ok its starting to get kinda warm--but super muggy-humid like.....not liking this right now--time for shorts!
    05-28-09 10:43 AM
    Yea, Shelli, it's muggy in Nashville too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:53 AM
    Muggy in MD too

05-28-09 10:59 AM
    Haha thanks, I'm in Ohio, I'm actually a college radio on-air personality we just use our names for our show.
    That's really cool Nort! Is your program only broadcasted around the campus? Have you thought about trying to get a gig w/ 1 of your local stations? Local radio personalities are like mini-celebrities. You would be almost-famous!

05-28-09 11:02 AM
    That's really cool Nort! Is your program only broadcasted around the campus? Have you thought about trying to get a gig w/ 1 of your local stations? Local radio personalities are like mini-celebrities. You would be almost-famous!

We have about a 30 mile broadcasting range, I've looked around, not many are hiring most of our stations are owned by Clear Channel and they're firing anyone. We do have a SiriusXM Satellite Radio office about 30 minutes away.
    05-28-09 11:07 AM
    Ok so muggy is the word for the day!

Hey nort that's cool-the whole radio dj tthing!

And has anyone seen the 2010 chevy camaro!!! OMG!! I want one like yesterday I use to have a 74 camaro all souped up!!! Ohhhh I miss those days of workin under the hood of that babey!

05-28-09 11:11 AM
    Looks like I'm gonna get rain in Illinois.

As to your earlier comment, SBB, yes, I'm a pretty fair-sized fella. I don't get too many people mistaking me for a patsy. But I don't go looking for trouble, either. It finds me just fine by itself.

Without the facial fur, I still look like a kid. Folks always think I'm a decade younger than I am.

05-28-09 11:17 AM
    Ooh, Smokies are out big time today. Glad I don't drive fast!

05-28-09 11:20 AM
    We have about a 30 mile broadcasting range, I've looked around, not many are hiring most of our stations are owned by Clear Channel and they're firing anyone. We do have a SiriusXM Satellite Radio office about 30 minutes away.
    Nort you should try to get in on that! Satellite is the way to go bro! I've got XM in my car well I guess really these days XM & Sirius are the same thing, wasn't when I got it, but anyway I love it I only listen to reg radio when I'm at a job & can't access the good stuff. We used to have a really cool local station w/ a really cool host but they got bought out by another 1 of those oh-so-popular crap pop stations. All downhill after that.

05-28-09 11:20 AM
    Looks like I'm gonna get rain in Illinois.

As to your earlier comment, SBB, yes, I'm a pretty fair-sized fella. I don't get too many people mistaking me for a patsy. But I don't go looking for trouble, either. It finds me just fine by itself.

Without the facial fur, I still look like a kid. Folks always think I'm a decade younger than I am.

And what decade would you be Mr.SilverFox?

05-28-09 11:22 AM
    Nort you should try to get in on that! Satellite is the way to go bro! I've got XM in my car well I guess really these days XM & Sirius are the same thing, wasn't when I got it, but anyway I love it I only listen to reg radio when I'm at a job & can't access the good stuff. We used to have a really cool local station w/ a really cool host but they got bought out by another 1 of those oh-so-popular crap pop stations. All downhill after that.

I'm possibly interning with the local ABC O&O station. Being with Sirius would be awesome, maybe an internship there too. And it's muggy here too
    05-28-09 11:24 AM
    Good afternoon everyone! I'm back up and fully running after the problems I was having yesterday.

How is everyone's day going so far?

I'm really not enjoying this weather. I could deal with the humidity if it wasn't so crappy looking out.

05-28-09 11:28 AM
    [QUOTE=StrwBerryBlond;2667149]And what decade would you be Mr.SilverFox?

Chuckle* 44 in August. And not even salt and pepper. Still naturally dark, but a few white ones in the beard now.

And my wife loves the white ones, says it gives me a distinguished look.

Last edited by BergerKing; 05-28-09 at 11:33 AM.
    05-28-09 11:28 AM
    BK I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. I often seem to get along better w/ ppl from your generation than ppl from my own. I have a few very close friends that are your age & some a little older.

Kasi! How are you today sweetie? Happy to hear you got all your bugs worked out.

05-28-09 11:32 AM
    ^^ Ummm sry Kasi I didn't mean to imply that YOU had bugs or anything

05-28-09 11:33 AM
    Hey kasi--im doin ok thanks! Glad to hear your up n running once again
    And as for the weather i agree with ya!

05-28-09 11:35 AM
    Oh, and I saw your compliment yesterday, and wanted to say Thank you. I didn't get to do much posting, and saw you were running low on power. Glad you found someone with a charger.

05-28-09 11:38 AM
    Haha, its ok, I knew what you meant.

I'm doing good so far today. Not enjoying the grey skies out here but I'm hopeful that the sun will come out later in the afternoon like it did yesterday.

05-28-09 11:38 AM
    BK you are very welcome!

I guess I better make the most of my decision to stay home today & start cleaning up my house. Its such a mess from scrambling to pack & roll out last week & then being so exhausted upon our return. I don't know which end to start from!

I'll check back in a lil while. I hope the sun comes out for everyone today. If not perhaps as told by my favorite little redhead:
    "The sun'll come out, tomorrow
    betcha bottom dollar that tomorrow
    there'll b sun"

05-28-09 11:47 AM
    Later, then. Make the best of the work, and enjoy as much as possible.

05-28-09 12:02 PM
    Hi everyone! Just checking in, and at the wrong time if you're talking about age! I am 54 today.

05-28-09 12:10 PM
    Ok found yet another reason to postpone my house work for a little while, we have to go get some lunch! There's no food here!

Ex! Happy Birthday you SilverFox!

Got any special plans for today?

05-28-09 12:16 PM
    My wife is taking me out for tempura - she's eating Sushi, lol, I prefer the cooked stuff.

05-28-09 12:18 PM
    Howdy, and Happy Birthday, Mike!

I caught your name on the list this morning after my rude awakening and put it out to folks right away. Wolf did a b-day cake image, and a lot of people were showing you the love earlier.

Sushi, uggh. Cooked stuff for me, too. I only eat raw if no other option. I like mine warm and tasty, with just the right sauce.

05-28-09 12:25 PM
    Ok so muggy is the word for the day!

Hey nort that's cool-the whole radio dj tthing!

And has anyone seen the 2010 chevy camaro!!! OMG!! I want one like yesterday I use to have a 74 camaro all souped up!!! Ohhhh I miss those days of workin under the hood of that babey!

I saw it when they gave one to one of the Phillies players at the world series. And I saw one yesterday outside of our local big dealership. We're going up there later to actually look at one. They are sweet looking. I want one.

05-28-09 12:55 PM
86,775 ... 544545546547548 ...