Apparently this has been confusing...this is in regards to the company CarID.

I recently made my first purchase and it has been regrettable and unexcusable. For a company that prides itself so highly on its customer service, this is sub-par to say the least.

I recently placed a parts order and they were gracious enough to offer free shipping. I was very happy and excited to deal with them. I dealt with Scott Witte and this is where the story becomes not so exciting.

I emailed my first response Nov. 22. to assure I would get my parts while I was home for break.

Scott responded that he would get back to me that day with an answer.

On Nov. 25, I still had not gotten any response. So I emailed him asking if there was an update.

Got a response on Nov. 26 saying he would have an answer by 1pm Eastern time.

Nov. 30 rolls around and no response. I email him.

Dec. 1 I get an email from him that says I was sent an email saying my item was delayed. I did. However, Scott assured me AFTER I got that email that he was still looking into getting it sooner, yet no response.

I reply asking if all he had to do was pull up my account and see, why could he not have done so when he promised me a response TWICE?

He told me I should have known that it was delayed and there was nothing he could do because I got an email.

-Here's the problem with that, don't say you "will look into it and give a response" if you aren't going to.

-I was the one who had to initiate several messages to finally get a response. After DAYS.

-I was told it was being looked into, yet it wasn't. Only to find out it was a very simple and quick process for him to do, yet it took him the course of the week.

Moreover, their CS is NOT 24/7 and NOT quick to respond. For a company that claims to be so customer centric, they hardly act that way with their customers. I sent several emails to their general customer service, too after not getting a response. I got ZERO replies from any of them.

It is my sincerest regret to warn people not to deal with them unless you want a headache, delays and have to remind customer service that you even exist, only to be told you should have figured things out on your own and left to your own devices.

This is not how a business should act and I find it unacceptable.
    Last edited by donmateo; 12-06-13 at 11:13 AM.
    12-03-13 12:56 PM
    lot of companies do that, but is because of that persons that doest care, a process of 5 minutes they made a week because their awful way to work
    12-04-13 10:08 AM
    Correct and it is important that these companies don't sweep it under the rug. People need to know of businesses that don't care for their customers, for they will fall.
    12-04-13 11:33 AM
    Also to add, I got an email for a shipping delay til 12-9-13 and their website STILL says IN STOCK and 24-48hr shipping.
    12-04-13 07:05 PM
    Well, you went as far as naming a specific person, but you never said what company you were dealing with.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    12-06-13 01:05 AM
    If you look at the title it very clearly says "CarID"

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:12 AM
    If you look at the title it very clearly says "CarID"

Posted via CB10

CarlD, is a persons name, of what company we have no idea.

Or is it "Car ID"
    12-06-13 10:24 AM
    What company?

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    12-06-13 10:30 AM
    CarID is a company, Scott is the rep.

http://www.carid.com/

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:07 AM
    I was contacted by a manager at CarID and he offered me a resolution that is acceptable. I am glad that we were able to work this out and hopefully this will not be an issue for anyone in the future.

Thanks, Jon @ CarID for stepping up.
    12-06-13 11:55 AM
    I've been trying to give CarID time to fix yet ANOTHER issue with the same order now, though. When I opened the fogs I found a blatant quality control issue. 3 major chips in the finish. So I email Jon Frattini at CarID, the "Vendor Relations manager" who responds to blame UPS and says he's forwarded it to the CS manager for immediate response. That was 12/18/13....heard nothing for 3 days from ANYONE. Sent an email to Jon on Saturday, 12/21/13....still no response from ANYONE. It is now 12-27-13 and STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE!!!

I wasn't going to make a scene, but if they thought last time was bad, they are messing with the wrong person. I am NOT happy.

And in response to several of my car forum members' offer to help spread the word....

I really appreciate it. I will take to every forum I am a member of, join every car forum they are on, their Facebook and Twitter and any other means to let everyone know. I will then fight to have them removed as a vendor on this, and all AutoGuide forums. I'm off of school for another 3 1/2 weeks, I have time to let everyone on the internet know what scumbags, liars, and scammers CARiD.com
    12-27-13 01:02 PM