• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    yea it was bad here earlier, my back yard looked like a pond, on another note, i might not have a job either after tonight, i work this evening, there is a bunch of **** going on, i really cant take much more of it
    They just said on the news that the strongest part of the storm is heading right for us. Our front yard is going to look like a pond soon.

Sorry there's a lot of **** going on at your work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 04:21 PM
    if i can get a paid firefighter job ill be as happy as kid with candy, im tired of a job were im always sitting and getting yelledat because other people dont do their job right
    Last edited by chad177; 07-29-09 at 04:41 PM.
    07-29-09 04:22 PM
    well im gonna head into work, talk to everyone later
    07-29-09 04:26 PM
    if i can get a paid firefighter job ill be as happy as kid with candy, im tired of a job were im always sitting and getting "yelled" at because other people dont do their job right
    If I could get a full time job with nice people I'd be happy... I already get treated and paid like dirt. There really isn't a step down... This is what a college education gets you
    Last edited by Back-space; 07-29-09 at 04:46 PM.
    07-29-09 04:27 PM
    if i can get a paid firefighter job ill be as happy as kid with candy, im tired of a job were im always sitting and getting bitched at because other people dont do their job right
    That happens at most jobs. I'd be happy with a job period.

See ya later Chad.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-29-09 at 04:58 PM.
    07-29-09 04:35 PM
    i should have gone to nursing school
    Yes, Chad, but could you stand having sore nipples all the time?

07-29-09 05:18 PM
    i should have gone to nursing school
    with that being said--its not too late for you to still go to college for it always look at things optomistically(sp?)

07-29-09 06:05 PM
    Yes, Chad, but could you stand having sore nipples all the time?

with that being said--its not too late for you to still go to college for it always look at things optomistically(sp?)

hahha BK thanks, i neededa good laugh, Shelli i know, ive been trying to look at the good side of things, id like to go back to school, but the way my job is now its immpossible to do that, so id like go back to working EMS, bc i was a 100 times happier when i was working on the ambulance and alot less stressed, and id have flexable hours
    07-29-09 06:22 PM
    I figured you could use a laugh. Sometimes ya just gotta say W T F!

07-29-09 06:30 PM

The Keeper of the Queen Beak

07-29-09 06:38 PM
    ive been sayin wtf since i was born
    07-29-09 06:38 PM
    thats f'ed up in so many ways, im not sure if they can legally do that? but one company i did work for used to do that too, but when i left i just didnt show up, i know its not right but i did it because i couldnt afford go a few weeks without a pay check
    I know! I don't know if it is legal but then again, nothing about the way that guy runs his company is legal. Steve's parents are telling him that he should go apply for unemployment just to spite Jimmy but he wouldn't be able to because he was paid as an independent contractor even though he wasn't one.

dont know if that legal in your state, but in TX that is as legal as it can get... we are what is called "Fire At Will" i.e... if the boss doesnt like u you are SOL... they dont even have to give a real reason. boom u r out da door.
    07-29-09 06:40 PM
    dont know if that legal in your state, but in TX that is as legal as it can get... we are what is called "Fire At Will" i.e... if the boss doesnt like u you are SOL... they dont even have to give a real reason. boom u r out da door.
    Good thing I live in Canada
    07-29-09 06:47 PM
    yuck that sucks, i think thats they way it is here in PA too but im not sure, but i know at my old job, they did that one one person, then a bunch of us just walked out the next day
    07-29-09 06:48 PM
    its canaduh!
    07-29-09 06:49 PM
    well im gonna head into work, talk to everyone later
    Chad, do you have the firefighter's associates degree? How long have you been a volunteer, what kind of organized training, and are you a paramedic? - lol, lots of questions, but they give you an idea of what a mid sized city like the one I work for is looking for in the way of qualifications for firefighters. Bbm me if you want to talk about relocating and getting on with our fire department. No promises, but openings come up from time to time and I serve on a number of committees with fire lieutenants and commanders.

Also, my Ex is an RN and she says there are way more jobs than there are Nurses to fill them. It's a great career field for men - because there are fewer men. Don't think I'm sexist, but many management jobs go to men because often women nurses don't want to be managers because they would have to leave direct patient care and or work the extra unpaid hours management requires.

07-29-09 06:50 PM
    sometimes, yea
    07-29-09 06:54 PM
    ive been a volunteer for 5 years going on 6, i have tons of certifications, im not a medic, im an EMT, id love to take a medic class
    07-29-09 06:58 PM
    07-29-09 07:00 PM
    PA does follow the "At Will" employment policy, however they have also revised it to protect employees. An employer can fire you for any reason, with a few exceptions.

But, I know to prevent someone from collecting unemployment they have to have a legitimate reason to fire you. I went through filing for unemployment back in April and had to put down the reason I was let go. Unemployment then sent paperwork to my former employer and they had to provide documentation that I was fired for a legitimate reason (ie. was negligent, didn't work to company standards, etc). If the employer can't provide that documentation then as long as you were fired and didn't quit, you are pretty much guaranteed to be eligible for it.

Even if the way Steve was fired is legal, there are still a few ways that he runs his company that are illegal.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-29-09 at 07:35 PM.
    07-29-09 07:31 PM
    well kasi it sucks that he got fired, but maybe its better in the long run?
    07-29-09 07:39 PM
    well kasi it sucks that he got fired, but maybe its better in the long run?
    Yeah, it is better in the long run. We aren't going to get deeper and deeper into debt to the IRS with him no longer working there. Plus, he won't so exhausted all the time and will actually have the time to take care of personal things that need to be dealt with.

07-29-09 07:44 PM
    thats good, because i remember you saying that sometimes you dont get to see him alot, and that will also give him time to look at other jobs too
    07-29-09 07:46 PM
    Yep. With all the hours he worked I barely saw him. It sucks that it happened at this time, but it will be better eventually.

07-29-09 07:49 PM
    wow i killed the place
    07-29-09 08:40 PM
86,726 ... 14831484148514861487 ...