Did she spread shrapnel all over the room?!?!

...POP!!!! RUN FOR COVER!!!
    03-22-12 04:29 AM
    Poor innocent Root.
    03-23-12 11:06 PM
    @ Shane

Absolutely gorgeous Sunday, after two meh days of weather. Time to go outside and enjoy Spring. Hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend.
    03-25-12 10:09 AM
    Looks like the wind busted the cellular tower in my area... Here's what it looks like, with it banging against the brick wall:

Toronto-20120326-00010.jpg on Twitpic
    03-26-12 07:16 AM
    Glad to see everyone seems to be having fun. I'm headed up to Coldwater, MI with a load of goodies for WWally World. Still adapting to touchscreen typing, also, but gettin' better.
    03-26-12 05:29 PM
    Glad to see everyone seems to be having fun. I'm headed up to Coldwater, MI with a load of goodies for WWally World. Still adapting to touchscreen typing, also, but gettin' better.
    Now that MLB is available for BlackBerry...
    03-26-12 06:02 PM

Zinnngggggg!!!!!!!!
    03-26-12 08:20 PM
    Major League Brick?

[Classicmoviequotes]I don't want to go to Wally World[/classicmoviequotes]
    03-26-12 11:00 PM
    Yes, which I found rather annoying. But, it is planned as a temporary switch, not a permanent deal. If I hadnt done something soon I'd not be able to preserve my upgrade split so there would be an upgrade available every year. So, it's a nuisance for now, but a learning experience as well.

I do like the device, it is a sweet piece of work, but I do miss a lot if the built in features I'm used to in BB. I don't mind the virtual keyboard on this nearly as much as I did trying to type on an iPhone.
    03-28-12 11:18 PM
    Yes, which I found rather annoying. But, it is planned as a temporary switch, not a permanent deal. If I hadnt done something soon I'd not be able to preserve my upgrade split so there would be an upgrade available every year. So, it's a nuisance for now, but a learning experience as well.

I do like the device, it is a sweet piece of work, but I do miss a lot if the built in features I'm used to in BB. I don't mind the virtual keyboard on this nearly as much as I did trying to type on an iPhone.
    Android, imo, is a fairly nice ecosystem - their messagebox leaves something to be desired, and no touchscreen will ever placate me, but android itself has come a long way.
    Are you using swype? If you're not, you need to be, that's the only keyboard I found that was even bearable.
    03-28-12 11:27 PM
    Android, imo, is a fairly nice ecosystem - their messagebox leaves something to be desired, and no touchscreen will ever placate me, but android itself has come a long way.
    Are you using swype? If you're not, you need to be, that's the only keyboard I found that was even bearable.
    Oddly enough, no. I've had a decent time using the standard keyboard and predictive/learning text. The keyboard is roomy enough and the bzz feedback gives me a tactile response that seems to pacify my hands' needs to feel that I've actually done something.

The messaging on this hasn't been all that bad, I do miss BBM on a daily basis, but using WhatsApp in its stead. Not a perfect workaround, but acceptable. As a temporary diversion, I picked my device well. 0 complaints about speed, none of the accursed timer, and fairly decent battery life in relation to the Style. I could handle a BB 10 device in this form factor.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-29-12 at 09:12 AM.
    03-29-12 09:07 AM

Smart keyboard has autotext and is very similar to your old bb in regards to custom dictionary.
    03-29-12 09:49 AM
    Smart keyboard has autotext and is very similar to your old bb in regards to custom dictionary.
    Thanks for that tip. AutoText is one of those things I do miss a lot. The predictive text on this helps a lot, too.
    03-29-12 05:28 PM
    Thanks for that tip. AutoText is one of those things I do miss a lot. The predictive text on this helps a lot, too.
    The trial version is identical to the pro version except for an occasional nag to buy the pro. ($2.99 if I remember) .
    03-29-12 05:41 PM
    I'd pay to get AutoText functionality without the nagging. I dont mind paying for good apps I'll use. I jist hate paying for stuff I won't.
    03-29-12 06:36 PM
    I agree. I was just letting you know that you could kick the tires before making a commitment.
    03-29-12 09:34 PM
    I agree. I was just letting you know that you could kick the tires before making a commitment.
    Always nice to be able to do that.
    03-29-12 10:32 PM

GET SWYPE.
    It's my second favorite keyboard. (Next to BB keyboards)
    03-29-12 10:35 PM

GET SWYPE.
    It's my second favorite keyboard. (Next to BB keyboards)
    Swype is preinstalled on most of the newer Androids these days. Mine has it, I just haven't used it. I hooked my  up to my Wi-Fi hotspot to post for a little while, too. Fox-Fi is excellent.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-29-12 at 11:17 PM.
    03-29-12 11:14 PM
    In landscape mode would it be side-swyped?

Yay! It's almost the weekend.
    03-31-12 07:06 AM
    In landscape mode would it be side-swyped?

Yay! It's almost the weekend.
    Very well to could be. So far I haven't needed Swype, but I may give it a whirl later. I have reasonable speed in landscape and not too bad in portrait. Really not all that much slower than I'm used to on a keyboard. Just installed a password keeper and getting that all set up, plus spending some time on the Crack today.
    03-31-12 06:52 PM
    Major League Brick?

[Classicmoviequotes]I don't want to go to Wally World[/classicmoviequotes]
    Wait, wait, I know this one...give me a minute...

(National Lampoons) Vacation!

BK with an Android device? What's next, BBW goes Windows?
    (or goes topless, depends how he feels)
    03-31-12 07:28 PM

I'm already topless. And I didn't exactly 'go' Android even though I have one. Got caught up in the At Bat conflict and was gonna make sure I could get my games. 9930 was out of my price range, still, and my Style was getting cranky. Also making sure I could have my upgrade cycle stay annual instead of bi-annual. So, I have the Photon.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-31-12 at 07:52 PM.
    03-31-12 07:49 PM
    I'm already topless. And I didn't exactly 'go' Android even though I have one. Got caught up in the At Bat conflict and was gonna make sure I could get my games. 9930 was out of my price range, still, and my Style was getting cranky. Also making sure I could have my upgrade cycle stay annual instead of bi-annual. So, I have the Photon.
    Circle Launcher will clean up your home screen. Launcher pro will allow you to customize the bottom dock. Home switcher will make it easier to switch between the stock launcher and a third party launcher.
    03-31-12 08:57 PM

I've been seen in windows with nothing but an ipad on before.

Finally, a day off. Booyah! Drinking a Dan's, eating leftover teriyaki chicken, and grabbing some thigh. Supposed to be spectacular tomorrow. I hope I have the energy to take advantage of her, errrrrrr it.
    03-31-12 09:54 PM
86,775 ... 34153416341734183419 ...