My problem is. I get to a stop. I put it into first and start letting go of the clutch. I give it a bit of gas, then the car starts moving, and feels like it's going to stall. So I give it more gas. Then I look like an diot driver because I can't shift properly Either that or I start letting go of the clutch and give it some gas, but it just goes ahead and stalls anyhow.
    11-07-09 10:24 PM
    Heal to toe would be pretty tricky to teach without being there. But I think my suggestion will help you a bunch. See if there's a mall nearby, and go long before it's open.

I hear tell youre doin well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll give it a try monday morning. My dad's going to give me pointers tomorrow He was busy today, so I got to drive it 20 kilometer to work on my own Poor car
    11-07-09 10:25 PM
    Most of learning a manual Brad is muscle-mass memory training. I was lucky and started out on a 4-speed stick.

Once you get it down, don't forget to practice on hills, too.

I had a minor crisis while getting my downstairs bathroom ready for the freezer. We have a second set of utility hookups in there, and when I get our dryer fixed, we'll have both sets running.

So I hooked up the water lines for the washer, after putting new gaskets in. After turning the lines on, I found seepage in one of the faucets, went to tighten in slightly, only to have it go shooting across the bathroom on a high-pressure stream of water.

Now, it was full dark, and I was in a haste to find the shutoff outside. The stream of water was shooting into the sink in bulk, the threads to the sillcock were broken.

So finally find the interior shutoff. Secured the water, and checked it out. The pipe nipple had deteriorated, so I had to break out a section of wall. Unscrewed the nipple from the downpipe and ran to Ace, getting the required parts to effect repairs

Mila had been out getting dinner while all of this took place. I'd broken it secured the scene, changed clothes, run to the store, and repaired it all before she got back. We even had cleaned it up with exception of some water on the lower carpet.

So, at least now, I shouldn't have to worry about those connections failing anytime soon.

11-07-09 10:33 PM
    One heck of a way to end your day Beast. Sheesh!

Heal to toe will come in quite handy on a hill if you can master it Brad. In the mean time, use the E-brake.

11-07-09 10:41 PM
    Most of learning a manual Brad is muscle-mass memory training. I was lucky and started out on a 4-speed stick.

Once you get it down, don't forget to practice on hills, too.

I had a minor crisis while getting my downstairs bathroom ready for the freezer. We have a second set of utility hookups in there, and when I get our dryer fixed, we'll have both sets running.

So I hooked up the water lines for the washer, after putting new gaskets in. After turning the lines on, I found seepage in one of the faucets, went to tighten in slightly, only to have it go shooting across the bathroom on a high-pressure stream of water.

Now, it was full dark, and I was in a haste to find the shutoff outside. The stream of water was shooting into the sink in bulk, the threads to the sillcock were broken.

So finally find the interior shutoff. Secured the water, and checked it out. The pipe nipple had deteriorated, so I had to break out a section of wall. Unscrewed the nipple from the downpipe and ran to Ace, getting the required parts to effect repairs

Mila had been out getting dinner while all of this took place. I'd broken it secured the scene, changed clothes, run to the store, and repaired it all before she got back. We even had cleaned it up with exception of some water on the lower carpet.

So, at least now, I shouldn't have to worry about those connections failing anytime soon.

Sounds like quite the day there My dad just installed a washer and dryer downstairs in my sisters house. The amount of trouble he went through getting it all hooked up...

I just started driving stick today. I looked in the owners manual and now realize that I had the parking break partially up on my way home I guess I may need new breaks on monday too.... Might have been why I stalled so much. I only stalled twice on the way there. Stalled about 5 or 6 on the way home.

Here's another question. How long are you letting the car move with the clutch still slightly pressed before you let go(first gear)? Maybe I just bring the pedal up to quick. I always thought it was bad to do that so I try not to move too much with the clutch down.
    11-07-09 10:46 PM
    Having the E-brake partially engaged will make starting harder.

11-07-09 10:51 PM
    Oh, I was lucky, my BB was in my pocket when I got soaked. The skin kept the water out of things til I got it out of my pocket.

11-07-09 10:53 PM
    You'll toast your rear brakes Gluteus Maximus, and it will as Beast said make it much more difficult. The shorter time you spend with the clutch partial, the longer it will last. I hardly use mine, but that takes a lot of practice.

Beast I've got a thread for you:

11-07-09 10:58 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully I don't hurt the car too much before I finally pick it up

Take it easy guys, I'm getting some sleep. Long *** day at work today... Just kept dragging and dragging.... Then I looked at a clock in the gallery that said it was 6, but it was actually only 5... Crappy day
    11-07-09 11:01 PM
    Goodnight Brad. I'm heading there myself. Later Beast,Mike and kaka if your still up.

11-07-09 11:12 PM
    Well kaka when you put it like that.

Lol. Its true. It was just as busy but they actually had me out of there before I was suppose to be.

I'm going to bed now. I have work again tomorrow morning. Good night!

11-07-09 11:20 PM
    Yeah, I read the thread. Dozed off before I could contemplate posting.

11-08-09 12:08 AM
    Good morning ya'll! Another beautiful day in the city beautiful here. Hope everyone has a great Sunday, and doesn't work there widdle fingers to the bones.
    11-08-09 05:46 AM
    Morning fluffy

11-08-09 05:55 AM
    Good morning panda. How's your day starting out? I've reloaded my BB, found a killer Irish joke, started 2 new discussions in the TBL group, picked on Marty. Not sure what trouble to start next.
    11-08-09 06:21 AM
    Your a busy little fluffy today aren't ya. just been watching TV little early to do anything else. My cat decided to wake me up every hour so I didn't sleep much. Guess this is what it would feel like if I was a mom.

11-08-09 06:27 AM
    So have you been saved, or reduced to childish entertainment? Bad puttie-tat!
    11-08-09 06:43 AM
    Saved by what?

11-08-09 06:49 AM
    Good morning losers! How goes it?
    11-08-09 06:58 AM
    Ugh brad so early in the morning?! I'm going to go vomit now...

11-08-09 07:00 AM
    I'm sorry Shi I guess I'll just leave if that's the way people think
    11-08-09 07:17 AM
    Don't start that I didn't do anything crap with me brad.

11-08-09 07:21 AM
    Just a little in my mouth Gluteus Maximus, I'll be ok.

panda I was refering to the TV evangelists.

11-08-09 07:22 AM
    Oh that, I'm watching stuff I have recorded on my dvr. Before that though I was watching cartoons.

11-08-09 07:28 AM
    *countinues crying*

11-08-09 07:32 AM
86,726 ... 22782279228022812282 ...