Tap on the browser...starts loading then...stops. Can't open yahoo, facebook, youtube, yahoo mail...nothing. Just gets locked up after 3 seconds.

Got it at 6 pm tonight, worked fine until an hour ago when I tried to check my yahoo email. Restarted 3 times, still nothing. It's not my network as my laptops are running super fast.

About to take this thing back tomorrow.
    06-26-11 12:15 AM
    Try deleting thw wifi profile and re-adding it.

Also try foinf into the wifi profiles, select saved wifi and edit the profile. Scroll down and choose either 2.4 or 5..not dual and see if that works.

What type of. Encryption you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 12:28 AM
    i think i heard somewhere about a problem like that,problem was the wifi router.The pb has a problem with the wpa2 encryption of some routers and just keeps up locking up the data transfer from time to time,workaround is to switch from wpa2 to wep i think,but not quite sure.
    But maybe its something totaly different
    06-26-11 12:34 AM
    Well it is now opening some sites, youtube, google, bing, facebook. But it will not open yahoo or yahoo mail. They open easily on my DroidX and my laptops.

So frustrating.
    06-26-11 12:56 AM
    Well it is now opening some sites, youtube, google, bing, facebook. But it will not open yahoo or yahoo mail. They open easily on my DroidX and my laptops.

So frustrating.
    You asked for advice, to which tablet to take... the PB has a lot of flaws at the moment, dropping Wifi among them etc... well... don't complain now, most told you to get the HTC flyer as you've got the Droid X.
    06-26-11 02:42 AM

So frustrating.
    Technology! I had a similar issue.

Try no security on your router, test again. If all sites work then it's the security settings. Delete the saved settings, change router to wep, test again.

06-26-11 03:06 AM
    Possible Help On This;
    Using WPA2 -> Change the SSID encryption from AES to TKIP on the router.
    Or, if that doesn't help change the SSID encryption to WPA instead of WPA2.

PlayBook does not yet likes every router is my experience.
    06-26-11 03:09 AM
    yahoo and yahoomail open just fine on my PB.
    Reset your router and modem. And then clear the PB browser cache and try again.
    06-26-11 03:24 AM
    i think i heard somewhere about a problem like that,problem was the wifi router.The pb has a problem with the wpa2 encryption of some routers and just keeps up locking up the data transfer from time to time,workaround is to switch from wpa2 to wep i think,but not quite sure.t
    If you are going to advise someone to downgrade their encryption from WPA2 at least suggest WPA before WEP. WEP is easily decrypted with freely available utilities on the Internet and only provides the illusion of security for the most part which might suffice at StarBucks but at home practice safe computing.
    06-26-11 07:18 AM
    You asked for advice, to which tablet to take... the PB has a lot of flaws at the moment, dropping Wifi among them etc... well... don't complain now, most told you to get the HTC flyer as you've got the Droid X.
    very helpful answer

06-26-11 07:26 AM
    If you are going to advise someone to downgrade their encryption from WPA2 at least suggest WPA before WEP. WEP is easily decrypted with freely available utilities on the Internet and only provides the illusion of security for the most part which might suffice at StarBucks but at home practice safe computing.
    my tip was just to see if the router is the problem,didnt mean he should stay with wep,and wasnt sure myself maybe it was wpa,like said wasnt sure anyways
    06-26-11 07:36 AM
    My suggestion was for testing purpose. Turning the security off only to test. I am sure the PB has issues with some security settings on certain routers.
    06-26-11 07:41 AM
    Between the posts about updating OS's with a 2MB file and posts like this where people come on to complain about things that are easily fixable. I'm about to stop reading these forums. This is not a playbook issue yet you threaten us with taking it back? Who cares, if you don't want to take the advice of the people here then don't bother posting. My PB uses WPA2 on every single router I've come in contact with or use on a regular basis. **** I use 2 cisco routers in my own home with WPA2, never dropped signal or "froze" on me.

So if you'd like help then fine, otherwise see yourself to the door. Sorry for the angry post, but its annoying to read this stuff everyday.
    06-26-11 09:07 AM
    just unplug your router for 10sec then plug it back in.
    06-26-11 03:45 PM
    and update: got tired of dealing with the PB and returned it. Got the ipad2 on the 28th of june. A whole world of difference. So fast, so smooth, love it. No issues. I came here and see page after page of issues, temporary fixes, try this, try that....life is too short. No I'm not a troll, but seriously, there is no comparison.
    luna9698 likes this.
    07-27-11 11:06 PM
    and update: Got tired of dealing with the pb and returned it. Got the ipad2 on the 28th of june. A whole world of difference. So fast, so smooth, love it. No issues. I came here and see page after page of issues, temporary fixes, try this, try that....life is too short. No i'm not a troll, but seriously, there is no comparison.
    is the screen clearer than the pb?or the speakers as good as pb?
    07-27-11 11:08 PM
    Honestly, I think the screen is stunning. Perhaps because it is larger makes it seem better. The PB screen was wonderful as well. Has only one speaker, and sounds decent. Never listened to the PB speaker, it wouldn't hold an internet connection longer than 4 minutes at a time without locking up.

Really did not want to be another ipad drone, but I am really impressed with it's fluidity, ease of use, overall smoothness.
    07-27-11 11:16 PM
    Honestly, I think the screen is stunning. Perhaps because it is larger makes it seem better. The PB screen was wonderful as well. Has only one speaker, and sounds decent. Never listened to the PB speaker, it wouldn't hold an internet connection longer than 4 minutes at a time without locking up.

Really did not want to be another ipad drone, but I am really impressed with it's fluidity, ease of use, overall smoothness.
    well then good luck to you.
    07-27-11 11:20 PM
    So you bought a PlayBook and returned it cause it wasn't working out for you, then got something else. No big deal, it's not going to be for everyone. Although personally I think you gave up on the PB too soon, it's your money and your choice, so best of luck and enjoy your iPad.

Nothing else really needs to be said on this issue.
    07-27-11 11:41 PM
    It was the router, for some stupid reason playbooks don't like some of them. Now by saying it was the router doesn't mean it was broken.
    07-28-11 03:37 PM
    Someone lock this thread already....
    OverShadow417 likes this.
    07-28-11 04:18 PM

So frustrating.
    It's called "professional-grade"
    07-28-11 04:34 PM
    sheeeeesh ya'll can't seem to learn to move along and stop attacking each other. Thread cleaned.
    Stay on topic, and if you can't then stay out of the thread.
    07-28-11 04:53 PM
    Yeah, someone didn't like the PB....oh no...don't let the word get out...lock the thread! You guys are so paranoid...it's quite amusing for me. Read the posts...you guys are the nasty ones, not me, but you want the thread locked. Amazing.....keep your heads in the sand, just like RIM has done, you will end up just like the CNBC article states.
    07-28-11 04:54 PM
    Yeah, someone didn't like the PB....oh no...don't let the word get out...lock the thread! You guys are so paranoid...it's quite amusing for me. Read the posts...you guys are the nasty ones, not me, but you want the thread locked. Amazing.....keep your heads in the sand, just like RIM has done, you will end up just like the CNBC article states.
    Someone asked this thread to be locked. Why?
    Because there is no point in discussing the so-called WiFi problem that u had with PB (and not with iPad2) anymore.
    Besides, if u search before u post, there aredozens thread similar like yours already..
    And a locked thread will always remain in the forum (CMIIW), so users can learn from it (For example, for solution over some issue, problems, etc)

If there was someone who asked this thread to be DELETED (and afaik, it's only ur right to ask for it), then u can call us paranoid, nasty, etc..
    Happy you're glad with your iPad2 as I'm happy with my PB and SGT.
    Last edited by togardergrosse; 07-28-11 at 05:13 PM.
    07-28-11 05:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD