It was a great show.

Nice pic Sandy, I don't care what you say.

Cool story Root. I've one of my own, but it's late. Tomorrow I'll tell it.

Here's the pics from the show, with a couple from yesterday thrown in.
    http://dcom.me/pF6qq

Slideshow
    http://dcom.me/eB7gv
    06-05-11 11:27 PM
    Now I've got a 2k9 Kawasaki KLR 650 dualsport. Its' 37hp may be around half that of the 2k8 Suzuki SV 650 I used to have, but it is still a good bike, and more useful on the dirt/gravel back roads by my house.

What do you have?
    06-06-11 01:31 AM
    Been meaning to ask you Sandy. What's with the signature, looking for donations?

Friggin' Jef bah! I've got the Monday morning blues. Be nice to start having weekends off again. If for nothing else, to grab a second job. Errrrrr....3rd. There is the CrackBerry gig.
    06-06-11 05:15 AM
    06-06-11 06:03 AM
    It was a tossup between the sign of the dollar or the concept of A=A. I might throw that in there as well, since people seem to like to trick themselves these days into believing that they can change reality simply by thinking it has changed. I really liked the concept of the productive folks using it as their symbol from a book, so I decided to go with that as a sig line for now.

Has anyone in the modfia commented about my little productivity thread in terms of it belonging here? Just curious.
    06-06-11 08:56 AM
    why shouldn't it sandy? it has just as much right to be here as does what kind of lip gloss justin bieber uses does!
    06-06-11 09:50 AM
    It was a tossup between the sign of the dollar or the concept of A=A. I might throw that in there as well, since people seem to like to trick themselves these days into believing that they can change reality simply by thinking it has changed. I really liked the concept of the productive folks using it as their symbol from a book, so I decided to go with that as a sig line for now.

Has anyone in the modfia commented about my little productivity thread in terms of it belonging here? Just curious.
    I'm down with the concept, for sure.

Not a word bird has been mentioned, and I haven't scanned OT in weeks.

why shouldn't it sandy? it has just as much right to be here as does what kind of lip gloss justin bieber uses does!
    That has no business being discussed, ANYWHERE.
    06-06-11 11:49 AM
    Just because it isn't PC to talk like we are there these days. And some could consider it political despite it not being about specific candidates or parties. I was just wondering since it seemed like it might have been controversial.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 06-06-11 at 12:03 PM.
    06-06-11 11:51 AM
    Yay, the modfia is down with it. Still need to upload some pix later to photobucket from the island. I'll get that later today. Have a good one, folks.
    06-06-11 01:06 PM
    on the downside of a monday....crackalackin' one open soon......
    06-06-11 04:07 PM
    Whiskey tango foxtrot is this "pet parents" BS I just heard on a commercial talking about pet food? Would that be similar to a liberal wacko version of "pet owners"? Some people and their wacky thinking... *shakes head*

I've got a 6 pack of Guiness Draught chillin in the fridge that I might have to have some of.
    06-06-11 07:34 PM
    I had fun at the zoo today.

06-06-11 07:49 PM
    Cool pix from the zoo! Did you touch the electric fence to make sure it was working? . Might have been entertaining to convince someone to try it. I'm sure it won't hurt people if it'll get an elephant's attention. Hahahaha
    06-06-11 08:07 PM
    Cool pix from the zoo! Did you touch the electric fence to make sure it was working? . Might have been entertaining to convince someone to try it. I'm sure it won't hurt people if it'll get an elephant's attention. Hahahaha

The elephants can stay outside whenever they want year-round, since their outside area is heated. They don't have to go inside at night or in the winter.

The zoo just got elephants back when the exhibit opened in May.

They got back the three female elephants, plus they have a bull elephant who is a new arrival.
    06-06-11 08:29 PM
    This is the link to the album containing my Mackinaw Island photos from this weekend: Mackinaw Island - June 2011 pictures by the_sandman_454 - Photobucket

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip. I didn't take a whole lot of them, was too busy looking around to think about it much. When I go back, I will be a bit more artistic and take a few more, in addition to working on framing some of the shots better.

06-06-11 09:20 PM

The elephants can stay outside whenever they want year-round, since their outside area is heated. They don't have to go inside at night or in the winter.

The zoo just got elephants back when the exhibit opened in May.

They got back the three female elephants, plus they have a bull elephant who is a new arrival.
    That's very cool, those are sure some neat animals. Did you get to feed them any nuts? I hear they like those.
    06-06-11 09:25 PM
    This is the link to the album containing my Mackinaw Island photos from this weekend: Mackinaw Island - June 2011 pictures by the_sandman_454 - Photobucket

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip. I didn't take a whole lot of them, was too busy looking around to think about it much. When I go back, I will be a bit more artistic and take a few more, in addition to working on framing some of the shots better.

Very nice!

I like the church and the butterfly.

I haven't been to Mackinaw Island since I was a little kid. Do they still ban motorized vehicles? I remember riding a bike on the island.
    06-06-11 11:04 PM
    That's very cool, those are sure some neat animals. Did you get to feed them any nuts? I hear they like those.
    They don't allow people to feed any of the animals now. When I was at the zoo a couple years ago, people could buy fish to feed the seals, but that is not allowed either.

Back when I was a little kid, we threw "people food" to the bears. They probably didn't know that isn't healthy for the animals. Now they have the animals' diets regulated.

I did see a monkey eating a banana. He only got half a banana. He did not eat the peel.
    06-06-11 11:10 PM
    Very nice!

I like the church and the butterfly.

I haven't been to Mackinaw Island since I was a little kid. Do they still ban motorized vehicles? I remember riding a bike on the island.
    That's correct, no motorized transportation. Horses, bikes or feet are your choices. We opted for feet and probably walked at least 6 miles. It was a neat place, and I wouldn't mind going back with maybe a smaller group just to have more time to roam and take more time to set up photos.

The golf course has carts but I assume they're electric and aren't allowed to leave the course grounds. I didn't play as I didn't have my clubs and I suspect it is expensive to golf there.

Pretty nice experience for my first time on the island though.
    06-07-11 04:51 AM
    Mornin' folks! Kind of a late night but I'll be heading for Hotlanta again shortly. Have the youngest riding with me for a couple of weeks, out seeing the world and the wonderous idiots I share the road with. I'm glad this is a double-bunk truck! My last one wasn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 08:30 AM
    Mornin' folks! Kind of a late night but I'll be heading for Hotlanta again shortly. Have the youngest riding with me for a couple of weeks, out seeing the world and the wonderous idiots I share the road with. I'm glad this is a double-bunk truck! My last one wasn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I would have loving riding along on a truck as a kid, and I would even love it now.
    06-07-11 11:49 AM
    good afternoon TBLers!!!
    06-07-11 12:42 PM
    Evening ya'll! Nice pics you two.

Laura, it looks like the elephant is plotting his escape.

Sandy, I especially enjoyed this picture:

I haven't been to the island, but I've heard a lot about it.

Sounds like you'll be having a great couple weeks bro.

Hey Jimmy, by the time you read this, it's gonna be....
    06-07-11 10:37 PM
    That arch rock was pretty neat. Bit of a climb to get to it from the shore but at least they provided stairs more or less.
    06-08-11 06:26 AM
    Congrats to me on my milestone of being cig free for 59 days and 12 hours, I am bi-winning and I am getting rid of my blackberry service completely due to monies issues.

PM me with ya email if ya wanna stay in contact with me, been busy looking for an apartment but its hard when ya don't have double the amount they require.

G'morning ya'll!
    06-08-11 07:10 AM
86,775 ... 33643365336633673368 ...