watch this video it is funny yet true....
    09-21-08 11:11 PM
    That is great !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 11:15 PM
    That is great !

09-21-08 11:16 PM
    He.....and millions others no doubt.
    09-21-08 11:21 PM
    I saw that video about a month ago. If its the editor of Vogue, what you're talking about is hilarious. He blames it on being divorced and having to speak with his daughter. C-mon man, you cry? On TV? He admitted himself he's going to be a laughing stock for doing that.

09-21-08 11:21 PM
    I think the crying was more related to what he said, not being able to have his 6-year old daughter reach him while he was out of town. That emotional scene almost seemed lame until you really look at why he was all worked up. It wasn't about the Blackberry in that particular situation.

Also, they picked the wrong guy to do this experiment with. They need to pick someone off this forum who doesn't have a job like that guy.

The kind of job he has, I do believe requires that technology for work and taking all that away hinders work performance.

Take some crackberry addict off here that doesn't use their BB for work, and you would have a truly shocking video.

I've had my BB almost a month now and I am addicted, first time user, but I don't need it for work and I understand it.

I could go without my BB and e-mail for up to a week probably. If I were away on vacation in Hawaii or something, I don't think I'd mind being disconnected, as long as people back home KNEW I was unavailable via phone and e-mail. It's only fair, lol, to let people know you're disconnected.

It's just the day and age we are in, it may seem sad on so many fronts, that humans today are so attached to technology and materialistic things, but the older generations have to understand this is a different way of life and whole different generation of people. It's just how we communicate and we rely on it, sometimes TOO much.
    09-21-08 11:53 PM
    that was to funny
    09-21-08 11:59 PM
    It was funny, but tvtech, what does generation have to do with it? I'm 54 and am just as connected and tied in to a computer driven, wireless life as anyone. I admit I've had a computer for 22 years -- as you have grown up with this stuff, I have also come of age with it. When my middle/high school kids need help to fix a computer or phone problem, they come to me. When you make general statements about people, you will usually be wrong. The people programming and running our server and SCADA system are all 35 to 55 years old.

09-22-08 12:24 AM
    I saw this months ago and it is as asinine as it was then.
    09-22-08 01:14 AM
    OMG that is nuts! its something else
    09-22-08 01:26 AM
    Thanks for bringing it in to perspective, AG. Really, crying for a cell phone. Funny in a pathetic way. Would you take investment advice from that guy.

09-22-08 01:30 AM
    That is crazy I would be the same way I would freak out if I didn't have a cell phone and I wouldnt be able to get ahold of anyone since I dont even have a landline.
    09-22-08 01:38 AM
    It was funny, but tvtech, what does generation have to do with it? I'm 54 and am just as connected and tied in to a computer driven, wireless life as anyone. I admit I've had a computer for 22 years -- as you have grown up with this stuff, I have also come of age with it. When my middle/high school kids need help to fix a computer or phone problem, they come to me. When you make general statements about people, you will usually be wrong. The people programming and running our server and SCADA system are all 35 to 55 years old.

Generation has a LOT to do with it! I'm willing to bet you didn't have anything close to the kinds of technology we have today back in the mid and late 70's. My dad is about the same age so I think I have an idea. Computers weren't realized until the late 80's even though they were being invented in the early 80's. And cell phones, heck not till early 90's were they readily available.

09-22-08 02:55 AM
    To TVTech's defense, his first post did say "older generations" not specifically how old, or "everyone older". And he pointed out that it was different when we grew up, which it was. However, in TVs last post, a couple of timelines are off and the use of the word realized referring to computers needs definition as to the availability of? Or initial household models. My friends Dad worked for IBM all his life and when he retired went to Apple. In 1983 I want to say, he brought home two cardboard floppy discs with two of the coolest things I'd ever seen. MacPaint and MacGolf. Now as far as PC technology goes, a kid growing up with Halo has a WAY cooler experience than I did with MacGolf.

09-22-08 05:09 AM
    Thanks Mamaluka, yeah I wasn't insulting the older generation. I'm just trying to compare them. Some people in their 50's and up today are up to date with technology buts its rare. My parents are in their early 50's and are severely out of the loop. That's where my brother and I have come in to help. We are in the mid-late 20's bracket and are that young new tech generation.

09-22-08 11:38 AM
    I didn't mean to start a generational war, lol. I know the tech you have because I have it too -- I'm not living in a vacuum. My 14 year old looks at you like you look at me. To him, you're an old timer who's hopelessly out of the loop. Actually that's what got me thinking about the generational thing. My son was talking to his 29 year old cousin and secretly rolling his eyes.

The point I was making was it is a motivational thing and that machines are not owned by a generation. I spend a lot of my day teaching my employees to use our SCADA system, operate the PDA handhelds and to find their way around our WiFi network. Sure a lot of your parents don't know how to use technology, but just as many of your peers don't either -- I know because I am teaching young employees as well as old.

I will absolutely agree that younger people aren't as intimidated operating some equipment, but no one group learns any faster. I know you grew up with this stuff, I was there. There's no need to think anyone is criticing you, I'm not. I'm just pointing out that the ability to use technology isn't owned by anyone.

And yeah, COD4 and Halo is lots more fun than pong.

Last edited by exelant; 09-22-08 at 12:38 PM.
    09-22-08 12:28 PM
    lol im sure he was crying cause he couldnt talk to his daughter he had access to a landline he can call his daughter right? Sounds like an addict to me. And yall fell for it cmon guys he lied the same way a crack addict would tell you to give him money for groceries
    09-22-08 12:36 PM
    It's all cool exelant I agree with you. Its not owned by any one generation, just that we all experienced it in different times and points of the tech movement.

09-22-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD