Is there any software that lets you unformate a memory card that's already been formatted?
    06-27-10 10:19 AM
    You don't need software. On your computer right click the SD Card and select format. You can choose how you want the card formatted. Save whatever is on the card. Once you reformatt it will erase the whole card. This goes for anything that can be formatted.
    06-27-10 12:45 PM
    Sadly i did the same to my SD card in my camera, lost everything. There are stuff out there for recovery but they all seem to work on some and not on others for some reason. There free ones like Z.A.R. , but then there are some you pay for like Win-Hex. These both work as long as you havent used the card since you formatted it as this just over writes the deleted files and images.
    Good luck and i hope something helps you out.
    06-27-10 01:03 PM
    Is there any software that lets you unformate a memory card that's already been formatted?
    What are you asking? You want to unformat a formatted memory card? That tells me you want to completely destroy any and all information on the card.

That is easy. First step, delete everything on the card.

Second, copy a whole bunch of files from you PC to the memory card and fill it up. All previous information is now gone.
    06-27-10 02:58 PM
    I think the OP want to recover data from a memory card that has been formatted.

There are programs out there, but I've never had to deal with this issue much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 03:20 PM
    Depends on the format. This kind of memory can't always be recovered, when you do an actual erase of flash memory the bits themselves on the card are most often set to all 1's, or 0xFF in each location. No recovery possible.
    06-27-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD