They are almost finished now so why would it take 6 or 7 months more?
    https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...nload/roadmap/

https://developer.blackberry.com/htm...nload/roadmap/

Those deadlines haven't been met yet.
    08-30-12 08:11 PM
    Well I guess cause many people like me is expecting it come January. I did mention its still q1.
    Yes, we are expecting January because Thorsten Heins said January....I think I will take his word over this mystery employee. Yes, there have been delays in the past, but that was before RIM seemed to get their act together and before they actually started to focus on the task at hand.
    08-30-12 08:19 PM
    I just got the word that crackberry Kevin will be marrying bb10. And we all are invited in. 2013.
    08-30-12 08:26 PM
    The delay from Q4 2012 to Q1 2013 was the first delay under Heins' control. He has stated that it was only a 2 month delay and it could have been pushed out prior to 2012 holidays.

This delay was probably more backlash from the Mike/Jim era.
    08-30-12 08:34 PM
    I don't think its sensitive to poke fun at someone who comes out of the blue to declare with complete resolve that BB10 devices are coming much later than assumed. OP, to suggest this is a blind reaction similar to a cult only brings further doubt on your intentions.
    FunktasticLucky likes this.
    08-30-12 09:40 PM
    I think I'll wait for the official word before reacting.
    08-30-12 10:18 PM
    Well OP I believe you because I have no faith in this company meeting a deadline at all. I opined that if BBM was not on the 4g Playbook (which I still have no idea why released without BBM or 2.1) and due to the Dev alpha being released as late as May having a modified version of OS2 not BB10 that there was no way a final version could be released before the holiday season not to mention Q1 2013. What also scares me is that every other manufacturer at some point gives a definite release date of their products and not a vague 3-6 month timetable to confuse current or potential customers unless you have no idea when or if the product will be released. Also what people fail to realize is that it will take an enormous amount of money to market BB10 which is probably why it will be first released in a region where RIM can compete and with only 2.2 billion vs the Scrooge McDuck money Google, Apple and Microsoft have Rim is going to need a bigger boat! I just hope it's as bug free as possible because every new OS is a work in progress even after it's introduced.
    08-30-12 11:17 PM
    Wow. Seems to be a fair bit of these false posts now that RIM is getting some serious momentum. Probably just shorts protecting their position; hoping to not get squeezed and have to cover. I'm going to keep buying.

Go RIM!
    08-30-12 11:33 PM
    So, an alleged insider is contradicting the CEO's projections which now means it won't be ready for 7 months instead of 5... OK...
    08-30-12 11:50 PM
    I remember the first time I got word...
    I really laughed out loud when i read this
    esk369 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:59 PM
    I remember the first time I got word...
    Word to your mother ...
    08-31-12 12:19 AM
    the word came from a RIM employee that is a good personal friend. Hey, shoot my post down, it doesn't really matter, when it comes, then don't be crying. I'm already sad with the news already. I'll still chug along and wait like everyone else and hope for something more than my fruity phone.

BTW....I seriously hope she's wrong....she wasn't wrong when they delayed OS2.
    I honestly spoke to my friend who works at rim today.

We had an argument whether the qwerty bb18 hardware is complete.

He told me the hardware is not even close to complete and devs work on the software hasn't even started yet. Then I asked him how the two bb10 phones are making thief rounds if one of them is not complete. He stopped messaging me.

Not everyone at rim knows what's going on with bb10.
    Last edited by narci; 08-31-12 at 12:45 AM.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-31-12 12:42 AM
    Wasn't Q1 the stated timeframe? How would this be a delay?
    08-31-12 05:28 AM
    Just delete this thread mods before people start to panic again.. Let's keep things calm on CrackBerry and not spead rumors that havent been officially confirmed.
    08-31-12 06:02 AM
    its funny how this forum has become so sensitive
    Haven't you learned by now. Fanboys don't like to hear sad news. They only want to hear everything is peachy.

Yes, we are expecting January because Thorsten Heins said January....I think I will take his word over this mystery employee. Yes, there have been delays in the past, but that was before RIM seemed to get their act together and before they actually started to focus on the task at hand.
    Yeah, its not like Heins ever announced a delay under his tenure. RIM got their act together? Focused on the task at hand? Really? What have you seen of substance? All I've seen is slides and vaporware. Unfortunately with RIM its now "I'll believe it when I see it". Although anyone can be wrong, for me the OP's post is far more credible than anything RIM says or what the fanboys post here.

Just delete this thread mods before people start to panic again.. Let's keep things calm on CrackBerry and not spead rumors that havent been officially confirmed.
    Yeah...censorship is sooo under-rated and under-used. Except when the rumors are positive. Then its okay. No reliable source required.
    08-31-12 07:23 AM
    I got more word before i got married...
    08-31-12 07:37 AM
    While there is no official word on this why is anyone in here going to be surprised if it is in fact true? I can't remember a single time in the last several years that RIM has made a deadline. Its already pathetic that we have to wait until next year, but another delay would be catastrophic for RIM, even if its only a couple of months.
    08-31-12 07:41 AM
    I've decided that I don't care. I'm still in love with my 9810.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    08-31-12 07:45 AM
    If they're almost done, then why would it take 5 more months? Somehow 5 is fine but 6 or 7 is too long?
    Well, considering they are now giving them out to the carriers to test them, then yes, 6 or 7 months is too long.
    They have reached a degree of satisfaction with the product and are now having them tested and previewing them with the media too.
    08-31-12 07:53 AM

Calm down folks. It's a rumor, not a press release. Take it for what it is, and continue on with your life.
    pkcable, Toodeurep and Bobcat665 like this.
    08-31-12 07:58 AM
    I honestly spoke to my friend who works at rim today.

We had an argument whether the qwerty bb18 hardware is complete.

He told me the hardware is not even close to complete and devs work on the software hasn't even started yet. Then I asked him how the two bb10 phones are making thief rounds if one of them is not complete. He stopped messaging me.

Not everyone at rim knows what's going on with bb10.
    You seem to have friends at RIM who simply don't know what they're talking about. I can confirm to you that, while qwerty device development isn't as far as ahead as the full touch screen device development, it is still quite far along. The software that will be used to power the full touch screen models will also be used to power the qwerty key board models. With that, I am not sure how it can be claimed that dev work has not started. The OS will be dynamic - it will show or hide certain things (such as the virtual keyboard) depending on what the device type is.

Now keep in mind that not all RIM employees are briefed as much as about each piece of BB10 development as others. You friend may be just be making an assumption, because they have not heard of any news come to them.
    Last edited by S180; 08-31-12 at 08:02 AM.
    08-31-12 07:59 AM
    What have you seen of substance? All I've seen is slides and vaporware. Unfortunately with RIM its now "I'll believe it when I see it".
    You might wanna ask Kevin or READ his preview about that "vaporware"
    08-31-12 07:59 AM
    This reminds me of the backlash a few months ago when someone posted BB10 wouldn't be out in 2012. I forget, what happened that time? Oh yeah, now I remember, the OP in that case was RIGHT!

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...2012-a-731529/
    dynot, kevinnugent and Rello like this.
    08-31-12 08:05 AM
    You might wanna ask Kevin or READ his preview about that "vaporware"
    Actually I did. Still haven't seen anything of substance.
    08-31-12 08:22 AM
    Actually I did. Still haven't seen anything of substance.
    Just because YOU havent seen it, doesnt make it vaporware. BB10 may never come to market (severely unlikely) but the devices and software do exist. There are many people that have physically handled the devices, and used them.
    08-31-12 08:28 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD