so this is totally off topic... but i think i might have broken my foot?? the bone right behind my big toe has been hurting for about 3 days, and when i touch it, it moves and the other side doesn't. so, since i've never broken anything before... what does it feel like to break your foot?
    09-04-08 10:20 AM
    I actually have some experience with this one. I broke two bones, chipped the top off the joint in the middle of the foot, and almost tore two tendons all in the same foot, all at the same time. I broke the same bone you're talking about but closer to the middle of the foot. I knew it was f*&%ed the second i did it too. It swelled to about double its normal size, almost instantly turned black and blue, and forget about walking on it. If i was you i'd ice it every couple of hours for the next two days and if it still hurts bad go get it checked out. Sorry about your luck btw.
    09-04-08 07:11 PM
    ouchhhh! Get it checked b4 it gets worse!
    09-04-08 07:20 PM
    if it hurts - get to the doctor!!

i was training for a 5k and was running 2 miles per day. i was doing great until i started having pain on my left foot. i just ignored it and kept running. BUT it kept getting worse until the morning i woke up and it hurt just to move my toes. i went to the doctor ASAP that morning and turns out i was tearing my achilles tendon! so no more running for a while and i had to go to physical therapy!!! i probably would have torn the tendon (read: major surgury) if i kept ignoring the pain!

GO TO THE DOCTOR!!

ps...let us know what happens
    09-04-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD