If you had more than 24 posts, people would listen.
    What does posts count have to do with anything? People that think the amount of posts you have adds up to you knowing what you are talking about are idiotic. You want proof of that? Look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...2012-a-731529/

The only post that person ever made on CrackBerry and he brought bad news. So, naturally, the majority of people replying to him made fools of themselves by instantly attacking him, then it turned out he was right.
    spectre229 likes this.
    08-31-12 03:05 PM
    It will be out when it's ready to be out.
    08-31-12 03:10 PM
    What does posts count have to do with anything? People that think the amount of posts you have adds up to you knowing what you are talking about are idiotic. You want proof of that? Look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...2012-a-731529/

The only post that person ever made on CrackBerry and he brought bad news. So, naturally, the majority of people replying to him made fools of themselves by instantly attacking him, then it turned out he was right.
    I agree the number of posts someone has means absolutely nothing! Everybody needs to chill. We'll see BB10 when we see it.
    spectre229 likes this.
    08-31-12 03:44 PM
    I agree the number of posts someone has means absolutely nothing! Everybody needs to chill. We'll see BB10 when we see it.
    If not LATER!
    08-31-12 03:57 PM
    if the blade phone IS in the plans, RIM needs to tease it. They NEED to start teasing the actual BB10 devices NOW. and Get buzz going. Nobody is going to line up to buy the phones in January if they don't even know what the phones are going to be untill then!
    I didn't really disagree with this post until this part. It is a TERRIBLE business practice to leak devices 2 cycles away before even announcing your next devices. In fact, the first BB10 devices will need to be on the market for a while before RIM would want info about their next devices to get out. There are definitely consumers out there that would pass on the first two BB10 phones if they knew the Blade was going to be coming 6 or so months later.

I actually felt until recently that RIM should avoid BB10 talk to the general public until closer to release because it would KILL BB7 sales, but those sales are dead already. RIM does need to get the word out about BB10 before the next iPhone and Android phones come out. At least get a teaser out there that will get people talking about it.
    08-31-12 04:21 PM
    I would bet there's many rumors flying around among RIM employees on when it will be released. I'm guessing even few of them actually know.
    08-31-12 04:36 PM
    Nothing like a"I got word" post to create 6 or 7 pages of raw nerves.
    bungaboy and diegonei like this.
    08-31-12 04:48 PM
    I heard a word too, and the word is LOVE. Also the time is near (and also NOW)! Listen to Yes!......

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep5_HL9A_PA[/YT]
    08-31-12 05:24 PM
    The Source had their convention in Toronto last week and apparently BB10 will launch in March 2013. The Source is owned by Bell. Maybe that is when they'll be releasing it. Don't shoot the messenger as I've also heard it as well and won't divulge my source.
    08-31-12 06:10 PM
    I don't know why people are upset. March is better than June or later which it may even change to ..... I can live with March if they get it right.
    08-31-12 06:22 PM
    They are almost finished now so why would it take 6 or 7 months more?
    We will see how near finish they are when the next SDK is released. The latest one is littered with bugs. My Dev Alpha bricked itself twice already for no apparent reason. And half of my Playbook apps don't work properly on the current build. No idea what on earth is wrong so can't even find a fix.
    08-31-12 06:22 PM
    Hmmm interesting. Did you know that the bird was the word?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184[/YT]
    08-31-12 07:01 PM
    And what are the folks in Cupertino and Mountain View going to do when BB10 comes out.......

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2lC7DQFMI[/YT]
    sleepngbear and battery like this.
    08-31-12 10:10 PM
    And what are the folks in Cupertino and Mountain View going to do when BB10 comes out.......

I captured a few of his performances and put them on the pb.

I have to admit that I am tending to believe any rumors of additional delay. They are generally more accurate than any rumors of on-time performance.
    08-31-12 11:54 PM
    Faulty analogy my friend. Things like this have been said in the past all the time - some came out to be right, some not. Just because one was right, we cannot assume all are right, or that this one will be right.
    People should be skeptical! However, what's really low class is assuming it's wrong, and proudly, admitting they're MOCKING the OP, who was very polite, and upfront about what he heard.

When BB10 is released, this thread should be revived. If it is in January, the OP can admit his source was wrong. If it ends up getting delayed to March, every person who MOCKED the OP, should publicly apologize.

PS. There was no need....beyond emotional hysteria to make sure it says "unsubstantiated" rumor. ALL rumors are unsubstantiated initially.
    09-01-12 06:18 AM
    Unsubstantiated rumor should have rung a bell..\ I don't even know what's gonna happen when it hits midnight and 2013 begins..
    esk369 likes this.
    09-01-12 07:14 AM
    Mods don't even lock this.
    DELETE IT.
    Why is this thread still open?
    09-01-12 10:02 AM
    I didn't really disagree with this post until this part. It is a TERRIBLE business practice to leak devices 2 cycles away before even announcing your next devices. In fact, the first BB10 devices will need to be on the market for a while before RIM would want info about their next devices to get out. There are definitely consumers out there that would pass on the first two BB10 phones if they knew the Blade was going to be coming 6 or so months later.

I actually felt until recently that RIM should avoid BB10 talk to the general public until closer to release because it would KILL BB7 sales, but those sales are dead already. RIM does need to get the word out about BB10 before the next iPhone and Android phones come out. At least get a teaser out there that will get people talking about it.
    Yes, but the reality is the MAJORITY of consumers can afford one luxury item like a new cell phone only once in a while (contract renewal, once a year, gift, etc.). Myself included. I'd love to drop cash like it's a career on whatever I want, whenever I want. But I can't do that and neither can most people. Like I said, I want the slider first and foremost, but I also want BB10 as soon as possible after release, so if I hear nothing about the slider when BB10 launches I will most likely pick up the full touch device, and if a slider comes along after then I will have to pass on that. So in reality RIM will get my money once, when they get it is a moot point in my opinion, and I'd prefer they give the most basic info to help me spend my money in the best way that I want.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-12 10:30 AM
    For something that is apparently so close to release, nothing really has surfaced, only RIM saying carriers, developers, everyone is so excited...

True, reviews are all good. But if it is so polished, so good, so ready - it would be here now. There is more than what meets the eye here. I personally, and just my opinion, think RIM are having some problems with BBM and this is causing the delay.

I would not be at all surprised if RIM delay the launch. I am struggling to believe that something so good would not be out by now. And Thorsten, with respect, you could see the seams - but in honesty, there will always be seams! Things are going to soar with Android and the iPhone 5. I don't see why they want to wait.

I still have opinions whether this will actually be released... Probably I just have no confidence in them till I see something. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed till March.
    09-01-12 12:28 PM
    People who spread rumors need a good kick in the !!!
    09-01-12 01:01 PM
    For something that is apparently so close to release, nothing really has surfaced, only RIM saying carriers, developers, everyone is so excited...

Its not just rim saying it, its also all the news agencies and blogs.. so Its hard to believe they would release something to the media that will be delayed.. but who knows.. I guess we'll find out when they officially release the date.
    09-01-12 01:53 PM
    Much like politics, I don't think any rumors are going to change people's minds. It's based more on the negative or positive view of RIM that people have.

When Heins talked about seeing the seams, I got the impression he was talking about the platform/ecosystem pieces, not so much the handset. Like BES10, for example.
    diegonei and middbrew like this.
    09-01-12 03:18 PM
    I just got word that BB10 will be out in less than 5000 days.
    09-03-12 08:42 PM

True, reviews are all good. But if it is so polished, so good, so ready - it would be here now. There is more than what meets the eye here. I personally, and just my opinion, think RIM are having some problems with BBM and this is causing the delay.

I would not be at all surprised if RIM delay the launch. I am struggling to believe that something so good would not be out by now. And Thorsten, with respect, you could see the seams - but in honesty, there will always be seams! Things are going to soar with Android and the iPhone 5. I don't see why they want to wait.

I still have opinions whether this will actually be released... Probably I just have no confidence in them till I see something. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed till March.
    It could be delayed, but official pictures of prerelease units are not the norm. I don't remember of any company doing that. There have been as many leaked photos as any other prerelease device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 04:27 PM
    TORONTO | Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:19am BST

(Reuters) - Shares of Research In Motion fell 3.5 percent on Tuesday after an analyst warned that the company's make-or-break line of new BlackBerry smartphones is unlikely to hit store shelves until March, weeks later than investors had hoped.

Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM, a pioneer in the smartphone industry, has struggled over the past year or longer. Its aging line-up of BlackBerrys has been unable to compete with Apple Inc's iPhone and a slew of devices that run on Google Inc's Android software.

RIM is now working toward the launch of a new line of devices that will run on its new BlackBerry 10 operating system. RIM has said the long-awaited line will launch in the first-quarter of 2013.

"We had hoped for a January launch but now see a March launch as more likely," said Jefferies analyst Peter Misek in a note to clients.

Shares of RIM fell 3.5 percent to $7.96 in early trading on the Nasdaq, while its Toronto-listed shares fell 3.4 percent to C$7.77.

"We're on track for a launch in the first-quarter of 2013," reiterated a spokesman for RIM, in response to Misek's comment.

Misek also said he expects the company to face challenging conditions in the current quarter, as RIM's partners are being cautious about holding too many of the older Blackberry models in stock ahead of the launch of the new devices.

The company, earlier this year, also said it was exploring its strategic options.

Some analysts have speculated that this could lead to a sale of RIM or potential licensing deals with handset makers that are interested in using RIM's BB10 operating system on their own devices.

Misek believes though that such plans are far from imminent.

"We believe there is no imminent sale of Research In Motion and any licensing deals are likely well after the launch of BB10 in January," said Misek.
    10-10-12 08:14 AM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD