Hahah.

Again, the way I see it, most of what twitter does can covered by FB. More controlled in terms of privacy I'd say. If that's what you are into. I share videos, links, news articles, etc. With people and groups on FB all the time.

However I like some of the explanations posted here. For example: posting a text message to the masses for free, meeting or learning from new people you won't find on facebook, etc.

Maybe I didn't spend long enough on twitter. So if I want to learn about something, find someone in a particular industry, develope contacts or hopelessly hang onto jessica beil's daily life, I can use the search feature for that?

What else does search enable me to do?

Great discussion folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 05:33 PM
    does twitter have revolutionary functionality? no. you are right, facebook can do what twitter does and more. the difference is the simplicity of information received. when you follow bands, companies, brands, celebs, friends, etc...anything they post automatically goes to your phone and is viewable like a text. yes, you can receive this information through facebook, but twitter is cleaner and more simple. i like being able to read tweets and update my own status without having to deal with a big interface, photo albums, groups, games, blah blah etc.
    07-15-09 01:55 PM
    EXAMPLEs OF PEOPLE WHO USES IT:
    14-16 year old girls who love saying "like" or think that HSM its better than "Gone with the wind".
    14-40 year old people who want to be famous and believe that everything that they do its SOOOOO damn cool.
    14-40 year old people who love to wear Che Guevara shirts or death to capitalism and love to get starbucks "coffe" and pay with credit cards.
    40-60 year old ladies with fake boobs, too much make up and an 18 year old perv they claim that age is a state of mind.
    40-60 year old guys who believe that no one will notice his hair plugs/bad comb over.
    Yuppies.
    EMO's.
    Faux Stars.
    Bloggers A.K.A unemployed bum living with mom.
    Vegans A.K.A unemployed bum living with his/her hippie mom.
    so... can i follow you on twitter?
    07-15-09 02:39 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD