Don't you guys have labour standards down there? He can refuse to work if it goes over so many hours in a day, and if they don't give him enough rest between shifts. They aren't allowed to do anything about it.
    Yeah we do. This job is a 24 hour emergency on-call job though. The last time they were out for this long they had the guys rest in shifts. One group would take a few hours off while the other group worked & vice versa. But that still doesn't mean he's gotten any sleep. He may have though; I don't know for sure. I'll find out when he gets home.

It wasn't planned for him to be at work this long. He was suppose to be home this afternoon but they got called out to a derailment near where we used to live shortly after checking into the hotel the company was putting them in overnight. His company has a contract with CSX & a few other rail companies for emergency services. When they get a call from one of them they have to go, unless they are already on site somewhere else. Well, technically they weren't when they got the call last night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 09:03 PM
    Oh; just dealing with the wind and a little snow. Gotta get north of Chicago, IL. by morning.

02-09-10 09:04 PM
    Yeah we do. This job is a 24 hour emergency on-call job though. The last time they were out for this long they had the guys rest in shifts. One group would take a few hours off while the other group worked & vice versa. But that still doesn't mean he's gotten any sleep. He may have though; I don't know for sure. I'll find out when he gets home.

It wasn't planned for him to be at work this long. He was suppose to be home this afternoon but they got called out to a derailment near where we used to live shortly after checking into the hotel the company was putting them in overnight. His company has a contract with CSX & a few other rail companies for emergency services. When they get a call from one of them they have to go, unless they are already on site somewhere else. Well, technically they weren't when they got the call last night.

That sucks... Well I hope he makes good money for doing that I wouldn't wanna work on call.

Oh; just dealing with the wind and a little snow. Gotta get north of Chicago, IL. by morning.

Lol, we got lots of snow here I love sliding around all over the roads
    02-09-10 09:11 PM
    *yawn* hi everyone. Just woke up.

Kasi don't worry

02-09-10 09:18 PM

You do know they are getting over a foot of snow tonight?
    02-09-10 09:18 PM
    :::: just sits back, lurks and enjoys ::::
    02-09-10 09:21 PM
    :::: just sits back, lurks and enjoys ::::
    *Starts using Wolfs antique vodka bottles for target practice *
    02-09-10 09:25 PM
    They're commie bottles anyway, go ahead.
    02-09-10 09:25 PM
    They're commie bottles anyway, go ahead.
    *Tears down a piece of dry wall and begins playing ping pong with BK*
    02-09-10 09:28 PM
    *drinks too much, babbles incomprehensible nonsense and laughs hysterically, tells everyone he loves them, passes out in a chair*
    02-09-10 09:35 PM
    As a former polar bear, I love the snow and cold.

This winter, though, I've had about enough of it. We get snow. We get ice. Then we get below zero temps. I think we're on our like 5th round. We still have potentially 2 months of winter left!

I know the last ice storm we got we had our road crews for the city and the guys from the electric company both working 12hrs on, 9hrs off for the better part of 4 days. It really sucks to be working on call in crappy weather.

I hope all is well and safe for whomever might need to be out and doing anything or traveling anywhere in snowy winter weather!
    02-09-10 09:37 PM
    That sucks... Well I hope he makes good money for doing that I wouldn't wanna work on call.

Lol, we got lots of snow here I love sliding around all over the roads
    He does. And of course anything after 40 hours is overtime... so he is probably going into overtime already.

*yawn* hi everyone. Just woke up.

Kasi don't worry

I can't help it. And the "up to 2ft" of snow we're getting overnight isn't helping to ease my mind.

Crap. I need to go put something in Steve's parking spot out back. The cops are outside making everyone move their cars off the street or they'll be towed.

02-09-10 09:54 PM
    Hurry back. And I'm sure whatever he's doing, he's taking precautions and being safe. He won't risk anything if its too dangerous. *hug*

02-09-10 09:58 PM
    Kasi, you're getting ANOTHER big snow fall already? Yikes.
    02-09-10 10:03 PM
    kaka, what do you reserve his spot with?

Nite ya'll!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-09-10 10:07 PM
    hi yall!

10char
    02-09-10 10:13 PM
    hi yall!

10char
    Shutup Chad!
    02-09-10 10:14 PM
    Kasi, you're getting ANOTHER big snow fall already? Yikes.
    Yep. Already. They said we'll see "up to 2ft". It is suppose to snow tonight & most of tomorrow. Winter Storm Warning is in effect until midnight tomorrow.

kaka, what do you reserve his spot with?

Nite ya'll!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Two lawn chairs & our trashcan. I don't think anyone will try to park where he normally does anyway. There is a car between it & the alley (perpendicular instead of parallel like all of the other cars back there.)

Goodnight.

02-09-10 10:17 PM
    Hey Chad.

stupid10characterlimit

02-09-10 10:20 PM
    yay for f'in ice and snow! im stuck at work til who knows when
    02-09-10 10:22 PM
    Hey Chad.

stupid10characterlimit

Hahahahah!!! I finally understand.

02-09-10 10:26 PM
    Hey llama where in texas are you?

howdy everyone else. Im not to grumpy tonight, I slept all day had a fever but it broke both times so im ok now I guess. getting a little hungry all I had was dry cereal.
    02-09-10 11:32 PM
    Hey llama where in texas are you?

howdy everyone else. Im not to grumpy tonight, I slept all day had a fever but it broke both times so im ok now I guess. getting a little hungry all I had was dry cereal.
    Fort worth(ish)

Howdy lol. And good morning(for us anyways) I'm glad you're feeling better. All you sad faces made my night suck last night

02-09-10 11:37 PM
    Fort worth(ish)

Howdy lol. And good morning(for us anyways) I'm glad you're feeling better. All you sad faces made my night suck last night

Really? Hmm Im centralish. I'm down from abilene. Its morning for me kinda, I went to sleep at 8am got up at 6pm and took a nap when lost was on lol. Awwe yeah I complain alot when Im sick I hate it!!!
    02-09-10 11:42 PM
    Well I've lived in other towns but since I ran away, Ft. Worth is where I'm staying. For now anyways. Lived in waco, waxahachie and a few others. Abilene isn't far.

02-09-10 11:49 PM
86,775 ... 26522653265426552656 ...