Anyone else unemployed?
    This economy sucks.
    I haven't been unemployed in almost 5 years, and at the time I was still living with my parents so it didn't matter too much.
    Not too many hits in the job market, either.
    I've had five interviews in a week.
    My fiance and I, both laid off, have been turned down for having too much experience or deserving more funds than they wish to give.
    My guy even dropped $10 off his last hourly rate for an asking price, and still, nothing, in almost 6 weeks.

So........how are you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 12:10 AM
    Yep unemployed here except I'm 25 with no college degree and some ridiculous unemployment rule states you can't attend school while unemployed which is major BS. At least the interviews are coming in for you. I have had zero luck and am probably going to have to go the temp service route. You are definitely not alone in the unemployment market on CB

05-02-09 12:17 AM
    Whoa. I'll be 25 in August. I'm looking to take some night/weekend college courses. I didn't know about that school thing. I'd have thought they wouldn't care, as long as they're getting paid.
    Good thing it doesn't look like they have Early Education classes until the fall......

05-02-09 12:25 AM
    Sadly, a very large portion of my clients reported unemployment on their 2008 Taxes...

This economy has affected my community a lot, as I'm sure it has with others.
    05-02-09 08:46 AM
    You can't go to class full-time here in Michigan unless it is not going to affect a decent job offer. I had to just state that some of my classes are online and therefore I can do them at any time.

So now I go to class and collect unemployment. Though I am getting off it now and starting a temp contract job.

05-02-09 02:24 PM
    I GOT OFFERED A JOB!

Woohoo!!

It's a little less than what I wanted...$2/hr less than my last position. Which equals, after taxes, about $200 less per month. Which sucks, but...hey, it's better than unemployment!

Going to be working with an almost 8 month old infant. An Indian family, so no meat for lunch for me
    Which is great, since I'm back on my diet and eating mostly soy products over meat products. How convenient!

I'm so happy to have found work again 3 weeks unemployed.
    05-04-09 02:27 PM
    Grats. Anything is good in this economy. Plus you can keep looking while working.
    05-04-09 02:31 PM
    I GOT OFFERED A JOB!

Woohoo!!

It's a little less than what I wanted...$2/hr less than my last position. Which equals, after taxes, about $200 less per month. Which sucks, but...hey, it's better than unemployment!

Going to be working with an almost 8 month old infant. An Indian family, so no meat for lunch for me
    Which is great, since I'm back on my diet and eating mostly soy products over meat products. How convenient!

What are you going to be doing?
    05-04-09 10:18 PM
    Babywatching?
    05-05-09 09:47 AM
    Yep unemployed here except I'm 25 with no college degree and some ridiculous unemployment rule states you can't attend school while unemployed which is major BS. At least the interviews are coming in for you. I have had zero luck and am probably going to have to go the temp service route. You are definitely not alone in the unemployment market on CB

This must be a state thing which I agree is ridiculous. I have been laid off since September but have continued school with only four classes left to go. When I file weekly unemployment I sometimes get the supplemental questions that ask if I am in school or attending a training course. As long as it doesn't interfere with a job offer I am not penalized for it.
    05-05-09 11:30 AM
    Gawd, I feel bad.
    Microsoft just laid off another 3600 people today. My brother was one of them. >.<

05-05-09 06:58 PM
    I GOT OFFERED A JOB!

Woohoo!!

hello Sodakitty,
    even i would like to know what is it that you are going to do? even i am an indian. not in USA, but just interested to know.
    thanks

05-11-09 12:13 AM
    Quoting myself: "Going to be working with an almost 8 month old infant."

I'm a nanny

05-11-09 01:59 AM
    a child minder for those of you across the pond
    05-11-09 02:36 AM
    Read the book "What Color is Your Parachute 2009 A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career Changers" by Richard Bolles.
    I have to read it for a class, its very informational. Bolles updates this book every year. I hope this book will help you!

05-11-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD