- Im getting dressed
    - off to work
    - work sux and the coffee is nasty
    - lunch time and its raining
    -off work
    - out to dinner with family
    - out for drinks
    - getting undressed for bed
    I can understand why it's useless in your eyes cuz take a look at what you got for your tweets..lol. You're basically answering back the very same question that twitter asks which is what you are doing which is nothing wrong really which can get predictable after awhile which can be boring and mundane for you and people who follow you (if there's any). Having said that I can understand why you find it useless. Think out of the box and see how best you can take full advantage of twitter for your biz or some other stuff. My two cents worth..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 02:35 PM
    I can understand why it's useless in your eyes cuz take a look at what you got for your tweets..lol. You're basically answering back the very same question that twitter asks which is what you are doing which is nothing wrong really which can get predictable after awhile which can be boring and mundane for you and people who follow you (if there's any). Having said that I can understand why you find it useless. Think out of the box and see how best you can take full advantage of twitter for your biz or some other stuff. My two cents worth..

I was waiting on someone to quote my post lol.

I guess we may have gotten a false sense of twitter as we only downloaded the twitterberry app. It really did seem useless lol. With that said maybe I will try and see what is so good about it. What is your twitter addy? Maybe I can follow u and just see how others make use of twitter.

04-18-09 02:52 PM
    I like twitter because it is fast a quick. I started it for a good friend who bailed, haha. I mostly follow a few friends and am comfortable with it. Here's a link to a pretty good app for BlackBerry users to use twitter. It may not be for everyone, but nothing ever is.
    http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/4_6/UberTwitter.jad

04-18-09 02:56 PM
    I like twitter because it is fast a quick. I started it for a good friend who bailed, haha. I mostly follow a few friends and am comfortable with it. Here's a link to a pretty good app for BlackBerry users to use twitter. It may not be for everyone, but nothing ever is.
    http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/4_6/UberTwitter.jad

Downloaded! Let's see if this helps my twitter experience

04-18-09 03:01 PM
    Downloaded! Let's see if this helps my twitter experience

You can add me slim - I use the same name as here. Most of my friends are from CB - I think I follow your wife already. I added a bunch of cB'ers when I first joined.

04-18-09 03:42 PM
    For my ministry, Twitter has been the best form of research HANDS DOWN. The ability to get feedback on the fly about a multitude of topics is priceless.

New OS? I usually get a tweet directing me to CrackBerry instantly from a fellow BlackBerry enthusiast. Recipe for a meal I need done in 90 minutes? A tweet helps.

Want to hear chatter about a topic? The search.twitter function is great.

So, how do you use Twitter? You have to get beyond the useless nonsense. Search for folks who share a passion. Find people in your area that are in the same profession. Network with them. Heck, how else would I have found a community of people who use BlackBerry devices to enhance their church work?

As I said earlier, I love companies that use Twitter. I lost a 15% discount code for online tax prep. I found out that HRB had a Twitter account. I tweeted them, asking if I could have a replacement. 10 minutes later, I had an email thanking me for being a loyal customer, and asking if I would accept a 100% coupon. Same with TeleNav and HP. They were nice enough to treat me like gold, and they always keep the best PR folks on Twitter.

I am not bragging, and again, I am not sitting here trying to claim that Twitter is the answer to world hunger. I do believe it is the most vibrant form of social networking out there, and I am grateful I gave it a second look. It can do for you almost anything you want it to. Along with LinkedIn, it can be a very, very powerful tool. Just think outside the box. Ask yourself: who do you want to meet? What can you get that will will help you personally and/or professionally?

Those questions (coupled with a good Twitter filter) will help you get the most out of Twitter.

04-18-09 04:41 PM
    well guys i downloaded the uber twitter app and I like it alot better. where do I find all the twitter shortcuts? I didnt realize the @ was for speaking to others and things haha no wonder I didnt care for it!!!
    04-18-09 09:35 PM
    well guys i downloaded the uber twitter app and I like it alot better. where do I find all the twitter shortcuts? I didnt realize the @ was for speaking to others and things haha no wonder I didnt care for it!!!
    LOL! Same here... I hated it at first.

Play around with it on a desktop if you can first (or the mobile version on your browser). Check out search.twitter.com and twitter.grader.com for major twitterers in your town.
    04-18-09 10:16 PM
    Glad you're embracing technology and knowing how to get it to good use slim. I'm sure you'll have a pleasant ride. Enjoy!

04-18-09 11:42 PM
    Glad you're embracing technology and knowing how to get it to good use slim. I'm sure you'll have a pleasant ride. Enjoy!

Ever since you posted I have gotten on and learned to find ppl haha. So I have found a cpl contractor related people. Pretty neat. Also learned what the # and @ signs do. Lol amazing what you don't realize when u don't know.

Do you have a twitter????

Last edited by contractorslim; 04-18-09 at 11:53 PM.
    04-18-09 11:47 PM
    I do but I haven't practiced what I preached

04-19-09 05:13 AM
    I do but I haven't practiced what I preached

For shame.

04-19-09 06:48 AM
    I love Twitter

I don't mean to be messy but why waste your effort/time to come into this thread to bash Twitter? Get a life, really. Nobody needs your negative energy. If you don't like it or don't use it, then so be it. I really don't appreciate the comments such as, "Twitter sucks..." or "It's useless...", just as much as your posts/comments about it are useless.
    04-19-09 08:19 AM
    For shame.

Being honest dude

04-19-09 06:30 PM
    I say do the twitter thing ....
    if ya like to pry in on what someone is doing then heck yea
    04-19-09 08:29 PM
    Social networking on the internet does not necessarily require prying in on every detail of someone's life. Yes, I like being able to get in touch with someone quickly and efficiently about important things, or even just to shoot the breeze. No, I do not need to know that you've just gone to the bathroom. (Seriously, why do people do that?!) With sites like Twitter, it's all about how you choose to utilize them.

Earlier today, I made a Twitter account and then deleted it, all in the span of 15 minutes. I realized that I don't have much use for it right now. I'll probably start back up again at some point soon, but for now, and as a college student, it's infinitely easier to get in touch with people via Facebook or a more direct messaging service, like BBM. I'm not anti-Twitter, though I am occasionally surprised by how popular it's become. My elderly great aunt apparently has an account ... I didn't know she knew how to navigate the internet beyond her e-mail!

04-20-09 01:47 AM
    I don't have a facebook, myspace, xanga, anything!

They are the bane of Humanity!

There's so much drama, it's not even funny.

Removing a friend from your list is like declaring war.

But what about Twitter?

Is it as easy to rack up a monumental friend list on Twitter, as it is on Myspace?

Or does it operate differently?

So, is Twitter safe?

And is it easy to do via BB?
    so have you started tweeting or are you still not convinced?
    04-21-09 10:40 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD