Not all of them... Sometimes their restaurants
    04-24-09 11:40 PM
    Your such a ******!
    04-24-09 11:45 PM
    Lol, thank you Alot of people took offense to that baby shaking app thread huh? Looks like a pretty crappy app... It's got a drawing of a kid, then it's eye's x out. I mean.... Have you heard dead baby jokes? OMG...
    04-24-09 11:48 PM
    Used to carry an arsenal of them.
    04-24-09 11:49 PM
    They're so sick People say them at work and others look at them like they're nuts Some of them are just.... so sick though. You laugh cuz of how out there the writer must be.....

Anyhow.... Thought you werent going to 1000 posts wolf?
    04-24-09 11:56 PM
    Lol, thank you Alot of people took offense to that baby shaking app thread huh? Looks like a pretty crappy app... It's got a drawing of a kid, then it's eye's x out. I mean.... Have you heard dead baby jokes? OMG...
    I have not seen this yet. That is disturbing to me on several different levels for more than one reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 11:58 PM
    I have not seen this yet. That is disturbing to me on several different levels for more than one reason.

No I know, they're messed up. But people are taking such offense to a stupid app that doesn't do anything.... How many ******* do you actually think buy that? I wouldn't....
    04-25-09 12:01 AM
    Yes, Kanga. Some things are just not funny.
    04-25-09 12:01 AM
    And how are you tonight sweet stuff?
    04-25-09 12:03 AM
    No I know, they're messed up. But people are taking such offense to a stupid app that doesn't do anything.... How many ******* do you actually think buy that? I wouldn't....
    Hopefully not many BS. It is beyond tasteless though and from personal experience I can see how some would take such offense.

04-25-09 12:08 AM
    Oh, just ignore me woman!
    04-25-09 12:10 AM
    Hopefully not many BS. It is beyond tasteless though and from personal experience I can see how some would take such offense.

Fair enough...
    I read about this on a news site. I found it absolutely horrendous. I can appreciate dead baby jokes, understanding that nobody who tells them actually feels a hatred for babies. They're cruel and sick, yes, but I look at them the same as blonde and racist jokes: they're horrible, make me gasp and giggle, make me feel bad for laughing, but they don't facilitate any personal hatred, and I would never let them sway my opinions of how I feel about people of a particular size, skin color, sex, race, religion...
    But the fact that the description of the app encouraged individuals to shake the drawn baby to express anger for actual crying babies near them.
    This is no better than rampant racism, or...
    Should we make a hate crime app? Every time you see a gay, or a person of a different race or the opposite sex, you beat a drawn stereotype of those you hate with a baseball bat, tie them to a truck, and drag them to their death. Extra points for hitting speed bumps, rocks, and fallen branches.
    And let's make this available to BUY and portable!
    Effing sick.

Yes, Kanga. Some things are just not funny.
    You are right Wolf and you also know why this disturbs me down to my core. I will not be reading the thread myself because I fear I would be banned from CB for life. I don't know why I am still surprised when I hear so many people find things like this humorous.

Other than that, I am fine Wolf. How are you? Congrats on the 1,000 post too. Do you have your own thread yet? If so... break out your asbestos coveralls.

04-25-09 12:13 AM
    Why yes, I do. Been waiting for you baby! Bring It On!!!
    04-25-09 12:15 AM
    Oh, just ignore me woman!
    I didn't ignore you Wolf. I was taking a deep breath.

04-25-09 12:15 AM
    Can't a guy tease?
    04-25-09 12:16 AM
    Can't a guy tease?
    Yes, I suppose he can. Although I don't quite remember what that feels like.

04-25-09 12:18 AM
    Oh, don't go there again!
    04-25-09 12:18 AM
    Tisk tisk....
    04-25-09 12:19 AM
    Get a grip fat-a$$, you'll appreciate these moments one day.
    04-25-09 12:20 AM
    When I'm talking to a shrink? Oh wait, I could use with some of that now I gues....
    04-25-09 12:22 AM
    well look you showed up
    04-25-09 12:24 AM
    Well now I know better than to sit there and rant on for paragraphs, expecting a response!

04-25-09 12:25 AM
    Fair enough...
    You know I like you BS otherwise I would not offer an explanation. I am no prude and would not burn anyone at the stake for creating an app like this.

To make a long story short...

In a perfect world today I would be the mother of an 11 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter. However, the world is not perfect and I am the mother of a thriving 11 year old and also a mother to my deceased 3 month old.

Not shaken baby, but deceased all the same. So I can understand (literally) why some people do get so wrapped up and angry about things like this.

So I wasn't trying to be "above" it or a prude. I was just trying to offer another perspective about why some find this so offensive.

Now I can go back to disliking you again.

04-25-09 12:27 AM
86,726 ... 164165166167168 ...