Damn old desk jockeys.

Never got one of these before:

...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON... ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING... ...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST SUNDAY...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY HAS ALSO BEEN ISSUED. THIS FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON.
    A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING.
    A WIND CHILL WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST SUNDAY.
    TEMPERATURES ARE STRUGGLING TO RISE...AND IN FACT HAVE EITHER HELD STEADY OR FALLEN IN MANY AREAS DUE TO EVAPORATIVE COOLING NEAR THE SURFACE.
    SURFACE OBSERVATIONS AND PUBLIC REPORTS INDICATE THAT LIGHT FREEZING RAIN HAS BEEN FALLING IN A FEW SPOTS NORTH OF INTERSTATE FOUR...SPECIFICALLY IN PLYMOUTH...UMATILLA AND ORMOND BEACH. IT HAS BEEN REPORTED TO BE STARTING TO STICK TO COLDER OUTDOOR SURFACES IN A FEW SPOTS.
    WHILE ROADWAYS WILL REMAIN WET...THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SLICK SPOTS ON SOME BRIDGES IN A FEW SPOTS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF HOURS ACROSS NORTH SECTIONS OF LAKE...VOLUSIA...SEMINOLE AND NORTHWEST ORANGE COUNTIES. REDUCE YOUR SPEED WHEN APPROACHING A BRIDGE IN THIS AREA!!
    TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO CHANGE LITTLE THROUGHOUT THE DAY ACROSS EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA...KEEPING WIND CHILLS AROUND FREEZING TO THE MID 30S THROUGHOUT THE DAYTIME HOURS. THIS MEANS IF YOU WILL BE OUTSIDE ANYTIME TODAY...YOU WILL NEED TO DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE COLD WEATHER.
    COLDER TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL BRING LOWER WIND CHILLS ACROSS THE REGION. WITH WIND CHILLS RANGING FROM THE MID TEENS NEAR THE OCALA FOREST...TO THE LOW 20S AROUND LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND THE TREASURE COAST.
    COLD TEMPERATURES AND BREEZY CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE TO BRING LOW WIND CHILLS AGAIN SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING.
    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. IF YOU VENTURE OUTDOORS... DRESS WARMLY IN LAYERS AND MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.
    A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN...THIS MAY RESULT IN FROST BITE OR HYPOTHERMIA IF YOU REMAIN IN THESE FREEZING CONDITIONS FOR AN EXTENDED DURATION.
    A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Yes, even bridge ice, in Orlando. Anyone care for frozen mouse?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 09:26 AM
    I love to watch the news reports where they show people who aren't used to it driving on ice. CNN showed them yesterday, spinning and sliding out of control. TG no one was hurt. Should be part of drivers ed to teach warm weather state drivers to slow down on ice.

01-09-10 09:45 AM
    Now that's funny. They have to explain what windchill is, in detail, for people who have never experienced it.

"Attention Floridians.
    That white stuff falling from the sky is NOT volcanic ash.
    (There are no volcanoes in Florida).

It's called snow..."
    01-09-10 09:48 AM
    We have plenty of experience in driving on ice in Florida, only we call it black ice. The roads get so slick when it hasn't rained in days. I'm sure you all get that too Mike. Thinking about a bridge being frozen though, ish. If you can't get someone to read a sign, how are we ever going to get the laws of thermal-dynamics through their skulls? We could design A.S.S., similar to ABS, and with a perfect anagram. Automatic Stud System when the tires get below a certain temperature. We'll make millions, or look like A.S.S.'s trying.

Nope Brian, white fluffy stuff falling from the sky is WTFBBQ to us. I know so many people who have never even seen it.
    01-09-10 10:08 AM
    wolfy i like that idea!
    01-09-10 10:35 AM
    Here's a screen shot from Weather Eye. The forecast for ALL of North America today is...cloudy.

Well they are full of crap cause it is bright & sunny here. I actually pulled out my sunglasses this morning. It is still really cold & windy though. Its 23� but feels like 8� with the windchill (according to BerryWeather & WeatherUnderground.)

Good morning everyone. Another long day at work. Tonight should be fun because we are one man short , and not because of pink eye (although he is still out of work, but he serves on the weekends.) I'll have to tell you guys that story later...

01-09-10 11:04 AM
    have fun kasi! im at work til 7 this evening, will be fun getting home, gonna be f'in cold and the roads will be freezing up again
    01-09-10 11:05 AM
    Sweet! Story telling time with kaka. This should be fun.

Be careful Chadski, we don't have an app for that yet.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-09-10 11:25 AM
    You're right Kasi. It's sunny and bright here too. Maybe I should go back and edit my post to: Current conditions as of 8 am EST.

Young kids are so easy to amuse sometimes. They were excited when I told them we were going to the car wash.

Daddys are easy to please too. I look at my nice clean car and it makes me happy.

Mommys, well, that's more complicated.
    01-09-10 11:39 AM
    Oh, btw Ed. Let us know if you get your A.S.S. off the ground.

You might even find an investor through the forums who'd be willing to sink some money in your A.S.S.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 01-09-10 at 11:46 AM.
    01-09-10 11:43 AM
    You mean I might find someone willing to sink their teeth into it?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-09-10 11:55 AM
    You're right Kasi. It's sunny and bright here too. Maybe I should go back and edit my post to: Current conditions as of 8 am EST.

Young kids are so easy to amuse sometimes. They were excited when I told them we were going to the car wash.

Daddys are easy to please too. I look at my nice clean car and it makes me happy.

You're happy, and momma's not happy? Brian, tell me your secret.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-09-10 11:58 AM
    First thing to do is build a prototype, so you can show your A.S.S. to anyone who might be interested. Maybe install it in your car, take them for a drive. That way they'll know what it's like to ride your A.S.S.
    01-09-10 12:02 PM
    I'm sitting here, waiting on my meatball parm sub, LMAO. Thanks Brian!

Just slapped a g of g.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-09-10 12:22 PM
    Sweet! Story telling time with kaka. This should be fun.

Be careful Chadski, we don't have an app for that yet.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

Haha. Story time is always fun.

Lol. Sorry, I didn't take note of the time. Besides, I said they're full of crap, not you.

01-09-10 12:48 PM
    That's ok kaka, we know what Brian is full of.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-09-10 01:03 PM
    Ok, it's story time since I'm on break till 4:30.

There's a chance I may start getting more hours soon. Why? Because Wednesday night two of the cooks got into an argument. We'll call them O & C. Well, C went in the walk-in to get something he needed for the line. On his way back out he pulled his phone from his pocket to see what time it was. O saw his phone in his hand, thought he was texting & freaked out. Went up to C and hit him, open handed, in the back of the head pretty hard. I mean, it wasn't like a slap to the back of the head, he hit him like you would punch someone, only with his hand open.

C turned around & asked him what the **** his problem was & O starts screaming at him about being on his phone at work. C says whatever & goes back to working, O walks away. A couple orders of wings come in and C starts to drop them in the fryers. O comes back over and grabs hold of the door to the reach-in, pulls it off the hinges, throws it to the ground, & starts yelling at C some more.

O has absolutely no room to talk when it comes to using phones at work. He is the one person that uses his the most while on the clock. There have been several nights that we would be busy on fry & he would be sitting at the other end of the line typing away on his phone.

C said he wanted to punch O when this happened, but he knew that him retaliating would only get him in trouble too.

O has been asked not to return to work until Corporate makes the decision whether he can stay or not.

01-09-10 01:31 PM
    wow kasi, sounds like O pretty much screwed himself
    01-09-10 01:41 PM
    Pretty serious stuff right there. I'd want to punch O too.
    01-09-10 01:50 PM
    O crap! There's got to be a hot-headed cook in every restaurant. The manager should have just fired his booty. WTF does corp need to get involved for? Hopefully that will result in better shifts for you kaka, and less days in a row. I'll have to tell the story of why I moved to Melbourne, but first naptime, and then I must get my resume done.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-09-10 01:51 PM
    He did. The guy is a really ******* too. He flipped out on me & Craig last week for talking while working, then turned around & started talking to the guy working the same station with him. He's the guy they warned me about the day I started. Told me not to take anything he says personally because he doesn't have a filter between his brain & mouth.

I won't be surprised if they fire him. What he did is assault.

01-09-10 01:52 PM
    O crap! There's got to be a hot-headed cook in every restaurant. The manager should have just fired his booty. WTF does corp need to get involved for? Hopefully that will result in better shifts for you kaka, and less days in a row. I'll have to tell the story of why I moved to Melbourne, but first naptime, and then I must get my resume done.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

It's because of company policy or some crap like that. The GM here spoke with C about the situation yesterday but I don't know what was said in the conversation. He most likely will be fired though.

01-09-10 01:56 PM
    Shooby dooby doo, la ta ta ta ta... How's everyone's weekend coming along?
    01-09-10 02:46 PM
    This isn't mobile friendly but I'm speechless.

$470,348,380

Going back to sleep, in pain again.
    01-09-10 03:12 PM
    This isn't mobile friendly but I'm speechless.

$470,348,380

Going back to sleep, in pain again.
    It's not safari friendly either. I'm guessing you need adobe flash, as it's a mostly blank page.

Kasi, what I find hard to believe is that c didn't just react without thinking and beat o to a pulp.
    01-09-10 03:22 PM
86,775 ... 25542555255625572558 ...