like a 12 year old i was eager to open this thing up to see wat was in it. after about 20mins of pushing and pulling and banging it ( it seemed to have some sort of lock mechanism in it that you need to shift in order to open it)
    i get it open little by little i open it up..and inside
    is a nice....
    bag of packaging salt...wtf
    this lady gave me a fake wood book/007 box that had salt in it....
    thanx tia....youre awesome
    haha
    01-10-09 12:50 AM
    Mine isn't so much a bad gift (I really do try and see the good in everything- and it *is* a gift). ...as it was the comparison from my present to my sisters present.

Our parents got her a necklace with the mom, dad, and two kids in an embrace with all of their birthstones. -touching, yeah?

I got....

A pair of granny slippers. Yes, I said it!! Slippers.

Yeps, I'm the black sheep it seems.

01-10-09 12:59 AM

Horrible.

Do you have any pictures of the vest? lol

Mine isn't so much a bad gift (I really do try and see the good in everything- and it *is* a gift). ...as it was the comparison from my present to my sisters present.

Our parents got her a necklace with the mom, dad, and two kids in an embrace with all of their birthstones. -touching, yeah?

I got....

A pair of granny slippers. Yes, I said it!! Slippers.

Yeps, I'm the black sheep it seems.

Were they nice slippers at least? lol
    01-11-09 11:48 AM
    No joke, I got a scarf this year from a good friend. It was a fuzzy, and sort of ugly colors. But, I was grateful when I recv'd it. However, she told me after me opening it, that she got it free at a thrift store. Well needless to say, it is now in the garbage (of course, she does not know that).
    01-11-09 12:35 PM
    I pass on anything I can't use (gift or otherwise), to people that can actually get some use out of the items. Don't really look at gifts as being good bad or horrid. They are just what they are to me. The person thought enough to get me something. So for the last 15 years a group of friends, donate all our "Unwanted" gifts, to a couple of organizations, that pass on needed items to people and families that can use them.

We also as a group hit the going out of business sales this year to bought a lot of bedding and towels for the Red Cross and a for displaced families shelter. Hey those unwanted clothing items are perfect for people that get burned out of their homes. As a lady told me once, "Purple sweats with sparkles on them, look and feel much better than the t-shirt and panties you were wearing the night before, watching the apartment building you lived in go up in flames."

So when work gives out those last minute items, or gloves, knit caps and scarves, I know someone that needs them will be getting them.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-11-09 at 07:52 PM.
    01-11-09 07:49 PM
    no joke, worst "present" i ever got on Xmas

a Car Accident!!!

it was minor but still, dude, you do not want to have a car accident on xmas
    01-12-09 12:29 AM
    Do you have any pictures of the vest? lol
    Fortunately, I banished it to the Salvation Army.

Hopefully Some Hipster is Rocking that Thing Out LOL
    01-12-09 03:18 PM
    i dont know how to start describe wat it is that my aunt got me...
    when you look at it...it looks like a little wooden book
    when you touch it it doesnt open
    when i shook it i could hear something in it
    apparently my aunt gave me a fake book that was actually a box that she stored something in?
    so acting like a 12 year old i was eager to open this thing up to see wat was in it. after about 20mins of pushing and pulling and banging it ( it seemed to have some sort of lock mechanism in it that you need to shift in order to open it)
    i get it open little by little i open it up..and inside
    is a nice....
    bag of packaging salt...wtf
    this lady gave me a fake wood book/007 box that had salt in it....
    thanx tia....youre awesome
    haha
    LOL last year my uncle gave me a wooden box that looked like a gift. It was a puzzle box. It took me awhile to figure it out (and no there was no smoke coming out of my ears). I finally got it- it was being held together at one end by magnets- I knocked it on the brick fireplace and the end came off. My gift was better though- it was an AMEX gift card

I got Vermont maple syrup from my Sister-in-law this year- which I hate and for some reason I keep getting it- don't know why. Every time its on the table at family gathering's I make sure to speak up regarding my dislike for runny syrup- give me the artificial stuff!

One year my Dad got my Mom a Pink Panther Sweatshirt (which was pink). That didn't go over well at all.
    01-13-09 10:54 PM
    haha man i would wanna get the pink panther sweatshirt over my bday gift every year from my other aunt

ever year she gets me guava (its a spanish thing)
    and every year its either in the garbage or i give it to my mom
    i just dont think any of my aunts care for me too much
    haha
    01-14-09 04:46 AM
    From the giving side of it.....

I gave a buddy a shamwow as a joke. I still haven't heard any postive or negative feedback on it from him.
    01-14-09 05:39 AM
    haha i would love a shamWOW

that or a snuggy
    01-14-09 05:41 AM
    After-shave lotion. I've had a beard for so many years I can't remember...
    01-14-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD