Wow! I'm underwhelmed,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 06:26 AM
    Well, of to the poopoo plant. Everyone have a great day!!

08-11-10 06:38 AM
    I'm Crap King?
    08-11-10 06:40 AM
    Ummmmm, b bye
    08-11-10 06:45 AM
    All too quiet around here. I guess we really don't need all this stock....

08-11-10 12:07 PM
    As the off world posts go up, so go my sales. :::: takes a 6 pack of 120 for later, well maybe later ::::
    08-11-10 12:25 PM
    *pouts* I want my BlackBerry!
    08-11-10 03:18 PM
    I can't talk to you on the iVamp. Bah!
    08-11-10 05:43 PM
    almost bed time.
    ms monster come be my pillows, and nite
    time entertainment while we wait for bavismacon

How 'bout I say she's irreplaceable?

08-11-10 06:38 PM
    I'm sick feel horrbile!! and have a sunburn and it HURTTS! my bf got me sick. hes mean
    Get well soon!
    Last edited by ms monster; 08-11-10 at 06:49 PM.
    08-11-10 06:45 PM
    I'm Crap King?
    Sounds like something you'd be good at to me

08-11-10 06:47 PM
    I'm surprised I've still got such a long time of trying to appear helpful in the on topic section before I hit any of the milestones.

Went to the VZW store and saw some interesting things there. First of all, the Droid X. Dang if that isn't one of the purdiest screens I've ever seen on a mobile device and such a big screen. I typed on the virtual keyboard a bit and that seemed ok, but nothing super special, as I prefer a physical keyboard.

The Incredible seemed like a very nice device too, both of which instantaneously seemed to pull up websites and render them, and have enough realestate on the screen to be able to view them without excessive straining.

Both of those devices are pretty much out for me, despite some of the excellent features and speed because they lack a physical keyboard. I'll take a peek at the Droid 2 when that comes out, since it should be a slider.

I also looked at the Bold a little bit and didn't like the trackpad very much still, although it may have been marginally better than the last time I played with one. Bold is still not enough to compel me to upgrade to it.

I know I've been talking about this stuff to death in the group, and sorry for carrying it on here. Just wanted to post up my experiences and thoughts. I know some of you have been telling me webkit for OS6 is going to be great, etc, but I don't want to wait til the S3 drops maybe early next year to get it and I don't want to spend money to get a Bold.

I love the idea of the fun devices with their big cameras, big screens, more games and lightning fast internet but I'm torn because I love the bb push setup, bbm (have met some cool folks on there, for sure) and battery life. I hate this sort of decisions. I suppose I've got til mid-September to make a decision one way or the other...

08-11-10 06:54 PM
    I'm surprised I've still got such a long time of trying to appear helpful in the on topic section before I hit any of the milestones.

Went to the VZW store and saw some interesting things there. First of all, the Droid X. Dang if that isn't one of the purdiest screens I've ever seen on a mobile device and such a big screen. I typed on the virtual keyboard a bit and that seemed ok, but nothing super special, as I prefer a physical keyboard.

The Incredible seemed like a very nice device too, both of which instantaneously seemed to pull up websites and render them, and have enough realestate on the screen to be able to view them without excessive straining.

Both of those devices are pretty much out for me, despite some of the excellent features and speed because they lack a physical keyboard. I'll take a peek at the Droid 2 when that comes out, since it should be a slider.

I also looked at the Bold a little bit and didn't like the trackpad very much still, although it may have been marginally better than the last time I played with one. Bold is still not enough to compel me to upgrade to it.

I know I've been talking about this stuff to death in the group, and sorry for carrying it on here. Just wanted to post up my experiences and thoughts. I know some of you have been telling me webkit for OS6 is going to be great, etc, but I don't want to wait til the S3 drops maybe early next year to get it and I don't want to spend money to get a Bold.

I love the idea of the fun devices with their big cameras, big screens, more games and lightning fast internet but I'm torn because I love the bb push setup, bbm (have met some cool folks on there, for sure) and battery life. I hate this sort of decisions. I suppose I've got til mid-September to make a decision one way or the other...

If you are unsure of what device you like, I would suggest waiting until you see something that really blows you away. There is no harm in continuing to use your current device off-contract and upgrading at a later point.
    08-11-10 10:44 PM
    If the problems he's encountering don't drive him up the wall first.

Some of the Tours can be quite frustrating, especially if problematic. Fortunately, mine has been a sweetheart thus far. Just have to cut out a piece of straw to clean the trackball crevices from time to time.

08-11-10 11:09 PM
    Eh, the problem is I need something better than this Tour soon. The flighty signal, slow rendering/loading webpages, hanging for no good reason with and without the clock icon, etc are going to drive me up the wall, and already have me part way there. It was significantly better than the 8330 I upgraded from but after looking at all of these new amazing devices, it feels like a dinosaur, and really does have some legitimate issues.

(Edited to add: ). The browsing would be tolerable and not, by itself, a reason to want to drop this thing like a hot potato, but combined with its' inability to hold an EVDO signal making the browsing even slower than it used to be when it was new and could inexplicably hold a signal better, and the random freezing also making for a frustrating experience, it needs to go soon...(/ editing)

If I switch in Sep (at the 1 year mark of the 2 year contract) I would be stuck with whatever device I got for another year. If I find a way to manage to ride this Tour out to my official upgrade date, thatd be May of '11.

That's my dilemma, I know S3 is supposed to be Q1, but I'm not sure I buy that. Also, I've not seen the videos nor have I had a chance to see the new OS. I've been told the new browser is impressive, but I've heard it's still a bit slower than the droids, at least when it's running on the Torch. Maybe with the upgraded processor and memory S3 is alleged to have it might be able to give them a run, of course by then, who knows, they may kick it up another notch and jump back into the lead.

I'll be definitely taking a look at the Moto Droid 2 when it drops before deciding what I'm going to do, as I've got a month before I could do anything anyway...

I want to keep BB, but I need better web and signal performance asap, and I'm not getting a Bold, which doesn't have OS6 yet anyway and may not have a good/reliable version for it right off the bat anyway (memories of 5.0.0.591 running thru my mind)...

Hopefully if I do make the jump I won't have to be gone too long before BB comes out with something competitive so I could come back...

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 08-11-10 at 11:22 PM.
    08-11-10 11:09 PM
    monster, you are so right.

Sandy, what I failed to mention was 2 new droids coming out. The first will be about the size of your current Tour, with a keypad. The second will be more on the lines of the original Bold. Those may suit you more, though for me BBM is. The trump card.

Night ya'll. It's late
    08-11-10 11:55 PM
    I'll have to keep an eye out for those devices too I guess.

Push email and BBM are what's making this such a difficult choice for me. I don't want to leave BB, but currently they don't make any devices that are as fun, exciting and brutally fast as some of the other manufacturers.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 08-12-10 at 12:12 AM.
    08-12-10 12:08 AM
    Good Morning TBL!
    08-12-10 04:39 AM
    Awwww! Lots of lemon tea w/honey, gargle with salt, and stop yelling at Michael.
    tea=GROSS! and what if he deserves to be yelled at?
    Morning all! Hi Shi, sorry you don't feel well.

*get well hugs for shipandalicious.

huggiessss
    Get well soon!
    thx my fav monster
    08-12-10 05:09 AM
    Hey there widdle panda. Well, if'n he deserves it, get a megaphone while your throat is sore. Feeling better?
    08-12-10 05:29 AM
    Hey there widdle panda. Well, if'n he deserves it, get a megaphone while your throat is sore. Feeling better?
    hehe sounds like a good idear to me. Ehh a little better... only slept like 4 hours before I came to work... im sooo tired!! How you doiiin?
    08-12-10 05:32 AM
    Had a really nice evening, and maybe 4 myself, but you know me. You need sleeeeeeeeep!!!
    08-12-10 05:41 AM
    Had a really nice evening, and maybe 4 myself, but you know me. You need sleeeeeeeeep!!!
    yes shi=needslotsofsleeporsheisa*********! hahaha :-)
    08-12-10 05:43 AM
    No panda witches, with a capital B.
    08-12-10 05:46 AM
    No panda witches, with a capital B.
    noooo I is a sweeeet panda
    08-12-10 05:48 AM
86,775 ... 30903091309230933094 ...