I see mir beating nogeira. But who knows with couture and lesner. If lesner hits you with one even semi decent punch, its lights out fast.
    Before Mir's accident, he would've beaten Noguera no problem. Mir broke both of his legs in that accident and hasn't been the same since. It'll be a war.

As far as Couture vs Lesner, I think experience and technique will prevail.
    09-05-08 08:33 AM
    Who here thinks Evans is gonna take Liddell?
    I think Evans might have a shot to upset Chuck but he'll have to find a way to take him down to do it. I haven't really seen anyone except the natural, take Chuck down with any success. Have you?
    By the way, I'm a big Kenny Florian fan. Love MMA. It will soon be the sport no one can deny has eclipsed boxing.
    09-05-08 11:28 AM
    Did anyone watch the Gina Vs. Julie mma fight?
    09-05-08 11:38 AM
    I think Evans might have a shot to upset Chuck but he'll have to find a way to take him down to do it. I haven't really seen anyone except the natural, take Chuck down with any success. Have you?
    By the way, I'm a big Kenny Florian fan. Love MMA. It will soon be the sport no one can deny has eclipsed boxing.

Ortiz has taken the "Iceman" down a couple times successfully, but didn't score much damage when he did.

Evans is freakishly strong and agile but Chuck strikes like a mule. If Evans can successfully take him down and control him on the ground, the fight is his. He just can't let Chuck gauge him. If Evans decides to stand with Chuck, its only a matter of time before Chuck knocks him out.
    09-05-08 01:19 PM
    Is that Elite XC?
    09-05-08 01:24 PM
    If Evans can successfully take him down and control him on the ground, the fight is his. He just can't let Chuck gauge him. If Evans decides to stand with Chuck, its only a matter of time before Chuck knocks him out.
    I agree 100%.
    09-05-08 02:07 PM
    Ortiz has taken the "Iceman" down a couple times successfully, but didn't score much damage when he did.

Evans is freakishly strong and agile but Chuck strikes like a mule. If Evans can successfully take him down and control him on the ground, the fight is his. He just can't let Chuck gauge him. If Evans decides to stand with Chuck, its only a matter of time before Chuck knocks him out.
    Yeah you're right about that. Whatever happens, I just hope it's not the typical Chuck fight where they don't engage too often. He has a tendency to just wait for the k.o punch to come. Other than that, it should be good.
    09-05-08 02:29 PM
    I just hope it's not the typical Chuck fight where they don't engage too often. He has a tendency to just wait for the k.o punch to come. Other than that, it should be good.
    Yeah, Liddell counter fights a lot!
    09-05-08 05:27 PM
    Yup, i saw that fight...............last year on the first Showtime Elite Xc show. i think thats when i declared Gina as my future wife.......(still working on asking her on a date, but i'm gettin there)
    09-05-08 07:41 PM
    Chuck got KTFO!!!
    09-06-08 11:41 PM
    Chuck got KTFO!!!
    my jaw is still on the floor after seeing that
    09-06-08 11:50 PM
    my jaw is still on the floor after seeing that
    I know! Who saw that coming? Lol
    09-07-08 12:23 AM
    If Evans decides to stand with Chuck, its only a matter of time before Chuck knocks him out.
    Boy was I wrong! Lol
    09-07-08 12:26 AM
    Chuck had it coming lol since his hands were down most of the time
    09-07-08 01:24 AM
    Boy was I wrong! Lol
    In your defense, I don't think anyone would have saw that one coming! Chuck needs to chill for a while after that loss. Evans is definitely here to stay. don't be surprised if he's another Spider Silva in the making.
    09-08-08 02:33 PM
    No way.. He's nowhere in the league of anderson silva.

Ill give rashad his respect.. He had a great gameplan to catch Chuck... And chuck played right into it.. He got too cocky and didn't respect rashads hands.. Came over to him hands down knowing he could get hit but figued he could take it.
    Bad idea chuck.
    I'm sure he's learned his lesson..
    I don't think he Liddel needs to change anything except his mindset.
    He's older now and has to realize the younger guys are going to be quicker and stronger.. Its time to start thinking like Couture and outsmarting your opponents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 02:43 PM
    No way.. He's nowhere in the league of anderson silva.

Ill give rashad his respect.. He had a great gameplan to catch Chuck... And chuck played right into it.. He got too cocky and didn't respect rashads hands.. Came over to him hands down knowing he could get hit but figued he could take it.
    Bad idea chuck.
    I'm sure he's learned his lesson..
    I don't think he Liddel needs to change anything except his mindset.
    He's older now and has to realize the younger guys are going to be quicker and stronger.. Its time to start thinking like Couture and outsmarting your opponents.

I don't think he's as good as Silva now. I just think he could be one to watch as he is undefeated and this KO will only boost his confidents through the roof. Remember, at one time , Silva was an up and comer as well.
    09-08-08 02:57 PM
    No matter what our opinions on the matter, it can only be great for the sport! Even if only for a great rematch. Good point on the Natural, though.
    09-08-08 03:01 PM
    Kimbo Slice
    Or Brock
    09-08-08 05:22 PM
    Brock easily over kimbo

Wrestlers dominate boxers

09-08-08 05:36 PM
    hey whats up vision, i want to thank you for making a comment a long time ago about training in BJJ i found like 3-4 BJJ camps out by my work and home that im about to look into. And yeah saturday night i was at the bar with my date (long time friend) and we were both "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SH*TTTTTTTTTTT" when he hit the floor like a rag doll. I actually felt bad for Chuck cuz he just laid there motionless for over a min. But im gonna guess that they might put Forrest/Evans in the december card, or the January Fight card. No way that they are gonna put them on the super bowl weekend card, im pretty sure they want the GSP vs BJ penn on that one,
    09-08-08 07:02 PM
    My jaw dropped when i saw that knockout saturday night!

all i can say is.. DAMN!!!

now.. bring on UFC 91
    09-08-08 07:14 PM
    Yeah, that KO kind of reminded me of when Chuck knocked Randy out in their 2nd match. Its always kind of sad to see one of the greatest fighters ever get owned like that.
    09-09-08 08:23 AM
    Seems like a lot of the TUF fighters are coming up...not sure what was going on with matt hamil. I'm surprised he did not go in for more take downs

09-09-08 11:56 AM
    I can't believe that Evan Tanner is dead! His body was found out in the California dessert. Officials say his death was due to heat exposure. I'm at a loss for words.......
    09-09-08 01:57 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD