Facebook 'Boobquake' group to 'prove boobs don't cause earthquakes'

An Iranian cleric bizarrely claimed that women in sexy clothes cause earthquakes, so thousands of ladies in Facebook's 'Boobquake' campaign will show off their assets this Monday to prove him wrong.

Boobquake: A news flash, quite literally

Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, but the explanation for the tremors by one cleric left a lot of people scratching their heads.
    Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi said: 'Many women who do not dress modestly... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes.'
    In order to prove him wrong, over 30,000 women have signed up to a Facebook group called Boobquake.
    It was started by Jennifer McCreight, who wants to test the cleric's claim scientifically, by getting thousands of women to show off their cleavages to see if any tectonic movements follow.
    'On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own,' she says. 'Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town.
    'I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty.
    'With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake. If not, I'm sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn't rumble�'

Her plea has met with resounding success, with thousands eagerly promising to flaunt their wares.
    Group member Rebecca Hogan trumpeted: '**** yes. They will be out in force.' And Jenny Love remarked: 'My puppies will be delighted to be there.'
    We will do our best to keep you abreast of any further developments with the Boobquake group�
    04-22-10 08:42 AM
    Actually this makes perfect sense.
    04-22-10 09:03 AM
    I am actually kind of scared. If I was in a room with thousands upon thousands of boobs, it could possibly kill me.
    04-22-10 09:47 AM
    I am actually kind of scared. If I was in a room with thousands upon thousands of boobs, it could possibly kill me.
    If I was in that room, I'd want to be supportive of the cause.
    04-22-10 10:16 AM
    I say, you get all them women in their bras, then have them jump 'n jiggle around reenacting as if they were in an earthquake.

Get it on tape, package it with a tub of vaseline, then send it to those Iranian and have them think they were right.

Then conveniently leak that on youtube.
    04-22-10 10:18 AM
    Those Iranians are a bunch of boobs if they believe immodesty causes earthquakes. If I had a whole country that would believe every word I say, I'd make the claim that modesty causes earthquakes and encourage all the patriotic women to be immodest. . That's just me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 04-22-10 at 11:11 AM.
    04-22-10 11:08 AM
    I love boobies.
    04-22-10 11:35 AM
    I love eggs that look like boobies.
    04-22-10 11:50 AM
    If being immodest caused earthquakes, there would be a gigantic fissure underneath my apartment.

04-22-10 12:00 PM
    If I was in that room, I'd want to be supportive of the cause.
    ROTFLMAO!

I love boobies.
    +1, or should I say, +2.

If being immodest caused earthquakes, there would be a gigantic fissure underneath my apartment.

Hey now!

Seriously, I bet some pre-pubescent boys are to blame for this just to get all these women showing their wares on Monday.

Come to think of it, why didn't I think of that!
    04-22-10 12:24 PM
    Nice one againt trucky
    04-22-10 12:28 PM
    We need to get the guys together and put on a show for the Iranian ladies.
    04-22-10 12:33 PM
    genius. pure genius! i bet that iranian cleric secretly has a facebook account and just can't wait for monday!!
    04-22-10 12:38 PM
    Actually, it's going to be a group effort:

04-22-10 01:06 PM
    Just send them a link to chat roulette
    04-22-10 01:16 PM
    Just send them a link to chat roulette
    Never been to this site and I'm kinda scared to check it out.
    04-22-10 01:25 PM
    Its hilarious!

Especially when you go through 12 random webcam chats and instead of seeing face-

You see head.
    04-22-10 01:26 PM
    Is it Monday yet???

04-23-10 01:17 PM
    gettin' warmed up for monday!

04-23-10 01:32 PM
    Must be jelly cuz jam don't shake.
    04-23-10 01:34 PM
    This is the funniest and awesomest thing I've heard in a long time.
    04-23-10 02:50 PM

Oh, just too many comments that would be inappropriate for that one! lol
    04-23-10 02:54 PM
    Any Boobquake sightings today? Photo evidence garners extra points.
    04-26-10 11:08 AM

YouTube - boobquake

News and boobtube, I mean, YouTube vids

Only one small earthquake in taiwan, where if it were really true that immodestly dressed women caused earthquakes, then taiwan would have shaken into the ocean by now
    04-27-10 05:28 PM
    Maybe it could still work, if all the women would participate. Maybe that can be the goal for 2011... The military could get involved in sponsoring it, or the CIA to avoid actions in Iran by destroying it with earthquakes caused by immodest women...

04-27-10 09:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD