Lots of articles about BlackBerry 10 is will be shutdown in couple years and Yada yada..not talking about it. Way too depressing. Just got an email from Turing Robotics that they have ditched Android and moved to SailfishOS. Should be launched soon. Am buying it. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    02-02-16 10:16 AM
    Complete email from Turing.

---

Dear Turing Fans,

You will be pleased to know that we have ironed out the final development tasks before we deliver the Turing Phone to your hands. We fully expect the Turing Phone to be delivered in the month of April 2016.

Many of you have asked numerous times through our Facebook fan page as well as emailed us about our OS development. We can now confirm that TRI has chosen to drop Android and use Jolla's Sailfish OS. Sailfish OS is now running perfectly on the Turing Phone and we have started the final OS software testing phase.

Sailfish OS runs exceptionally fast on the Turing. You will not have to worry about performance issues with Turing's Snapdragon 801 because Sailfish OS has been optimized to run fast on your Turing Phone. The Turing Phone will still be able to run Android Apps on the Sailfish OS without issue. An Android application store will be available for you to download your favorite apps.

The Sailfish OS is an evolved continuation of the Linux MeeGo OS previously developed by an alliance of Nokia and Intel. MeeGo mobile software platform was created through the merging of Moblin and the Maemo OS originally developed by Nokia.

This essentially means you have one of the world's fastest mobile device running the fastest mobile OS with the capability of running your favorite apps in a secure environment.

TRI will also be hosting its first Turing Developers Conference (TDC) during Q2 2016.

We can't wait to get the phones out to your hands. Thank you so much for your continued patience and support for the Turing Project.

Turing Phone Team | Turing Robotic Industries

----

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 10:17 AM
    Perhaps I will give it a try. Anything is better than Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:12 AM
    Isn't this the phone that is made with a nickel alloy. Can't wait for the allergies to show up

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:16 AM
    Isn't this the phone that is made with a nickel alloy. Can't wait for the allergies to show up

Posted via CB10
    Right. Plastic = carcinogenic. Think before you buy a plastic bottle. BTW, any cellphone with a touch screen has more potent virus than you comprehend.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:30 PM
    Right. Plastic = carcinogenic. Think before you buy a plastic bottle. BTW, any cellphone with a touch screen has more potent virus than you comprehend.

Posted via CB10
    There are multiple types of plastics, from many different sources. Why not make it out of silver, since it is a microbe resistant material. Good a keyboard cellphone is free of cooties. I autoclave my phone on a regular basis.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:08 PM
    There are multiple types of plastics, from many different sources. Why not make it out of silver, since it is a microbe resistant material. Good a keyboard cellphone is free of cooties. I autoclave my phone on a regular basis.

Posted via CB10
    Silver is not. It's bronze!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:12 PM
    Like I said in this thread from last year. This is a company with a history of failure. Don't bet on ever getting that Quasar IV/Android Turing/Sailfish Turing.
    02-02-16 01:17 PM
    Whoa, sailfish? Where are the specs for this thing? I need to know if it will work with my carrier, and how much.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-02-16 01:38 PM
    Silver is not. It's bronze!

Posted via CB10
    http://m.jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/59/4/587.full

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 03:10 PM
    Wow very interesting. Last I heard was Jolla arranging a deal with an Indian company to make devices with Sailfish. And Turing dumped Android? Is this the beginning of the decline for Android?
    02-02-16 06:33 PM
    Wow very interesting. Last I heard was Jolla arranging a deal with an Indian company to make devices with Sailfish. And Turing dumped Android? Is this the beginning of the decline for Android?
    I have more Android phones that Turing has Android phones shipped (Turing has zero) so no this has nothing to do with Android. It has all to do with Turing going down the tubes since they delayed their Android product in Dec making people question their business model and request refunds.

Jolla no longer has a hardware phone, its a software house now, so they probably convinced Turing they'd help them on the software side of the phone, removing a cost center for Turing.

Again Turing is a dumpster fire, this is now the second failure, First Quasar, now Android Turing.
    02-02-16 07:17 PM
    Well, that's the thing, Jolla has a lot of potential, but low capital. They really needed a hardware partner.

If Turing was on the up and up, they could definitely provide the hardware platform and capital for it.

We'll see how it goes, but colour me interested.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-02-16 07:59 PM
    Sailfish OS seems like a interesting OS on such a phone. I'm curious to see the final version.

Lack of the headphone jack, however, would make that it would never be in my options

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 08:14 PM